Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 184 Posts
can't argue against Colt as I've owned several or the other fine companies mentioned. I wouldn't rank Bushmaster near the top though there ok and I have owned 2. my current fairly early production M&P 15 will do to ride the river with! it functions as good as any I've had and is the most accurate AR I've ever owned.

smokeynutz said:
Rock River Arms has a sale on the LAR15 Operator 2 series. $1000 shipped. What do you think?
Order it from Kentucky Gun Co, not from RRA direct! RRA wont give chromed BCG anymore and takes about 6 months lead time. While Kentucky has them in stocks!.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
okdonk said:
Order it from Kentucky Gun Co, not from RRA direct! RRA wont give chromed BCG anymore and takes about 6 months lead time. While Kentucky has them in stocks!.
I saw that RRA was not offering the chromed BCG with the Operator 2. I went to Kentucky Gun Co's site and the have the tactical in stock $979 with the chromed BCG. Thanks for the info. I'll talk to my dealer tomorrow. He has DPMS in stock and suggested I buy one of those, but from what I've read, DPMS is not high quality.

smokeynutz said:
I saw that RRA was not offering the chromed BCG with the Operator 2. I went to Kentucky Gun Co's site and the have the tactical in stock $979 with the chromed BCG. Thanks for the info. I'll talk to my dealer tomorrow. He has DPMS in stock and suggested I buy one of those, but from what I've read, DPMS is not high quality.
I placed my order from RRA via my LGS on march. That time they offered with chromed BCG and i was told 3 months lead time. When 3 months was up, i found out they were not offering anymore chromed BCGs to the current or new orders. I got mad as RRA did not notify us at all and asked me to wait another 2 months. What the heck! Cancelled it and erased RRA brand of my mind list. Eventhough i can get it from Kentucky now, i already lost interest of it. Lol
Anyway forget DPMS!, RRA is way better bro! Just order it and get it transferred to your LGS.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
okdonk said:
I placed my order from RRA via my LGS on march. That time they offered with chromed BCG and i was told 3 months lead time. When 3 months was up, i found out they were not offering anymore chromed BCGs to the current or new orders. I got mad as RRA did not notify us at all and asked me to wait another 2 months. What the heck! Cancelled it and erased RRA brand of my mind list. Eventhough i can get it from Kentucky now, i already lost interest of it. Lol
Anyway forget DPMS!, RRA is way better bro! Just order it and get it transferred to your LGS.
Ya know, I seem to like different aspects of the AR from different mfg's. Think I might build one. Even if it sucks, I built it! I like Spikes.

I've assembled several ARs, it seems like a big deal to take that first plunge, but once you do one you'll be addicted. They are so easy to put together, and require only a minimal amount of tools. If you buy an assembled upper half and build a stripped lower all you need is the stock wrench and rollpin punch.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
bhale187 said:
I've assembled several ARs, it seems like a big deal to take that first plunge, but once you do one you'll be addicted. They are so easy to put together, and require only a minimal amount of tools. If you buy an assembled upper half and build a stripped lower all you need is the stock wrench and rollpin punch.
I think that's what I'm going to do. Do you have upper, lower, trigger system suggestions?

I purchased my first Ar a sig m400 enhanced after reading a bunch of great reviews. I had very little experience with Ar style rifles. That being said it was a great of the shelf buy for me. The only thing I've added was a Eotech 512, magpul vertical grip, magpul quick detach swivel, a magpul sling, and ten pmags. All for under $ 1800. That being said I haven't had a issue with over two thousand rounds down range through it. However I have been bitten by the Ar bug and now gathering parts to build something in a 308.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

Attachments

I think that's what I'm going to do. Do you have upper, lower, trigger system suggestions?
I like Spikes Tactical and Palmetto State Armory lowers, they are inexpensive, mil spec, and good quality finish.

For uppers I like Palmetto and JSE, they both make a good product, good prices and keep assembled uppers in stock.

For the trigger, I generally just use a GI trigger, most commonly DPMS lower parts kit. If you are wanting a different pistol grip Palmetto sells them in kits with various grips to choose from. If you want an upgraded trigger and don't want to pay an arm and a leg the RRA 2 stage or NM is the way to go. They cost about $60 (I think) over the standard LPK, but they are nice for target shooting. If you want a super high match grade trigger Timney is rough to beat they they are $175 for the trigger alone, no LPK.

smokeynutz said:
Thanks for all the comments. When I first decided that I wanted an AR15 the Colt LE6920 was the first one I picked. Maybe I should stick with my first gut instinct. Glock was the first pistol I bought and I didn't go wrong with that.
I was in the same boat many many choices and my gut was colt m4 also and that's what I got after much research. I am happy with my purchase. Got it at academy for 1000

Discussion starter · #57 ·
n8tv said:
I was in the same boat many many choices and my gut was colt m4 also and that's what I got after much research. I am happy with my purchase. Got it at academy for 1000
I'm definitely going to build one, Spike's Tactical, but I may also buy the Colt LE6920MPB. I like the Sig516 too. Lots of choices!!

I'm definitely going to build one, Spike's Tactical, but I may also buy the Colt LE6920MPB. I like the Sig516 too. Lots of choices!!

I am in the process of building a Spikes lower and I must say it really is a nice quality lower. All I am waiting for is the M4 stock assembly and it will be complete.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Support Gunner said:
I am in the process of building a Spikes lower and I must say it really is a nice quality lower. All I am waiting for is the M4 stock assembly and it will be complete.
Very cool. Did you go with the ST Battle Trigger? I read that those are nice.

Very cool. Did you go with the ST Battle Trigger? I read that those are nice.

No I just have the trigger that comes with the DPMS lower parts kit right now. I probably wont start messing with the trigger till I get it all completed and see how it shoots.

The Timney trigger looks really nice.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VkbUeoPk1A[/ame]

41 - 60 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.