Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done so much research on the AR15 that my head is about to explode. I have zero experience with AR's and don't know where to start. I want a high quality AR15 for the range. I want it to be able to handle any ammo I run and be accurate out of the box. I'm looking for suggestions and good advice. I only want to do this one time. I wish Glock made an AR15, but since that's not the case what do you suggest. Money is not an issue, but I don't like wasting it either. Send your thoughts please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A good quality AR does not normally throw out any ammunition you put in it but the best AR's are probably Bushmasters or colts they are high quality but that means high quality ammunition so that's the only con but over all they are excellent firearms and there is a very wide variety to choose from.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glock17Finatic said:
A good quality AR does not normally throw out any ammunition you put in it but the best AR's are probably Bushmasters or colts they are high quality but that means high quality ammunition so that's the only con but over all they are excellent firearms and there is a very wide variety to choose from.
Bushmaster? Oh come one! The best out there are Daniel Defense, BCM, Colt, Noveske and Spike's. Spike's the cheapest among them beats Bushmaster hands down!
No offense but google it if you don't believe.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Two comments and it has turned out just as I predicted. I knew I would be right, I just didn't know it would be this soon. :D

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Oh.. There will be blood.
JK
I've got a Rock River and a Colt. The Colt is true milspec. The Colt always works. That being said the Colt doesn't have a great trigger like the Rock River and other rifles with custom triggers. My Rock River is sweet and a little more accurate than the Colt but I've abused the Colt and used it for work.
There are always going to be people trashing one over the other brand of AR-15. Plus you need to know if you want just a great target rifle or a combat grade AR.
I like the new LaRue Tactical AR's.
As far as ones to avoid especially being a noob to AR's, watch out for AR's that are one offs, made by a company you never heard of and AR's with alternate materials other than forged aluminum receivers.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the Colt. The first one I ever shot was made at The General Motors Hydra Matic Plant around 1960, I was issued it by the Marine Corps in 1973, 13 years old, and after much hard use, I still had no problem shooting expert with it. Most of the Parkerizing was worn off shiny, & the hand guards were heat cracked pretty bad, but it still worked just fine.

Just an old M16-A1, but it did anything you asked of it, & kept on ticking.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the comments thus far. The one manufacturer that everyone seems to agree upon is Colt.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
If not building your own, I'd suggest the Rock River Arms. The DEA, Dallas PD, and several other PDs use them; I have owned a few and loved them. For the money i think they offer the most bang for your buck.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
They have the Colt 6920 AR-15 for sale at Walmart for just under $1100. DSG arms also. Pretty good deals.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Spikes are awesome (buddy of mine has one and loves it). Also, check out palmetto state armory if you want to build your own (I have one and love it).

·
24 Posts
I have a Spikes Tactical. Never had a problem with it. Heres a couple pics of it. I just bought the drum mag so i wont have to reload as much at the range. Its the black AR in the first pic. It has the Spikes battle trigger, BCM gunfighter mod3 charging handle, Aimpoint micro t1, all magpul grips and stock, ymh flash hidder, sure fire light, and the kns anti roll trigger pins. The other AR was my first one but i sold it

Without the drum mag

With the drum mag

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
red06gto said:
I have a Spikes Tactical. Never had a problem with it. Heres a couple pics of it. I just bought the drum mag so i wont have to reload as much at the range. Its the black AR i nthe first pic. The other AR was my first one but i sold it

Without the drum mag

With the drum mag
Pure evil!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have a Spikes Tactical. Never had a problem with it. Heres a couple pics of it. I just bought the drum mag so i wont have to reload as much at the range. Its the black AR i nthe first pic. The other AR was my first one but i sold it

Without the drum mag

With the drum mag

Nice collection! Love the Desert Eagle .50. It was my very first firearm/pistol I bought. :D

Edit: I'm in the process of waiting on my Spike Tactical lower to get here to start my own AR build.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
That's how I got my S&W 500. I've seen reliability issues with Desert Eagles. How's yours?

·
24 Posts
That's how I got my S&W 500. I've seen reliability issues with Desert Eagles. How's yours?
Ive never had any reliability problems. Its been good to me but it does take forever to strip down and clean

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Del-Ton from a local gun dealer that I trust (co-worker). He told me that the Del-Ton is as accurate if not better than the Colt. And about half the price.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.