Where to shoot in the 920 area (Wisconsin)

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by SIR, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SIR

SIR New Member

The first time I went to the gun range was in Menominee, with the father and bro in laws. Tried Shiocton Lake Park this past Sun. Was also going to try Midwestern Shooters Supply (Lomira), but they were booked 'til close. $12/hr (indoor range) and $8/hr for pistol rental.

2. shawn0989

shawn0989 New Member

Hello sir I'm in fond du lac and just joined wescott, its just off 23 on I like 2 minutes past menards it was 25 bucks for a year they only have 1 range with benches at 100 75 50 and 25 yards but for the price I couldn't complain i've been out there about 3 times now, today being the most recent Me and my dad spent about 2 hours shooting our handguns and my ar 15

3. shawn0989

shawn0989 New Member

About 40 rounds through the g23

Attached Files:

4. SIR

SIR New Member

Thanks for the info, bro. I'll have to check it out.

Eric

5. SIR

SIR New Member

Thanks for sharing. My cousin just recently got a G23 Gen 4.

6. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I'm going to the Lomira range tomorrow morning at 9am to shoot my new G17 gen4

7. SIR

SIR New Member

Let me know how it goes.

8. rickjames

Make sure you make an appointment before showing up SIR, I showed up when they opened at 9am and couldn't shoot until 11am. You can call a day ahead and schedule so you don't have to kill time. Another thing I noticed, whenI was walking into the range itself, was a sign that said all ammo must be purchased from them. They clearly seen me walk in with a walmart bag filled with ammo and didn't say anything at all. So I will try my luck and try it again until I'm told otherwise.

9. rickjames

I shot 100 rounds of wwb and 50 rounds of tulammo. My friend shot 50 rounds of federal all through my G17 gen4, no issues at all. I also shot 50 rounds of federal through my friends xd40. All my shots were rather high but centered. Here's my first 50 shots through my G17, first time shooting a handgun ever I should add.

ForumRunner_20120421_145242.jpg

10. SIR

SIR New Member

Lol. Let me know how it goes. And how much are their ammos.

11. shawn0989

shawn0989 New Member

I went to limira about a month ago and walked in with my own ammo as well but I did pick up some 40 s&w Remingtons just fmj but they were like 19 bucks for a box of 50. So pretty normal

12. rickjames

Yea there ammo isn't terribly expensive compared to gander, but a few bucks more than Walmart. I visited 4 walmart stores, 2 in Sheboygan 1 in Plymouth and the last in Fond du Lac, all of them were out of 9mm federal and Remington. Only Winchester white box and tulammo. So I grabbed what I could

13. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Same here in Milwaukee. I hate Gander and their unrealistic prices. Have you tried Blaim's Farm n Fleet? Well they seem to be out all the time because of their fantastic price.

14. rickjames

We have fleet farm in plymouth, I stocked up on remington $9.99 for 50.
    No longer will I be going to walmart haha

15. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

What!!! Im going there!!! I think they have one in Waukesha.

16. rickjames

The sale ends today, and Im sure they are out. I grabbed 5 boxes right away

17. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

oh darn....Im still going. lol

18. rickjames

Miguel they still had 5 boxes of the remington. I grabbed 2. And they have WPA russian ammo, is that wolf ammo? Anyway 50 rounds for $8.89 I picked one of those up to test, they are on sale until the 15th.
    Idk what the difference is between farm & fleet and fleet farm but I hope you can snag some at this price.

19. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Im actually getting my 5 de Mayo drink on... lol

Ill be going tomorrow then hitting up Blue Harbor Resort for my daughters birthday... :)

Edit. Blain's Farm n fleet is Wisconsin Family owned. Then Fleet Farm is a bigger company in Wisconsin as well in other states.Bigger franchise? correct me if I'm wrong.