What made you guys buy a glock over other guns

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by glock19o12, Apr 7, 2012.

1. glock19o12

glock19o12 New Member

Me it was cause of two things, my brother in law has let me shoot his glock and I'm going into law enforcement. I carry mine every where. Dont trust no one

cazbass likes this.
  2. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

Reliability and simple to use. No levers or safetys to worry about in in a high stress situation

3. glock19o12

glock19o12 New Member

Very true and amazing benefits there

4. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Definitely the reliability, my wife can handle the 19 no problem and I got the 23 to carry while on the road. Also the easy trigger safety helps in a stressful situation and once you get the feel of the trigger and it is engrained in your memory there's very little room for error. With almost 30 years of good reputable service you can't go wrong with a Glock!

5. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

I was electrocuted and burned my hand up pretty good. The glock grip felt right

ForumRunner_20120407_210559.jpg

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

How reliable and durable they are even after taking a beating and also all the customizations you can do to them.

7. DrDoLittle

DrDoLittle New Member

It comes apart in to exactly 4 pieces. I can count that high just about all the time.
    And if it's good enough for The good guys it's good enough for me

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Reputation of demonstrated reliability and accuracy.

Reputation of demonstrated ease of function, maintenance, and a plethora of aftermarket support.

Price. Brand New In Box G26 Gen3 $275. Other than factory test fire, never been fired before.

Price. Gently used (less than 500 rounds) Like New In Box G30 Gen3 $400. Purchased from a friend who sorely needed the money.

Cheers! :D

9. Can you buy me 5 of the G26. I've never seen any new Glock under 300 or even 400!!!

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum glock19o12 !!

11. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

It also helps that it's a scary looking gun, some say it's ugly but I think there would be nothing more intimidating than having a big black gun that's blocky and almost all barrel pointed in the bad guys direction....IMHO

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Reliability & durability...

13. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

+1 me either

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Guy at the LGS where a bought it (a big-box sports outfitters) had apparently marked the price tag wrong, which is what caught my attention.

I was thinking, "OK, whats wrong with this thing?"...had the counter guy take it out of the display case, asked him what was wrong with it (nothing, brand new, he said), what does it come with (everything, he said, lock, case, 3 mags, manual, brush)...so after fondling it for a minute or two, settling in my mind (there's gotta be a catch, why is it so cheap?!), decided to buy it. Then the guy looks at the tag, says the price was marked wrong. Fortunately for me, we have a price tag law in NV. So now I have a G26! :D

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Oh, and Hello, Glock19o12, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Please post a *Hi There* in the Introductions section and tell everyone a little about you and your Glocks.

Cheers!

Vtfire likes this.
  16. Tape

Tape New Member

Reliability and Hi-cap

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That's why i bought mine. Plus every since they came out I just liked the way they look :)

18. theblakester

theblakester New Member

Reputation for reliability, accuracy, durability, simplicity, low maintenance, available aftermarket parts/accessories/holsters/upgrades, interchangeable parts all at a good price.

19. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Recommendation from a friend who knows a lot more about firearms than me.

20. Respectfully, someone with *any* firearm pointed at them might find that particular firearm just a little bit intimidating and scary.