Glock Firearms banner

2641 - 2660 of 2835 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
My Glock 43, had to walk a mile in the dark. In the woods. With cougar tracks in the area. The 43 was perfect.
You are a brave man. I would want a bigger caliber and more rounds for woods carry.
Maybe this question is for another thread, but is 9mm enough against cougars?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
You are a brave man. I would want a bigger caliber and more rounds for woods carry.
Maybe this question is for another thread, but is 9mm enough against cougars?
I should clarify a little I guess. Most of the mountain lion encounters I hear about around here, North Idaho, are from hunters just out stalking elk or deer. Within 20 feet if there is a shot fired the curious cat usually almost always will flee hit or not. If I was worried about a sow with Cubs or even an aggressive male bear in an area the caliber choice would be different of course. Bears are mostly hibernating now in my area so no worries there.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,837 Posts
Can't go anywhere but here in my chair I am carrying a G22 loaded with HSTs. Also have 14 extra mags loaded. Think I may be over prepared. LOL.
:eek:When’s the last time there was an Indian raid in your area?!?

·
Gunslinger
9,188 Posts
I have only lived in this area for 10 years. No Indian raids while I have been here. LOL. No BLM/Antifa raids either so far. I hope it stays that way. I will likely never need my guns and ammo. It's like insurance though, you don't need it until you need it.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,837 Posts
I have only lived in this area for 10 years. No Indian raids while I have been here. LOL. No BLM/Antifa raids either so far. I hope it stays that way. I will likely never need my guns and ammo. It's like insurance though, you don't need it until you need it.
Nice rebuttal to Senator Warren.:D
39110C78-309A-4F81-AA5A-13C8C7959C52.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
I still can’t get used to walking into a bank with a gun (concealed) and wearing a mask... and that’s okay... lol

Gotta love it.

2641 - 2660 of 2835 Posts