Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Nice find EP. It was nice to see the reasons for increased gun ownership presented in a logical manner instead of the fear mongering that one usually sees.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, ma'am. But there is still plenty to fear as the last part of page 2 points out. The article doesn't say this administration is not to be feared. It is just giving statistics over a 10 year period (or so) that gun sales have spiked. This administration — and more-so — who he is likely to appoint to the Court is what we should fear. And not just when it comes to Amendment II. Sorry, I guess I fall into the fear mongering category a little :)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I that we should be very concerned where things are going. It was nice to see that for awhile folks have been taking the 2nd Amendment issues more and more seriously.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Good article. Part of the surge in gun purchases, here in Nevada, before the economic meltdown. was due to the skyrocketing real estate boom in California. People were selling homes they had owned for thirty or forty years, at unbelievable prices, then fleeing California to move to Arizona & Nevada, where housing was still pretty cheap. You could buy a much nicer home here, for half the price. Our population up north almost doubled in 3 years, and gun sales went out of sight, mostly from all that disposable income, and a very user friendly gun culture. I made lot's of new friends, mostly recent immigrants that were previous gun owners, but hadn't really had the mad money to spend on firearms till they moved here. Not a lot of paranoia, or fear buying, just folks that all of sudden had plenty of cash to buy what they'd always wanted. Pretty normal stuff really. Kinda like the Glock board if we all hit the lottery.

Polls don't always ask the right questions, so the results suffer. It would have been nice if they had broken it down to First Time Owners purchasing, vs Prior Owners buying more. Maybe next poll.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GAgal said:
I that we should be very concerned where things are going. It was nice to see that for awhile folks have been taking the 2nd Amendment issues more and more seriously.
I agree, GAgal. Most of the media want us to believe that the majority of the country is against amendment II, when actually the opposite is true.

70s, can't wait to read your comment. I'm swamped right now and on my phone. I'll catch it in a little while. I'm sure it's good.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
That is worth the 5 minutes to read! I wish that would make all the local news stations for the evening news. Gives a good positive news flash about gun ownership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts