What's your Range look like?

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by DaSkunk, Apr 22, 2012.

1. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

I've set up my own range, Pistol and shotgun.

Pistol steel

[​IMG]

Paper hanger

[​IMG]

Shotgun skeet

[ame]http://youtu.be/9gSEKTh6lh4[/ame]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. Very cool. I'm jealous. My range is garbage.

4. JeffersonSixx

JeffersonSixx New Member

I likey! I am wanting to get me some steel targets rather than paper ... any tips on where to buy steel targets online & also, does ricochet ever become a problem?

5. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

I work in a metal shop and most the parts or targets you see are scrap .20 per pound to me.

All my targets (steel) are reactive and angled down. Once in a while I've seen the grass move near me but haven't been hit.

Thank you for the complements. I'm lucky I've got 20 acres to play on and a wife that's ok with my range.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. JeffersonSixx

JeffersonSixx New Member

Good info ... slight angle down - thanks for the reply!

7. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

You lucky... Lucky... Man

8. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

Thanks,

I was hoping that everyone would post a pic of there ranges even if it's not really yours.

9. glocknloaded

My local outdoor range

Attached Files:

10. My small yard is filled with grass, a garden, and my shop lol. When I shoot I go to my moms, she has 26 acres

11. shaker223

shaker223 Boost Rules

This is looking up range. Longest shot that I have been able to find through the trees from the picnic table is 267yards. Nearest permanent neighbor is over a mile away.

Attached Files:

12. cybermikeb

cybermikeb New Member

Attached Files:

• 2big.jpg
      2big.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
  13. I'm jealous, it must be so quiet

14. glocknloaded

Amazing!!! What state do you live in??

15. glocknloaded

16. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

Very cool ranges. It is nice to see where others shoot. Around here most clubs are just a berm and a table.

17. shaker223

shaker223 Boost Rules

Sometimes, not a single car/snowmobile will go down the road the entire weekend!! The only noise most times is our shooting.

This is our cabin in northern Michigan. It's about 4 hours north of the Detroit area. It's a great place and I always hate packing up to head back to reality. My grandfather built it from 1950-1953. He paid $500 for 80 acres.

It has all of the modern conveniences===> oil and wood heat, propane for cooking and lights, bottled water (that we bring in of course), out-house and any tree you want to use as a urinal...etc

Largest problem are the trespassing mushroom hunters in the spring and the occasional breakins. About 8 years ago it got tore up pretty bad. They eventually caught the punks (16,18,21 years). Not much happened to them even after breaking into 25-30 cabins and stealing lots of items. Largest charge was stealing alcohol and transporting it over county lines because it is a state regulated substance. Last year, someone broke the back door's window and stole a 1000w generator we keep up there. Nothing else was touched.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  18. glocknloaded

Sounds great!!' sorry to hear of the break ins people can just be plain ignorant sometimes

19. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

No my range but this the one I go to. BrewCity Shooters Milwaukee...

ForumRunner_20120505_082624.jpg

this is My wife Tressa_WI having fun with her new baby.

ForumRunner_20120505_082739.jpg

20. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

The Black Rock Desert, Northern Nevada

Attached Files: