Where do you Carry?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by jimmyalbrecht, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

So for you guys who have a MaxTuck, Kingtuck, Supertuck, and all those other tucks, where do you carry your weapon? Pictures please. What height/cant do you have it at? I'm trying to find a good position, but it is hard. Maybe someone can help me. I have a Glock 23 btw.

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Start off with the kydex centered on the label of your jeans and go from there (4-5 o'clock). Your not going to be able to comfortably carry at 3 o'clock due to the kydex being centered on your hip bone (unless you have a lot of padding there). With the weapon holstered it won't bend right at that point to form to your hip, know what I mean? I would also recommend that you adjust the height of the holster so there is no material (pants) above the kydex. You can play with the angle at the same time. I have mine adjusted so the top of the kydex follows the lines of my pants.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I carry my G30SF in a High Noon Split Decision with a 15 degree cant,

strong side ( my right ) at the 1600 position. Works for me...

( sorry, never took a pic of where I carry )

4. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Can't carry in Illinois it's bull

5. jimmyalbrecht

Thanks for the help Kodiak! I'll have to try it there later. Right now I have it sitting a little lower than you do with the kydex below the top of my jeans. This is the only way I could get it to conceal wearing only a t-shirt.

6. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

I use the supertuck with my G26 at the 4 o'clock position on my right side. I have it to wear the top edge of the kydex is right at my belt line and the screws are on the second from the bottom on the backing with no cant to it. Mine looks like the pic above.

7. jimmyalbrecht

If I had a G26, it'd be easy to conceal, but with the longer grip I have to be very strategic. I just tried Kodiak's way, and it worked with a collared shirt on, but with just a t-shirt it printed too much for me.

8. captcaveman

captcaveman New Member

kodaik is right on the money with his set-up. I carry my G23 exactly like that in my SuperTuck,other than maybe the cant. Located there, it is as natural as reaching for my wallet. I tried the holster deeper with the kydex below my pants top too, but re-holstering the gun didn’t work very well because my pants would row over the top of the kydex and interfere.

9. jimmyalbrecht

Yeah that's a problem for me, but it is the only way I can conceal with just a t-shirt on. I guess it is just my body. Btw, I love your avatar dude.

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

You can try pushing it a little forward. Move the rear clip forward of that belt loop, then push clip back against it. Tweak from there. With the 23, it can be a little tricky to tweak it to balance between the slide a grip printing. A little of one can eliminate the other. If either side is only sticking out a little, then look at the natural wrinkles/bulges in the shirt to see how it blends with them.

11. jimmyalbrecht

Thanks man. I've found that if I just wear a polo or button-up shirt instead of only a t-shirt it works fine in either of those positions. My fiance is happy I'm dressing nicer, and it conceals my gun better. Win-win? I think so.

12. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

As long as you don't wear something like this, I think you'll be ok

Attached Files:

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

good one.

14. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Eeeeeyewah! HAHAHHAHAHAHA!

15. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Question: The Glock 23 is about the same size as a Glock 21, isn't it? Would this inside-the-pants holster work the same way for my Glock 21, 45 Auto?

16. jimmyalbrecht

Glock 21 is a bit larger. about a 1/2 inch on the slide and a little longer on the grip, and yes you can buy one for your Glock 21. My holster would not fit it very well because the .45 ACP Glocks are a bit fatter.

17. jrco36

jrco36 New Member

i have a comptac mitaure and i carry @4

18. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Great Thread. I just got my Parker Holster today. I have not worn it yet, but will wear to work tomorrow and around the house and while walking the dog and try it out. Seems the 4 O'Clock position is favored. Do you remove it when driving?

image-2162827711.jpg

image-1747726162.jpg

19. jimmyalbrecht

I do. It isn't that it's uncomfortable, it is just hard to get to quickly. I attach it to my seat belt in a simple level 2 Blackhawk! I got from Wal-Mart for $12.

20. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

I carry a 21 in a crossbreed it conceals pretty good.. im gona have to adjust some more, it hits car seat pretty bad with me. but im skinny as he'll haha