Glock Firearms banner

4921 - 4940 of 5895 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I make apple & lemon meringue pies from scratch, I need to broaden my horizon and create some new pies. Wife prefers me to make them. When I do they are the first to go!

The horse organizations we belong to cancelled all events for the year.
All Christmas everything is not this year, I've missed seeing a lot of friends.

My eldest son's work is not requiring anyone to the office until June 2021.
My work says no non-essentials until after March 2021.
Sadly I am essential or I'd get paid for sitting on my arse @ home!!!

Anyhoo, it is nice to meet a fellow Pie Head. The closest to "out of the box" any of mine are is the pumpkin, I use canned. Someone that can make a pie and more so the crust is rare these days.

Reactions: jhg and Olga17

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,267 Posts
Honey Baked ham sandwich and chips
I need to get a honey type spiral cut ham here soon.
We spruce it up with pineapple and cherries with extra sauce.
Going to have @ Christmas with another turkey.

Today the 25 pound turkey is officially gone!
So we put another 15 pounder in the oven and it is now done.
Will be a late night sandwich for me!

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
Well it is almost 4:00 am and I have eaten my salad and half of my ham sandwich. I am saving the other half for just in case. I am eating well and sleeping a goodly amount. I don't know which of those is most important. I know I need both. My problem is I sleep during the day and mostly eat at night. Need to switch those around.

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
I think I finally got my wife the turkey breast she wants. The caregiver picked up and put up my groceries. So I cant be sure, Walmart didn't show it as removed from my order though. Now if can just get her to cook it. LOL.

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
Caregiver (Maria) made some homemade vegetable soup and cornbread. It was really good. That lady knows how to cook. The wife is getting spoiled having someone to cook for her.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Finished up gumbo tonight. Well, sort of. We froze 4 quarts. Probably 4 meals worth, we do love some gumbo.
Tomorrow, pork chops with avocado salad on top. Think guacamole with cubes instead of mashed. It usually goes with chicken, but LostWife said no more bird for a while.

Reactions: Southlake and jhg

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
Anyhoo, it is nice to meet a fellow Pie Head. The closest to "out of the box" any of mine are is the pumpkin, I use canned. Someone that can make a pie and more so the crust is rare these days.
I wouldn't know how to begin. Even my wife doesn't make her own crusts. I have to get them at the grocery store. I am sure your pies are delicious.

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
Had my wee hour snack tonight at 2:30 AM. Half a ham sandwich and some milk. I like the chopped ham lunch meat. It is cheap but I think it tastes better than the higher priced stuff. Can't beat a ham sandwich and milk to cure the wee hour hungries.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wouldn't know how to begin. Even my wife doesn't make her own crusts. I have to get them at the grocery store. I am sure your pies are delicious.
Don't be hard on yourself. Store bought pie crusts are very good these days. Just about to the point of not bothering to make your own. I always liked to cook, and LostWife was never the best in the kitchen. Baking was something I have played with since I almost kilt meself in a wreck. Can't do much, and even cooking can wear me out in a hurry, but I like pie, and the folks who have tried them have either been very polite and kind, or like them too.
Ya never know till you try.

·
Gunslinger
9,272 Posts
Don't be hard on yourself. Store bought pie crusts are very good these days. Just about to the point of not bothering to make your own. I always liked to cook, and LostWife was never the best in the kitchen. Baking was something I have played with since I almost kilt meself in a wreck. Can't do much, and even cooking can wear me out in a hurry, but I like pie, and the folks who have tried them have either been very polite and kind, or like them too.
Ya never know till you try.
I love apple pie and peach cobbler. I especially love blackberry cobbler. If I lived close to you I would ask you to bake me one. I'll bet it would be scrumptious.

4921 - 4940 of 5895 Posts