What's For Dinner...!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Got tired of trtkey. Wife and I made hamburgers for all. Chips and dips. Flan/spice cake for dessert.

jhg likes this.
  2. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Ham, yams and potato salad. It was good. I think I did it justice.

Southlake and LostinTexas like this.

3. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Anyhoo, it is nice to meet a fellow Pie Head. The closest to "out of the box" any of mine are is the pumpkin, I use canned. Someone that can make a pie and more so the crust is rare these days.

jhg and Olga17 like this.
  4. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

5. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Heavy salad and a ham sandwich for my 3:00 AM hungry spells. Night owls have to be prepared. LOL.

Olga17, TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  6. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Honey Baked ham sandwich and chips

7. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

I need to get a honey type spiral cut ham here soon.
    We spruce it up with pineapple and cherries with extra sauce.
    Going to have @ Christmas with another turkey.

Today the 25 pound turkey is officially gone!
    So we put another 15 pounder in the oven and it is now done.
    Will be a late night sandwich for me!

TheKraken and jhg like this.
  8. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Yep, I love me some honey baked ham and turkey sandwiches.

Southlake, Olga17 and jhg like this.
  9. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Well it is almost 4:00 am and I have eaten my salad and half of my ham sandwich. I am saving the other half for just in case. I am eating well and sleeping a goodly amount. I don't know which of those is most important. I know I need both. My problem is I sleep during the day and mostly eat at night. Need to switch those around.

Danzig, TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  10. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I think I finally got my wife the turkey breast she wants. The caregiver picked up and put up my groceries. So I cant be sure, Walmart didn't show it as removed from my order though. Now if can just get her to cook it. LOL.

Olga17, TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  11. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

:)

Olga17, elk creek and jhg like this.
  12. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Caregiver (Maria) made some homemade vegetable soup and cornbread. It was really good. That lady knows how to cook. The wife is getting spoiled having someone to cook for her.

Southlake, Mingo, Olga17 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mingo

Mingo Well-Known Member Supporter

It was chilly today, so I made some hamburger soup. I know.... I actually cooked and gave the hubs the night off. It turned out deliciously, and certainly hit the spot.

Southlake, Danzig, jhg and 2 others like this.
  14. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

Still working on the newly cooked turkey #2!!!

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

16. LostinTexas

Finished up gumbo tonight. Well, sort of. We froze 4 quarts. Probably 4 meals worth, we do love some gumbo.
    Tomorrow, pork chops with avocado salad on top. Think guacamole with cubes instead of mashed. It usually goes with chicken, but LostWife said no more bird for a while.

Southlake and jhg like this.
  17. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I wouldn't know how to begin. Even my wife doesn't make her own crusts. I have to get them at the grocery store. I am sure your pies are delicious.

Southlake likes this.
  18. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Had my wee hour snack tonight at 2:30 AM. Half a ham sandwich and some milk. I like the chopped ham lunch meat. It is cheap but I think it tastes better than the higher priced stuff. Can't beat a ham sandwich and milk to cure the wee hour hungries.

Southlake and TheKraken like this.
  19. LostinTexas

Don't be hard on yourself. Store bought pie crusts are very good these days. Just about to the point of not bothering to make your own. I always liked to cook, and LostWife was never the best in the kitchen. Baking was something I have played with since I almost kilt meself in a wreck. Can't do much, and even cooking can wear me out in a hurry, but I like pie, and the folks who have tried them have either been very polite and kind, or like them too.
    Ya never know till you try.

Danzig, jhg, TheKraken and 1 other person like this.
  20. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I love apple pie and peach cobbler. I especially love blackberry cobbler. If I lived close to you I would ask you to bake me one. I'll bet it would be scrumptious.

Southlake and LostinTexas like this.