Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When new models/releases come out are there gun show presentations such as Apple's Keynote or do they keep things more mysterious?
I love Glocks, however their website is not up do date.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Usually the first time you hear about a new Glock, it's already on store shelves. They'll show off the new models at industry conventions like Shot Show and the NRA Convention, but by then those models have usually already been out for a few months.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
voyager4520 said:
Usually the first time you hear about a new Glock, it's already on store shelves. They'll show off the new models at industry conventions like Shot Show and the NRA Convention, but by then those models have usually already been out for a few months.
Any idea why their website doesn't even show models that came out 1-2 years ago?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Any idea why their website doesn't even show models that came out 1-2 years ago?
Some (too many) companies simply don't put an emphasis on web sites. I know this because I work for a company that WAS like that.

When I started working for this company, the web sites were an after-thought. The marketing people would work on them when they had time. Problem was: They had no time.

When I started working on the web sites there, we had product on the sites that had been obsolete for a couple years, there were lots of new product that was not listed on the site, etc.

The company has now made a commitment to the web by promoting me into a newly-created position of 'webmaster' and the sites are now fresh, new, and up-to-date.

It's quite possible that Glock simply does not have the resources in place to keep the web site up-to-date. Once somebody there wakes up and realizes how much of an asset a great web site can be, perhaps they'll catch up!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OuttaHand said:
Some (too many) companies simply don't put an emphasis on web sites. I know this because I work for a company that WAS like that.

When I started working for this company, the web sites were an after-thought. The marketing people would work on them when they had time. Problem was: They had no time.

When I started working on the web sites there, we had product on the sites that had been obsolete for a couple years, there were lots of new product that was not listed on the site, etc.

The company has now made a commitment to the web by promoting me into a newly-created position of 'webmaster' and the sites are now fresh, new, and up-to-date.

It's quite possible that Glock simply does not have the resources in place to keep the web site up-to-date. Once somebody there wakes up and realizes how much of an asset a great web site can be, perhaps they'll catch up!
It all makes more sense now.

·
1,611 Posts
That's sad. Maybe if we all email them and ask them to update it, they will. After a few thousand emails...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts