when I think of glock I think if her

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trigger252, Jun 1, 2012.

1. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Almost two months ago I lost my little sister (technically she would've been my sister in law next year)....I was riding down a dirt road today on my way home from work and one if those songs came up that just makes the memories flood in, and I began to think of all the times I took that sweet girl hunting and fishing and how I taught her how to shoot handguns with my rugger .22 and .44mag. She was a freshman in highschool and was just at that point where young girls blossom and began to really shine as they figure out who they are....she had just developed a true passion for the outdoors and hunting and just loved to shoot guns with me. I remember she always referred to me as her "hunting buddy". I remember how her eyes lit up when she heard I proposed to her sister and how she often bragged about being my in-law soon. She told her sister that she was lucky to have me bc I was the perfect redneck fiancée. She had a smile and eyes that just seemed as if they were the door to heaven itself. I really mists her country accent that just made you think of sweet tea and turnip greens. I have to admit that I think of her numerous times each and everyday and that the loss of her leaves a heavy hole in my heart....I'm tearing up just writing this but I wanted to vent and dedicate this to her in loving memory. RIP Meagan Anderson....

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

What could one say? Hope your OK? Life comes and goes in a glimmer of an eye....... Treasure the memories friend.

3. bigben

bigben Member

The pain of losing those close to us will never subside. But the memories will help keep them alive in our hearts. Just look at the memories as a blessing. And never forget that it is ok to cry. God bless!!!

4. glockinonheavensdoor

glockinonheavensdoor New Member

Thanks for sharing your memories which are now a part of me. God bless you.

5. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Thank you, it just makes it worse considering....I wasn't gonna include this but it might explain further....she was only 14, and she took her life with a ruger 44mag just like the one I taught her to shoot with....her parents and my fiancée were in the house when she did it....i had just gotten on shift at the pd when I received the call....I clocked out and ran 90 to get there....I showed up in uniform and the county used me to mediate to my family since I'm law enforcement....but that also means I had to observe the scene where it took place (the brain matter and blood)....and sometimes I can't help but imagine that sweet little girl committing suicide and for some reason I even imagine it in slow motion with all the details....it just rips my heart out bc I can't imagine what would push a sweet 14 year old girl to that....I don't bother asking god for the answer why I only ask him for the strength to cope and continue my life without my career suffering (I obviously can't bring that on shift)....I only wish my fiancée wasn't there bc she actually saw everything...

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

..I don't bother asking god for the answer why I only ask him for the strength to cope.

And you will cope with his help!! And as you believe he will give you all the strenghth you need. Believe it.. God Bless, Trigger

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Prayers going out for you and your family. I am so sorry.

8. MrG2286

MrG2286 New Member

Man that is deep...I'm sorry you and your family experienced this.

9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

My thoughts are definitely with you. Hope everything gets better. You know you have family and support here no matter what.

10. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

I appreciate the prayers and condolences....I'm making a competition gun....it would be nice to do something in memory of her....perhaps a stippling job that spells her name out on the grip....our something else....idk...can't really focus enough for ideas at the moment

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

12. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I'm so sorry man. Makes me cry just reading this. I'm sure I speak for all of us, when I say if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. And it's not the appropriate time, but, thank you for you service!!

13. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Man! That makes my heart hurt! Sorry for your loss and for sharing. I don't know what else to say. I am sorry.

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I am at a loss of words for you... My condolences...

15. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I am so sorry for your loss and for your family! I will pray for her soul and for you and your loved ones. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and questions with no answer the deafening silence, pray for her, our Lord is great and he will bring you and your family peace in the midst of pain and suffering. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your service!

16. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Man I know your pain ! We've all lost people , but losing one at such a young age really sucks. Ive lost 4 friends under the age of 25 then 2 more under 30 within 3 years. I sometimes think of them and lose it , but that ok . Theres nothing wrong with that ! You have fond memories of her and NO ONE can take them from you they are yours .

I lost my uncle almost 7 years ago ( more of a dad to me than my dad was ) he use to sing money for nothing from Dire Straights . Everytime I hear it I smile now cause I know he's sending it out to me !!

Keep your chin up man, watch the news ...she is in a better place..

17. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Hey Trigger, please go talk to someone who can give you tools to help cope with this. It's natural and normal. I witnessed my neighbor, a mother of 3, shoot herself in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun on christmas day when I was 12. Growing up i heard of others who committed suicide and a couple were my school friends. Since joining the military, sadly, i've lost friends, coworkers and even subordinates to suicide. Yet i still have the same question... Why? I almost found out why when i went through a rough time in my life; devised a plan, bought a gun, loaded it, was ready to go forward and my phone rang. It was a military Chaplain who had never called me before. He said he heard i was under a lot of stress and wanted to tell me everything was going to be Ok. Not knowing my plan, he proceeded to tell me the Lord works in mysterious ways and talked to me for long time as if he knew what was going to happen. Not sure wha happened that day, but i'm still here. I don't even ask the question anymore... Why people do it. I now know and kow it may or may ot be prevented. All i can do is be positive, try to learn from what i've experienced and influence others. I think it's made me a better person today. Trigger, i know this is just a forum, but i'm certain anyone on here would be willing to talk with you; especially me. Drop me a message if you want to and we'll go from there. I'm sorry for your loss and that you had to experience it. God bless you brother

18. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

This is a great suggestion !!!

19. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

+ 1 great suggestion!

20. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

I appreciate the suggestions and I might consider them....and I believe that nukin could do something....I'm gonna have to run it by him....I already know exactly how I would build a glock in memory of her