What's you favorite full sze holsters for CC/OC?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by gunforhire, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I have a custom paddle holster for my G22C. fbi cant and I like it. i will post pics soon, but I wanna know, for us that rock out with our glock out, what's your favorite holster and method of carry?

2. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

For OWB I like my Blackhawk CQC, for IWB I love my crossbreed style holster for my G-22 and 1911 or my SP 101. Carry anywhere from 3:00 to 4:00-ish.

3. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

I have a glock 37 and was wondering also what would be a good IWB? Or would it be better to use an OWB with this size weapon?

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Personal preference and body type determine this. You will need to wear a cover garment with an OWB, but it would be super-comfortable. An IWB may work for you, but it may not. This is a hard question to answer basically.

5. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

I figure its almost impossible to carry my glock around comfortably. I love the glock but its really wide and full sized. Tons of fun to shoot at the range. That is why i purchased my J-frame revolver. Possible going to get another semi auto for concealed. Any suggestions?

6. randyr144

randyr144 New Member

Indy
    @ambeck1, I'd consider a Kahr p series, and i'm trying to find info on the diamond back 9. I know they had issues with their 380 when it first came out but improved on it. As far as the original post, I own a G29 and carry it iwb with a comp-tac mtac. Most comfortable holster i've had. im 5'11 260 and wear it while i'm driving,or 12 hours at a time and sometimes forget i have it on. for a little less money look at Kholster, i've owned a couple of them and they are comfortable too and they have great customer service.

7. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

I use a Fobus while teaching or at the range....simple. On the street, its a Don Hume OWB basic black worn @ 4 o'clock. I have a holster guy at another forum that does tits-up work. Once he jigs up my G17 blue gun and finish's my holster, Ill unleash him onto the masses!!

8. jbusmc1986

jbusmc1986 New Member

NY
    Most anything can be concealed if you get the right setup for your body size/shape, my partner is a very small female who conceals her full size service weapon no problem at all. For me, my body type only really allows me to conceal with a IWB at the 11-1 o'clock positions, hence I carry at 12 o'clock. With my set up you cannot see my weapon even in gym shorts and a t shirt.

Fine choices, I use a minotaur MTAC, which is very similar to the crossbreed, the only reason why i prefer the MTAC is that I have seen people draw their holsters accidentally with the crossbreed under stress.

9. Dezmo

Dezmo New Member

10. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

11. fls348

fls348 New Member

I love my Blackhawk CQC Serpa, but for EDC and wearing OWB holster I still lean towards a simple Fobus. I like the Blackhawk more but the Fobus seems to sit tighter to the body and it's easier for me to hide.

12. I recently bought an Uncle Mike's size 25 open-top Kydex for a Gen 4 Glock 21. Steer clear of this one. It's very difficult to set proper tension. I think the problem is the two flimsy tension setting screws. Once I get tension where I think I want it, it doesn't stay there. Next time I put it on, I'm adjusting again. Going to see if I can get my money back.