Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, which AR spare parts do you have?
I have a complete bcg for both the AR15 and AR9 and I’m planning on ordering a lower and upper parts kits.
Plus a few magazines of course.
I might get a naked lower receiver....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Simple question, which AR spare parts do you have?
I have a complete bcg for both the AR15 and AR9 and I’m planning on ordering a lower and upper parts kits.
Plus a few magazines of course.
I might get a naked lower receiver....
Your list looks good and the addition of lower parts kit,springs and detents to me are a must as well as at least a spare buffer spring should take care of most needs.

Reactions: j102

·
Premium Member
13,021 Posts
I keep a complete extra lower, gas block, tube, etc in my AR bag. I should get an extra bcg to keep also.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your list looks good and the addition of lower parts kit,springs and detents to me are a must as well as at least a spare buffer spring should take care of most needs.
Those parts kits come with all the parts and springs, although most don’t have a buffer or buffer spring, but can be acquired separately.

·
Happy Member :)
5,115 Posts
Lol any extra parts go to new firearms lol I know having them is a good idea but just having loose parts around bothers me, but I do have a complete lower right now that I need to do something with

Reactions: j102

·
Registered
828 Posts
You know most Magpul grips can have a special cup available for a spare bolt and firing pin.

KNS Precision firing pin retainer is a nice thing to have vs fighting with those turd cotter pins. This is a modern version of the ORIGINAL style from back in the 60's.
1615124563648.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy a quality lower parts kit and a quality complete bolt assembly and gas tube. . That is a great start. That being said I sold all my AR 15s and parts 6 months ago at a huge. huge profit.. What I have found out over the years and I bought my first AR15 in 1976 is that no AR lover owns just 1 AR.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I carry one because the rifle doesn’t work without one.
I have only heard of 1 gas tube failing. It was in the IV888 torture test going full auto mag after mag trying to melt down the barrels. The S&W barrel never died. However the gas tube acted like a safety fuse. No way in any manner did this simulate even "extreme" full auto use.

How do they fail otherwise? Educate me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,050 Posts
I have only heard of 1 gas tube failing. It was in the IV888 torture test going full auto mag after mag trying to melt down the barrels. The S&W barrel never died. However the gas tube acted like a safety fuse. No way in any manner did this simulate even "extreme" full auto use.

How do they fail otherwise? Educate me.
My brother had his blow out on his Stag AR-15. Granted it was after a high round count SWAT school. I’ve only seen one other that went bad.

I’ve got some extra parts but having too many leads me to building another AR.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My brother had his blow out on his Stag AR-15. Granted it was after a high round count SWAT school. I’ve only seen one other that went bad.

I’ve got some extra parts but having too many leads me to building another AR.
It's a vicious circle! I accidentally ordered a complete buffer tube assembly. I am gathering parts for another AR10. I forgot I already have a complete PSA AR10 lower!! :oops:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts