What the hell. Proud New Owner

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PUNISHER, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Well after doing some thinking I decided to go ahead and make a purchase. I wasn't going to make a thread about it until I have been to the range with it but what the hell.
    I just got home with my brand new Gen4 G23.

[​IMG]

They made me a nice deal I think so I went ahead and got it. Bad boy feels good. Looks good. I'm happy with it. I was trying to get a hold of Cabelas all last week about a Sig P229. They said they were going to have to order it. 4 phone calls I made to them and they couldn't even get me a freaking price. This morning I get a call saying Mr. XXX your P229 is here for pick up. I'm like ***, oh ok, well how much is it? Guy told me $950. Thought about it for a hour. I was like screw that I'm going to get my Glock.
    So here she is.
    She did come with 3 mags but the third one is behind me in the pic loaded.
    I may go ahead and get the P229 later on this year but its hard to say. For that price I would like to get my first AR.
    Thanks to everyone for you help and input. You guys are the reason I went through with it. Thanks a lot.
    I'm Happy

2. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

Glad your happy with it, great gun!

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

AR's are fun! Sig's are nice! Either way, you win! Congrats on the new purchase.

5. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

I believe you purchased a better gun than the sig.

6. AxeMan

AxeMan New Member

i havent bought or own a Sig since the sell off. i think it 2004 when they started using cheap parts. over priced now and are not the same that made them famous. i have switched to all my carry options being Glocks. i have carried them in various ways in different parts of the world and never had one problem. bad ammo is the only issue i ever came across. good choice on the 23, its my primary CC.

7. Thanks
    Yeah she feels good. I know that.

Thanks. I had a chance to shoot the P229 against a Gen3 G23. The Sig shot a lot better. I have never shot a Gen 4 G23 so i not sure how it shoots. Regardless the Gen3 was shoot good enough for me to like it. So I figure the Gen4 will be just as good or maybe better. As long as there isnt any issues ill be happy.