Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to build my own triggers. I use a stock trigger shoes with a hi polish trigger bar . Then the 3.5 trigger connecter then the reduces spring and soften safety plunger spring . And hi polish to all parts to help movement. Now all my glocks but one are around 3.5 to 4 lbs trigger pull. But one is 2.5 or 3 and I love that feel . I feel it puts me on target faster .

· Registered
287 Posts
My EDC is a stock 26.4 & I have a 17.4 that I bought used with an Apex trigger installed. There is certainly a difference between the two in that the trigger pull on the Apex is lighter, but the break seems a little "spongy". I will likely leave it as is, but I don't foresee me dropping any money on an after market trigger system on any future glocks.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Hi, Brian!
What trigger pull do you prefer? Or do you leave stock?
Personally, I use the Glock OEM '-' trigger connector in all my Glocks.

Additionally, I use the Glock OEM Gen 4 trigger bar assembly with the smooth trigger face in my Gen 3 and Gen 4 pistols... and the Glock OEM Gen 5 trigger bar assembly with the smooth trigger face in my Gen 5 pistols.

I don't use aftermarket parts.

Why?

Please refer to Aftermarket Triggers... ‘Upgrades & Gotchas’...

https://www.glockforum.com/threads/bobs-corner.53851/page-2#post-1429399

But, that's just me.

Modify and experiment as you wish... but please be careful.

Happy shooting!

Best regards,

Bob

· Registered
3,746 Posts
Mine was just a little "gritty" when I first got it, but smoothed out over time and with cleanings after every use... I've seen no need at all to mess with the 5-1/2 lb. trigger pull it came with. I'm sure it's probably less than 5-1/2 lb. now just with use, but I've never actually checked it.

· Super Moderator
58,750 Posts
The stock Gen 3 was ok.
The stock Gen 4 SUCKED.
The stock Gen 5 is good and does not need to be changed.
I prefer either the AA trigger because of it's short reach or the Switch trigger because of it short reach, short reset and wide shoe.
However, if I were on a budget, then the Glock 45 trigger is the best stock Glock trigger I have shot.

· Registered
227 Posts
The stock Gen 3 was ok.
The stock Gen 4 SUCKED.
The stock Gen 5 is good and does not need to be changed.
I prefer either the AA trigger because of it's short reach or the Switch trigger because of it short reach, short reset and wide shoe.
However, if I were on a budget, then the Glock 45 trigger is the best stock Glock trigger I have shot.
I haven’t changed my Glock or my Springfield’s. There was so much acclaim for the new M&P 2.0 trigger and I thought it was terrible! I didn’t like the gun in general and ended up selling it but honestly that was the only stock trigger I would have replaced had I kept the firearm. Of course I only own five firearms in total

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
On glock, I leave factory stock. On my M&P's, I did have the triggers changed out to apex. They're still 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 pounds, but feel much better. Also my M&P's all have 1911-style manual safeties; otherwise I might have left them stock as well.

· Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,087 Posts
I just put a AA trigger W/a 3.5 Ghost connector in my G43, the G26.3 & the G17.3 have stock triggers in them for now. Haven't shot my G43 yet, but I do like the way it dry fires.

Reactions: cazbass

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Rectangle Font Line Material property Automotive lighting
I was a staunch keep it stock guy while law enforcement. I have 2 Glocks that have aftermarket triggers. CMC & TYR triggers. Both of these are only changes to the trigger shoe and safety. They aren't my main carry guns but I have carried on occasion.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
The reason I put on the Tyr trigger was because the factory trigger on the 33 would bother my finger and felt like my fingertip was buzzing for days after a range session. I thought the wider, flatter safety and trigger combo would alleviate the problem. It did not! Trigger feel was a bit crisper but no appreciable reduction in pull weight IMO.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
The CMC I got when they first became available. Like most people buying them I thought it would be like their drop-in AR triggers, which I have several of in my AR-15s. 3.5lb single stage.
I also tend to drag my trigger finger on the bottom inside of the guard and the shelf on the CMC might help.
The CMC comes assembled and was nothing like their rifle triggers. Like the Tyr it cleaned up a little creep and overtravel but not enough to justify the expense. The shelf does seem to keep my finger oriented correctly on the trigger face though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.