Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forget the title, meant to say subcompact glock.Looking to purchase a subcompact glock, but really have no idea on which one. Another question is since there is only enough room on the gun for three of the four fingers, if I purchase the grip extension would it make it that much larger? Would it be about the size of a compact? I already own a glock 21sf and glock 23. Also I have very large hands too. So anyways just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, CWearTX, and WELCOME the the Forum!

In response to your question, I will offer MY opinion in the hopes it will help....

I have 2 Glocks, both subcompacts, the G26 in 9mm and the G30 in .45ACP. The stock grip felt awkward for me, no pink rest, so first I opted for Pearce +2 grip extensions (they replace the maagzine baseplate and extend the FORWARD edge of the grip), and add 2 to the magazine capacity. Later on, I tried using G17 magazines (17 rounds of 9mm) in my G26, with XGrip magazine sleeve, and basically ended up with a full-size grip (of a G17) with the shorter barrel and slide and lighter front weight (of a G26). Check my thread about it here: http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f11/opinions-extended-mag-adapters-1003/

Another member recently posted about a grip extension that does NOT make the grip any longer, find that thread here: http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f11/gap-magazine-base-plate-1885/

Another member was offering up for sale some Pearce grip extensions, (already sold) but for the info it is here: http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f20/pearce-0-grip-extensions-683/

Hope you find something that fits your needs.

(I would suggest posting a *Hi there* in "Introductions", so all the other members have a chance to say Hi back at ya!):)

Again, Welcome to the Forum!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Welcome! I'm new too and really enjoy reading the posts and responses.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
littleposerfish said:
i carry the G38 .45 GAP, i love this. great over all feel and size. the G39 .45 GAP is very concealable. with all the stopping power you need.
How's the recoil being it's is the subcompact?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Unless you're looking to add another caliber, I'd either get a 30SF to go with your 21SF or a 27 to go with your 23. I carried the 23 & 27 combo for years. Being able to use the larger magazines in the smaller gun, if needed, is nice. The 27 was actually easier to shoot and more accurate than the 23. This is something that people seem to report consistently.

With the 30SF, because of the large base on the magazine, you may not need to add an extension. With the 27, you can get a Pearce PG2733 that gives you a +1 on the magazine and is angled so that it doesn't add anything to the backstrap, which is where it would be an issue for concealment.

As for the .45 GAP, I currently carry the 37 & 39. It's a great shooter, very accurate, everything you could want in a .45, just a little smaller and easier to grip. You can get a Pearce PG39 for that one. You can put the 2733 on it, or even the PG26, but they won't add anything but a little room for the pinky.

With the exception of the 29 & 30, which are the 10mm & .45ACP, all the rest are the same size, regardless of caliber. Well, the .45 GAP slide is a little thicker, but the frame is the same as the 9/357/40.

If you are looking to add a new caliber, the 33, which is the subcompact .357Sig would be a LOT of fun!

·
Registered
411 Posts
recoil is very manageable and still offering the ballistics and knock down power of its older brother .45 ACP

but i also carry a browning bda 380, love this sucker as well but i prefer a glock when my life depends on it lol

·
Banned
6 Posts
G26, balistically its as good as the rest. Some say bigger is better, if you are a ****ty shot by all means buy a .45 gap. Also, buy Glock parts for a Glock pistol. It pisses me off when people pimp out their pistol and make it look cool and forget they might be sacrificing function. Just a thought, happy shooting!

·
Registered
411 Posts
G26, balistically its as good as the rest. Some say bigger is better, if you are a ****ty shot by all means buy a .45 gap. Also, buy Glock parts for a Glock pistol. It pisses me off when people pimp out their pistol and make it look cool and forget they might be sacrificing function. Just a thought, happy shooting!
what does being a ****ty shot got to do with a .45 gap? :confused:

·
Banned
6 Posts
littleposerfish said:
what does being a ****ty shot got to do with a .45 gap? :confused:
Popular thinking in the gun world is that bigger bullets equal knockdown power, true. So, in essence, people that shoot poorly tend to rely solely on knockdown power and not on shot placement. Personal preference for me is the g26, 10+1 in 9mm is something i prefer to carry because I am confident in my shooting but also like a few extra rounds in a mag. Love the .45 but the 9mm is fast and devastating. But, we could argue ballistics all day. It all comes down to what your needs are in a carry gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a subcompact glock. I would like to shoot both 357 and 40. My question is what it be better to buy the 357 sig. Glock, or the 40 glock. And the barrel for the other caliber.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Popular thinking in the gun world is that bigger bullets equal knockdown power, true. So, in essence, people that shoot poorly tend to rely solely on knockdown power and not on shot placement. Personal preference for me is the g26, 10+1 in 9mm is something i prefer to carry because I am confident in my shooting but also like a few extra rounds in a mag. Love the .45 but the 9mm is fast and devastating. But, we could argue ballistics all day. It all comes down to what your needs are in a carry gun.
Well, first of all, there is no such thing as "knock down" power. If any round put out sufficient energy to knock down a human being, the person firing the gun would also fall down. That whole "equal and opposite" reaction thing.

Anyone who shoots poorly should practice more and get some training. Shooting a bigger round poorly does no more than shooting a small caliber poorly.

As for the 9mm being "fast and devastating", while you can find ballistics data for speed all day long. If you can show proof that it is "devastating", then bring it out.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
During the winter, I carry a G36 with a stock mag in the holster, with a +1 as my spare.

I thought of going to a G30SF, which feels as good in my hand as the G36, but to keep the inventory simple, I think I'll go with a G26.

As for recoil, the G36 .45's didn't bother my old hand as bad as the .40 cals do. I'm only switching to all 9MM because I can carry and transport a lot more ammo in 9MM, one, and two, it's a lot cheaper.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts