Glock Firearms banner
641 - 660 of 690 Posts

·
Gunslinger
10,294 Posts
Thought this would be the best forum to explore options and get feedback on potential purchases. After recently buying a 357 snubbie for duty as a backup gun, I got to thinking of a revolver for a main EDC gun. I know of all the reasons against such a mindset, including capacity, being the most prevalent. But, I must say, I’m very intrigued with the Chiappa line of revolvers, specifically the 30DS and 40DS. I envision this as a rugged everyday gun that is reliable, accurate and powerful, but the question of capacity remains. Thoughts on carrying a revolver everyday in 2021?
That is something each one of us must decide. Lord willing you will never need to use either. I carried a 38 snub nose for many years and was happy with that. In today's world capacity became the overriding factor for me. I now carry a Glock 27 with an extra mag (G22). I do love my revolvers though, especially the S&Ws. I find the Chiappa revolvers interesting also.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
That is something each one of us must decide. Lord willing you will never need to use either. I carried a 38 snub nose for many years and was happy with that. In today's world capacity became the overriding factor for me. I now carry a Glock 27 with an extra mag (G22). I do love my revolvers though, especially the S&Ws. I find the Chiappa revolvers interesting also.
I know it’s dumb to carry a 5 shot 2.25” .357 mag when I have a Glock subcompact.357 sig with 10 +1, plus whatever back up mag. Usually 13, or 15 rounder. I just like my wheel guns, & I’ll probably never need it.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,747 Posts
Thought this would be the best forum to explore options and get feedback on potential purchases. After recently buying a 357 snubbie for duty as a backup gun, I got to thinking of a revolver for a main EDC gun. I know of all the reasons against such a mindset, including capacity, being the most prevalent. But, I must say, I’m very intrigued with the Chiappa line of revolvers, specifically the 30DS and 40DS. I envision this as a rugged everyday gun that is reliable, accurate and powerful, but the question of capacity remains. Thoughts on carrying a revolver everyday in 2021?
I love revolvers but rarely carry one. The autoloaders are usually more size and weight efficient.
A173A89B-B4FA-4587-A943-497717A5DB3D.jpeg

S&W 625JM & 686+

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Looking at another 1911,after helping a buddy tune his on Independence Day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was looking at high quality pellet pistols the other day. I have a lot of pellet rifles, but no pellet pistols.
I have had a few pellet pistols, but the only one I was ever really happy with was a Crossman that had to be pumped. I do enjoy a nice pellet rifle though. I was looking at the AirForce line of pellet rifles, but I am holding off until I can figure out a convenient way to fill the tanks. A pellet rifle that can take a deer is interesting!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,747 Posts
I’m can dream but really I’m done buying. WA state is doing their own separate registry now. I just don’t like it!
Sounds like Jersey. When they get around to banning something you own, they’ll send a letter saying to surrender it or they’re paying you a visit.

641 - 660 of 690 Posts