Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
894 Posts
at the moment I've got 124gr NATO (basically a +P load) in it's mag - got some "normal" HPs from various makers locked up in the safe but haven't given 'em the "range test" as yet

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the 147 be too heavy? I have them in my 17 for the house and could carry that mag for a back up.

·
Registered
511 Posts
creature said:
Would the 147 be too heavy? I have them in my 17 for the house and could carry that mag for a back up.
Last night I shot 147 for the first time out of my beretta nano. Not +P. I could definitely tell a difference from 115 and 124 target ammo. The 147 had noticeably more kick to it. I had a harder time hitting the bullseye with the 147. As a result, I may consider going down to 124 g for defensive ammo. The G26 is a bit bigger than the nano so the perceived difference may not be as much between the bullet weights.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
135gr +P Critical Duty by Hornady

·
Banned
894 Posts
That's the only type of ammo I haven't been able to find at WM--"Defensive"
at $20/100rds I wouldn't exactly call that a "defensive ammo" - a better name would be, oh, I don't know.....tulammo ?

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
at $20/100rds I wouldn't exactly call that a "defensive ammo" - a better name would be, oh, I don't know.....tulammo ?
Federal hydra shok & Winchester pdx1 is the same as TulAmmo? :confused: since TulAmmo is $10 for 50 rounds FMJ steel, and these are brass JHP that is $21 for 20 rounds..

Am I crazy? :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Remington Golden Sabers JHP are good also

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Speer Gold dot 124gr. 10 in the mag, 1 in the pipe, and a G19 mag w/ a 3rnd extension as backup.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts