Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've set up my own range, Pistol and shotgun.

Pistol steel

Paper hanger

Shotgun skeet

[ame]http://youtu.be/9gSEKTh6lh4[/ame]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I likey! I am wanting to get me some steel targets rather than paper ... any tips on where to buy steel targets online & also, does ricochet ever become a problem?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I work in a metal shop and most the parts or targets you see are scrap .20 per pound to me.

All my targets (steel) are reactive and angled down. Once in a while I've seen the grass move near me but haven't been hit.

Thank you for the complements. I'm lucky I've got 20 acres to play on and a wife that's ok with my range.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
DaSkunk said:
I work in a metal shop and most the parts or targets you see are scrap .20 per pound to me.

All my targets (steel) are reactive and angled down. Once in a while I've seen the grass move near me but haven't been hit.

Thank you for the complements. I'm lucky I've got 20 acres to play on and a wife that's ok with my range.
You lucky... Lucky... Man

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

I was hoping that everyone would post a pic of there ranges even if it's not really yours.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
My local outdoor range

Attachments

·
Boost Rules
278 Posts
This is looking up range. Longest shot that I have been able to find through the trees from the picnic table is 267yards. Nearest permanent neighbor is over a mile away.

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
shaker223 said:
This is looking up range. Longest shot that I have been able to find through the trees from the picnic table is 267yards. Nearest permanent neighbor is over a mile away.
Amazing!!! What state do you live in??

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very cool ranges. It is nice to see where others shoot. Around here most clubs are just a berm and a table.

·
Boost Rules
278 Posts
I'm jealous, it must be so quiet
Sometimes, not a single car/snowmobile will go down the road the entire weekend!! The only noise most times is our shooting.

Amazing!!! What state do you live in??

This is our cabin in northern Michigan. It's about 4 hours north of the Detroit area. It's a great place and I always hate packing up to head back to reality. My grandfather built it from 1950-1953. He paid $500 for 80 acres.

It has all of the modern conveniences===> oil and wood heat, propane for cooking and lights, bottled water (that we bring in of course), out-house and any tree you want to use as a urinal...etc

Largest problem are the trespassing mushroom hunters in the spring and the occasional breakins. About 8 years ago it got tore up pretty bad. They eventually caught the punks (16,18,21 years). Not much happened to them even after breaking into 25-30 cabins and stealing lots of items. Largest charge was stealing alcohol and transporting it over county lines because it is a state regulated substance. Last year, someone broke the back door's window and stole a 1000w generator we keep up there. Nothing else was touched.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
shaker223 said:
Sometimes, not a single car/snowmobile will go down the road the entire weekend!! The only noise most times is our shooting.

This is our cabin in northern Michigan. It's about 4 hours north of the Detroit area. It's a great place and I always hate packing up to head back to reality. My grandfather built it from 1950-1953. He paid $500 for 80 acres.

It has all of the modern conveniences===> oil and wood heat, propane for cooking and lights, bottled water (that we bring in of course), out-house and any tree you want to use as a urinal...etc

Largest problem are the trespassing mushroom hunters in the spring and the occasional breakins. About 8 years ago it got tore up pretty bad. They eventually caught the punks (16,18,21 years). Not much happened to them even after breaking into 25-30 cabins and stealing lots of items. Largest charge was stealing alcohol and transporting it over county lines because it is a state regulated substance. Last year, someone broke the back door's window and stole a 1000w generator we keep up there. Nothing else was touched.
Sounds great!!' sorry to hear of the break ins people can just be plain ignorant sometimes

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
The Black Rock Desert, Northern Nevada

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts