whats your thought on the G19 as my first ever hand gun

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jgarcia174, Mar 1, 2012.

1. jgarcia174

jgarcia174 New Member

Hi guys I've done research up the wazoo and I'm considering a g19 as my first gun. What do you guys think?

2. kimo

kimo New Member

That's what I got. Absolutely love it and couldn't be happier.

3. jgarcia174

jgarcia174 New Member

I'm excited. I went to a gun shop an asked to see one an they told me "there sold out" I have to come back in 2 weeks. I checked other places but there $50 dollars more expnsive

4. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

Can't start out with a better pistol!

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Perfect pistol. Its my carry weapon. Love shooting this thing. Just watch what you pay, they are in demand so make sure you aren't getting price gouged. Stay away from big shops. Bass Pro being the main one. They hire idiots at their gun counter that don't know what they're talking about and charge tons more than any gun shop does for every gun I've ever looked at before.

6. larry

larry New Member

Just bought one here in SoCal for $520 (that was $50 off). The store (turners) seems to have ample supply.

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just think of the $50 as a special overnight shipping charge, and go pick it up (j/k) :D

8. Trotac

Trotac New Member

I think that is best choice you ever could of made... Congrats on the new pistol. Now just shoot the heck out of it!!!

9. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Its a great first choice in my opinion!!! Can't go wrong with a 19! Food for thought tho.... 23 and buy the 9mm barrel and the you can shoot .40 or 9mm in the same gun.... just something to think about!

10. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I love mine ( paid $539 for a gen4)

11. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

I love the Glock 19 paid $398 for it brand new! With 3 mags

12. BarrySagittarius

BarrySagittarius New Member

Bought my glock 19 gen3 off a friend a little under a year ago for $300! He shot it at the range once so basically brand new. Just got done putting on some Meprolight night sights. I love it!