Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. The personal weapon of militia is kept at home as part of the military obligations. Switzerland has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world. In recent times political opposition has expressed a desire for tighter gun regulations.[2] A referendum in February 2011 rejected stricter gun control.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Great find.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I thought Israel did the same thing for men and women?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
ROYALE-W-CHEESE said:
The way I understand it: Israeli residents of the West Bank are given government-issued firearms and receive training; however, the arms are government property and can be seized at any time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics#Israel
They are required to serve in the military in Israel. They are one of the top militaries out there. War for them is like baseball in the US... It's their past time.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
The thing that impresses me about Switzerland is they actually have a national go-out-and-shoot-your-gun day, with ammunition provided for by the state (though I'd imagine they're ok with you bringing your own so that you can shoot more!). Literally, everyone in the country goes to the range.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CountryMick said:
The thing that impresses me about Switzerland is they actually have a national go-out-and-shoot-your-gun day...
I think that's every day in Israel, Lebanon, Afghanistan, northern Ireland, many parts of Africa, east Oakland, south-central LA... ;)

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
Well guys I'm moving to Switerland or Israel.... Both have awsome women too....

CA has too many hippies obsessed with banning everything....

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I'll take Israel just because of the weather and the Zohan. I can't stand the cold. Besides, Natalie Portman is hottt.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
I'll take Israel just because of the weather and the Zohan. I can't stand the cold. Besides, Natalie Portman is hottt.
Man these countries are awesome! But Portman is a little took skinny for me...

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
You are right, you convinced me.:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Portman is indeed a looker; however, if we're talking Israeli girls, I'll take Bar Rafaeli any day and twice on Sundays! Or Galya Abramov, Nofit Shabah, Yael Bar Zohar...

And the Swiss contingent? Fuhgeddaboutit! Can't even get started on Swiss girls. I'd swoon.

As for CC and firearms in general, it seems Vermont is the place to be!

• No permit is required to purchase a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.
  • No state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.
  • It is lawful to carry a firearm openly or concealed provided the firearm is not carried with the intent or avowed purpose of injuring a fellow man.
  • Vermont respects the right of all law abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm without the need for a permit.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/vermont.aspx

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alaska has a lot in common with Vermont as far as firearms are concerned. If you are legal to own a firearm, you can buy and/or possess one without a permit. Also no permit is required to carry a handgun (concealed or open carry).... a CCW is required if you want to get a CCW from another state which recognizes the AK permit. I like it, I like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts