What would you do?

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by BLCKWLF, Mar 25, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What would you do if someone brought beer (or other alcoholic beverages) to the range? Obviously not an established range, but more likely to occur in the middle of nowhere.

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I love to drink beer, but I don't drink beer when I shoot. It's like drinking and driving, it just should not be done.
    Be Responsible, Shoot Safe!

What would I do?
    If they were a guest of mine, I would politely ask them to hold off until we are done, then party it up with them after everything is shot and put away for the day.

If they were a stranger, I would probably try to convince them to hold off until they are done. If that doesn't work, I would have to leave.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

If it is someone I know that owns the land, tell them to tell them to put it away. If I know the person who brought the alcohol tell them to put it away. If none of these scenarios apply, pack my things up and leave. I'm not going to put myself in danger around someone who is intoxicated with a gun. If it is my land, tell them to put it away or leave.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Either they leave or I do...

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I have the same feeling, however, considering AZ has a zero tolerance on alcohol and firearms, could you bring yourself to report an unsafe shooter, even if they are your friend?

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

My friend(s) wouldn't even think to mix the two...

7. Tape

Tape New Member

leave or go to jail, it is illegal to have a weapon and drink or even go into a place that sells alcohol with a weapon.

8. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Depends on your state. In West Virginia it's legal unless posted. In Florida and Virginia I know it's illegal to carry conceal in any establishment that sells alcohol.

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I would have no issue that I would never shoot with them again if they kept up that behavior. Report them...depends on how bad they get/are getting.

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

In NV, while it is legal to have a BAC of 0.079% OR LESS of alcohol, it is still inadvisable, and never a good idea to begin with.

BAC 0.08% or more is intoxicated while in possession of a firearm. CCW permit suspended for 5 years automatically, and depending on the circumstances, firearm may be forfeited (meaning they'll never get it back). It is the same alcohol level as DUI. Oh, and a DUI conviction (even absent a weapons violation) results in 5 year suspension of CCW permits.

Like Shooter said: either they leave or I do. And on my way out, I will notify the Sheriff's Office and let them deal with it.

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

+1 same here. I love to shoot and I enjoy kickin back and having a couple beers but guns can be very dangerous when the person behind it has the slightest buzz.

12. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

In Iowa it's not illegal to drink in a bar while you carry. You just can't be over the legal limit just the same as driving, drinking driving illegal, shooting drinking illegal. Carry or drive don't be over the legal limit. They told us in my ccw class just leave your weapon in the car if you go in the bar and play it smart! I don't drink so I carry in the bars, it's legal in Iowa. All though if asked to leave by the bar tender I have to or it's tress passing.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012