Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an abundance of aftermarket parts for Glocks. Every factory part has an aftermarket replacement.

How many aftermarket parts does it take to make a Glock no longer a Glock?

Perhaps you feel a Glock is a Glock no matter how many parts are changed out. As long as it still functions the way it was intended. Or maybe, you feel replacing something as simple as the pins on the frame take away from it being a Glock.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Great question. My opinion is that my Glocks are always Glocks no matter what I change to improve them to my taste. Glocks are unique for that ability.
I agree. You can buy a Mustang or Camaro or whatever. Replace parts on it and it’s still Mustang or Camaro... It’s all on the job it’s doing and what you like. Some people want stock some people like to modify. Great question....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would tend to agree that if it’s got a Glock serial number, it’s a Glock. I get the folks that want to trick stuff out and build a race gun, but you see a lot of stuff out there that doesn’t have a single Glock part on it, and to me, that’s a frankenpistol. A regular burger with an extra slice of wonder bread doesn’t make it a Big Mac.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I would tend to agree that if it’s got a Glock serial number, it’s a Glock. I get the folks that want to trick stuff out and build a race gun, but you see a lot of stuff out there that doesn’t have a single Glock part on it, and to me, that’s a frankenpistol. A regular burger with an extra slice of wonder bread doesn’t make it a Big Mac.
Agreed. If it starts out as a factory
Glock, then you swap parts or whatever it’s a Glock. If you build a a complete gun, like a lower, slide, whatever then it’s not a really... am I right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is an abundance of aftermarket parts for Glocks. Every factory part has an aftermarket replacement.

How many aftermarket parts does it take to make a Glock no longer a Glock?

Perhaps you feel a Glock is a Glock no matter how many parts are changed out. As long as it still functions the way it was intended. Or maybe, you feel replacing something as simple as the pins on the frame take away from it being a Glock.

What do you think?
I own numerous firearms. My 1st and only Glock thus far (not for long, lookin at you 44) is my G40Mos, that I bought specifically to modify.

The MOS variety invite us to add on, not to mention the light rail. Tossing a threaded barrel, improved iron sights to co witness a dot just seems like one of many inferred evolutions of the brand.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,820 Posts
Is an AR-15 not made by Colt or 1950’s era Armalite still an AR-15?
C30F9E7B-BBF2-45DD-A0E4-FCD38F09D13D.gif

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
...actually, sitting here at work, watching SmallArmsSolutions, feeling all Colts should be called M16A1's.
How many times have we seen "AR stands for Armalite, not assault blahblahblah" so feeling most thinking they own an AR....don't.

·
Faithful Member
277 Posts
A Glock is a Glock is a Glock, period. You are you no matter how many knee, or hip replacements etc. you get. And, a Glock is already something else, that's why we love them!!

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
A Glock is a Glock is a Glock, period. You are you no matter how many knee, or hip replacements etc. you get. And, a Glock is already something else, that's why we love them!!
very well said

Reactions: TheKraken
1 - 15 of 15 Posts