What's up with Kel-Tec?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by casey97, Jun 22, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

There have been three separate Kel-Tec firearms I have looked into purchasing. Each has been impossible to find or a used gun marked up ridiculously higher than suggested new retail. Why do they continue making new different guns and advertising their firearms if they do not make them? My latest frustration is the SU 16C.

2. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Kel tec is a horrible company. Period.

3. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Apparently they have been going through some serious management issues which has been putting the company in an unfortunate downward spiral and it appears they are not doing to good at making an effort or struggling to come out of it...

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Firearms are not thier first priority as a business. (I believe they manufacturer other stuff too) Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They are dishonest. And most important I would not trust my life to a kel tec. I am not even sure I feel right about trading the pistol in.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Wow! Who knew? I've had 2 with no problems and I have friends that have em with no problems. I've heard of the problems with the KSG but nothing else. As far as customer service haven't dealt with Keltec but have had nightmares with Mossberg (took a year to get a barrel) and Olympic (receiver broke twice).

6. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Why?

Just wondering if you have a specific example or it's a just a reputation thing.

D

7. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Never mind. I just read your followup. My bad.

D

8. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

My BUG is a P3AT and I have had it for 7 years and have never had a problem with it. I have shot at least 2000 rounds through it. I guess I got lucky.

9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Also, read my prior posts about them. Or check out my youtube video in the prior posts about my PF9. They are terrible.