whats your shooting stance? :)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by zachG23, May 9, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Mine is kind of like the Weaver but my left foot is slightly forward and both arms are extended,what yours?

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas

3. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Funny you posted this - just recently changed from a modified Weaver to the more popular modern Isosceles stance. IMHO, found the forward drive with the Weaver felt more stable while firing. In fact, it's so new that I find my shoulders wanting to angle (instead of staying square) resorting to old habits. Old dog trying to learn new tricks. ;)

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I shot weaver most of my life. Through work we are taught isosceles. So that is what I shoot now. It makes sense because the modern body armor protects the front and not the sides, I guess.

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Very few people actually shoot in one or the other; most shoot somewhere in between the two. If you haven't been trained and drilled to shoot in a particular stance with an instructor constantly correcting you, and I mean more than the average weekend class, your stance becomes whatever you're comfortable in. Your foot moves a little forward or back or your shoulders are turned a bit more or less. There are endless little varieties of "in between".

6. Augi

Augi New Member

Excuse me but I find the picture highly offensive. This is a Glock forum and that weapon used is obviously NOT a Glock. Let's get it together!

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Weaver, to old to change now.

8. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Modern Isosceles

9. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

+1 hybrid. I start in isosceles then my foot wants to stagger for balance and my shoulder pulls back slightly on my strong eye (right shoulder, right eye).

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

This is my Assault stance:
    [​IMG]

Moving under direct fire stance:
    [​IMG]

Me and a buddy practicing movement techniques
    [​IMG]

11. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

This is me. I normally shoot to the extreme left, standing sideways to the target when I'm shooting a pistol because it reduces exposure to critical mass. I keep the knees slightly bent, but specifics other than that? They probably vary. I have not been formally trained.

12. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Not sure what you'd call it. Unorthodox maybe? Mostly like isosceles but still finding my groove!

13. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Sooooo funny. Is that the modified assault or strait assault stance?:)

14. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Oh that's modified, you can see a casing bounced off my head in the first photo and hit me square between the eyes. Need to work on my grip. I also forgot to give my buddy props in the last photo. He was calling out distance and direction to threats while I was providing covering fire.

15. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Kodiak, that was hilarious!

16. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

image-3792245285.jpg

image-2662327937.jpg

I shoot like that. Those are snapshots from a video while moving. I believe that is modified isosceles?

17. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Tell me what I'm doing wrong? Can't seem to hit ***t!!!

Attached Files:

18. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I first started shooting Pistols we used th Isosceles Stance then we went to the Weaver and then the Modified Weaver which I spent Most of my Formal Training and Teaching. Now most are teaching the modified Isosceles which I am working with and it seems more natural than the Weaver or the Modified Weaver but at times I revert back to the Modified Weaver.

19. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Classic. Well played.

20. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

You need new sights...

[​IMG]