Glock Firearms banner
3001 - 3020 of 3045 Posts

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
617 Posts
Sure you could, until they feel like being a-holes to you and charge you with a concealed weapons charge if they want to.
The laws are there for them to use at their discretion. Its up to the officer whether they want to use it against you, or not.
The local law enforcement, for the most part, are average guys like you an me, BUT, when it comes to the state police, use caution.

The younger cops around NYS are usually pretty cocky. (pretty much goes without saying)
Some of the youngsters can`t get out of the patrol unit`s very well because their heads and chests are to big to get out of the open door hole.
i carry this all the time
IMG_0773.JPG

·
Low speed High drag
2,249 Posts
so I cant carry a 4" folding pocket knife in my pocket?
You can. NYS actually has pretty loose knife laws. Now inside the city could be a different story. The knife laws do allow for a broad interpretation by Law Enforcement, but its usually not applied to law abiding citizens unless you wanna be a d#ck then it's a dangerous weapon charge. You gotta give LE a reason to search you or your car so just stay outta trouble and you'll be fiine.I never had a single issue carrying a knife in NY even before joined the PD there.
As for going through NYS with a gun. Put the gun an a locked box with no ammo and put it in your trunk. Then put the ammo in a locked box and then drive through. Just make sure you're passing through NYS! Don't stop to shop or eat...just pass through and you won't have any issues. It is legal to transport a firearm through NYS.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Isn't it wonderful to be in the communist country of New York City!!!! The safest place in the US!!!!! What a crock of ****!!!!!!!!
Its only getting worse. You would think people would wise up to the BS around NY, but nope, still way to much stupid here, and they let them vote.

Not that long ago, i didnt need to carry. Fast forward to today, G43 on my belt, and a G29.4 10mm in my truck. I never leave home unarmed anymore.
I even have a G30s attached to a magnet at my computor desk underneath. And 3 full mags w/+P ammo next to it.

·
1,588 Posts
Its only getting worse. You would think people would wise up to the BS around NY, but nope, still way to much stupid here, and they let them vote.

Not that long ago, i didnt need to carry. Fast forward to today, G43 on my belt, and a G29.4 10mm in my truck. I never leave home unarmed anymore.
I even have a G30s attached to a magnet at my computor desk underneath. And 3 full mags w/+P ammo next to it.
If it what works!!!!!!!

3001 - 3020 of 3045 Posts