What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

2. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Not my pic, but a picture of what we had. Garden salad, garlic bread, and Zuppa Toscana. Mmm Mmm Good.
    [​IMG]

Dark Knight and jhg like this.

3. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Smoked sausage. Eat em like hotdogs with mustard and onion. Gonna be a late meal. It's dinner time but neither the wife nor I are hungry yet. I don't get really hungry until the wee hours. LOL.

LostinTexas likes this.
  4. LostinTexas

I'll do the same. I like skillet fried hot dogs with regular franks too. With a beef allergy, LostWife makes meal prep interesting, but we learn.
    At this point, I'm not sure I like beef nearly as much as turkey, for franks or burgers.
    Hot dogs with mustard, onion, and a dill pickle on the side is good eats any day.

jhg likes this.
  5. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I also like skillet fried regular franks. My wife cooks them in the oven, not as good as skillet fried but better than boiled. She cooks the sausage in the oven also, I love them hot off the grill. But alas she is the cook so we do them her way. LOL.

Olga17 and LostinTexas like this.
  6. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

The smoked sausage wasn't very good. I didn't eat much of it. I will probably eat some more during the early morning hours. I will not buy that brand of sausage again. There was some banana pudding left over from yesterday though and I enjoyed that. The wife said she would try to make me some peach cobbler tomorrow. I am hoping that she will feel good tomorrow. Just lately I have developed a taste for something sweet after dinner. Funny how our tastes change sometimes.

Olga17 and Danzig like this.
  7. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

You guys are giving me a stomach ache.

jhg likes this.
  8. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have not been there in a long while but I have a sub shop (not a chain)by the house and their sandwiches are off the hook.my wife is tearing one up right now.for you subway guys I respect your right to eat them but the last time I ate one I threw it in the garbage.there are a few shops I have to travel to but the subs are superior.none of these shops are chain sub joints.

jhg, Danzig and Sparky_D like this.
  9. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Root vegetables upload_2020-12-5_16-15-41.jpeg

jhg, Defendandprotect32 and Danzig like this.
  10. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Of the chains, Jersey Mike’s is the best sub shop. But you can’t beat a good Mom & Pop place!

jhg, Sparky_D and Defendandprotect32 like this.
  11. LostinTexas

A file picture, but it's what's for supper. Pesto chicken with green beans and tomatoes over spaghetti squash. LostWife isn't much of a pesto fan, but will eat this. I use thighs since that is the recipe I have, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

12. Defendandprotect32

I have to admit being a fan of root veges I could dive into that bowl.

Southlake and jhg like this.
  13. Defendandprotect32

Meow,does that look good.I am a pesto and fresh green been fan.

jhg likes this.
  14. Defendandprotect32

Make that bean,there I go again with the spelling.

jhg and Danzig like this.
  15. LostinTexas

LOL, Speel chuck is my biggest anniversary.

The meal turned out very good. At times it is exhausting to cook for LostWife. I do find some good recipe's though.

jhg likes this.
  16. RockL

RockL Member

Bacon wrapped venison tenderloin. From a buck I took a couple weeks ago 20201205_172513.jpg

jhg likes this.
  17. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Beef steak and fried okra. Yes, my favorite....FRRIIIIIIIIIEEEEEDDDD OKRA!

Southlake and jhg like this.
  18. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

BBQ chicken. Wife usually boils potatoes to go with it. Makes a good meal.

LostinTexas likes this.
  19. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Gen 3 G19 Shooter Supporter

Chicken Pad Thai Takeout tonight...

Enough food for 3 days, lol

20201205_180830.jpg

LostinTexas and jhg like this.
  20. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Chicken was ok, not good but ok. I am getting kinda tired of chicken. She did boil potatoes and they were very good. Can't beat a boiled potato cut up with butter, salt and pepper on it. Also had more of wife's green beans (ugh). She must like them a lot, she serves them very often. All in all not a spectacular meal but satisfying.

Southlake likes this.