Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first time I went to the gun range was in Menominee, with the father and bro in laws. Tried Shiocton Lake Park this past Sun. Was also going to try Midwestern Shooters Supply (Lomira), but they were booked 'til close. $12/hr (indoor range) and $8/hr for pistol rental.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Hello sir I'm in fond du lac and just joined wescott, its just off 23 on I like 2 minutes past menards it was 25 bucks for a year they only have 1 range with benches at 100 75 50 and 25 yards but for the price I couldn't complain i've been out there about 3 times now, today being the most recent Me and my dad spent about 2 hours shooting our handguns and my ar 15
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello sir I'm in fond du lac and just joined wescott, its just off 23 on I like 2 minutes past menards it was 25 bucks for a year they only have 1 range with benches at 100 75 50 and 25 yards but for the price I couldn't complain i've been out there about 3 times now, today being the most recent Me and my dad spent about 2 hours shooting our handguns and my ar 15
Thanks for the info, bro. I'll have to check it out.

Eric
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
SIR said:
The first time I went to the gun range was in Menominee, with the father and bro in laws. Tried Shiocton Lake Park this past Sun. Was also going to try Midwestern Shooters Supply (Lomira), but they were booked 'til close. $12/hr (indoor range) and $8/hr for pistol rental.
I'm going to the Lomira range tomorrow morning at 9am to shoot my new G17 gen4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rickjames said:
I'm going to the Lomira range tomorrow morning at 9am to shoot my new G17 gen4
Let me know how it goes.
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
Make sure you make an appointment before showing up SIR, I showed up when they opened at 9am and couldn't shoot until 11am. You can call a day ahead and schedule so you don't have to kill time. Another thing I noticed, whenI was walking into the range itself, was a sign that said all ammo must be purchased from them. They clearly seen me walk in with a walmart bag filled with ammo and didn't say anything at all. So I will try my luck and try it again until I'm told otherwise.
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
I shot 100 rounds of wwb and 50 rounds of tulammo. My friend shot 50 rounds of federal all through my G17 gen4, no issues at all. I also shot 50 rounds of federal through my friends xd40. All my shots were rather high but centered. Here's my first 50 shots through my G17, first time shooting a handgun ever I should add.

ForumRunner_20120421_145242.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure you make an appointment before showing up SIR, I showed up when they opened at 9am and couldn't shoot until 11am. You can call a day ahead and schedule so you don't have to kill time. Another thing I noticed, whenI was walking into the range itself, was a sign that said all ammo must be purchased from them. They clearly seen me walk in with a walmart bag filled with ammo and didn't say anything at all. So I will try my luck and try it again until I'm told otherwise.
Lol. Let me know how it goes. And how much are their ammos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
I went to limira about a month ago and walked in with my own ammo as well but I did pick up some 40 s&w Remingtons just fmj but they were like 19 bucks for a box of 50. So pretty normal
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
Yea there ammo isn't terribly expensive compared to gander, but a few bucks more than Walmart. I visited 4 walmart stores, 2 in Sheboygan 1 in Plymouth and the last in Fond du Lac, all of them were out of 9mm federal and Remington. Only Winchester white box and tulammo. So I grabbed what I could
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
rickjames said:
Yea there ammo isn't terribly expensive compared to gander, but a few bucks more than Walmart. I visited 4 walmart stores, 2 in Sheboygan 1 in Plymouth and the last in Fond du Lac, all of them were out of 9mm federal and Remington. Only Winchester white box and tulammo. So I grabbed what I could
Same here in Milwaukee. I hate Gander and their unrealistic prices. Have you tried Blaim's Farm n Fleet? Well they seem to be out all the time because of their fantastic price.
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
MiguelAngel said:
Same here in Milwaukee. I hate Gander and their unrealistic prices. Have you tried Blaim's Farm n Fleet? Well they seem to be out all the time because of their fantastic price.
We have fleet farm in plymouth, I stocked up on remington $9.99 for 50.
No longer will I be going to walmart haha
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
rickjames said:
We have fleet farm in plymouth, I stocked up on remington $9.99 for 50.
No longer will I be going to walmart haha
What!!! Im going there!!! I think they have one in Waukesha.
 

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
MiguelAngel said:
oh darn....Im still going. lol
Miguel they still had 5 boxes of the remington. I grabbed 2. And they have WPA russian ammo, is that wolf ammo? Anyway 50 rounds for $8.89 I picked one of those up to test, they are on sale until the 15th.
Idk what the difference is between farm & fleet and fleet farm but I hope you can snag some at this price.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
rickjames said:
Miguel they still had 5 boxes of the remington. I grabbed 2. And they have WPA russian ammo, is that wolf ammo? Anyway 50 rounds for $8.89 I picked one of those up to test, they are on sale until the 15th.
Idk what the difference is between farm & fleet and fleet farm but I hope you can snag some at this price.
Im actually getting my 5 de Mayo drink on... lol

Ill be going tomorrow then hitting up Blue Harbor Resort for my daughters birthday... :)

Edit. Blain's Farm n fleet is Wisconsin Family owned. Then Fleet Farm is a bigger company in Wisconsin as well in other states.Bigger franchise? correct me if I'm wrong.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top