Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, I was at a local outdoor shooting range and overheard some guys talking about their Glocks. So I went down and bought two the next day, a G21 SF (gen 3) and a G22 (gen 4)! I was amazed at the simplicity and accuracy of these Glocks "I'm Hooked" I plan on purchasing many more in the near furture, any recommendations anyone?

·
515 Posts
well for me it was a show on the military channel
they where going over hand guns,and how they've come along in years.
the guy from "Full metal jacket" was doing the show.
they talked about the glocks,and that got me started.
then we had some baby skunks in the yard,and I was looking up what was needed to get them out,and I was looking at getting a pellet gun,then the wife was looking over my shoulder and saw what I was doing and said.."he lets get hand guns",so then I looked up glocks,read on here and watched a lot of you tube videos.
went to a few gun shops in my town,and finally settled on us getting glock 23's.

sorry for the long post.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Shot a friends G30...couldn't wait for the gun shop to open the next day !!

Walked out with a Blue Label G30SF...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I literally found my first Glock (a 19) in a ditch. After a year in the evidence room, multiple stolen checks, and one BATFE trace, it became mine.

It was just going to be a range gun. But the more I shot it the better I liked it. Then I swapped my S&W 4006 and some mags for another 19 and some mags. I'm really getting into it (Glocks) now. I attend their armorers class, (1 of several). Even more cool.

Then my Dept starts letting us carry our own Glocks. I'm in hog heaven then.

My wife and I are practicing for our qualifications that is coming up. She is still using the city's 4046. But she is having a severer bout of tendentious in her strong arm. She can't even hold that Smith up for long. I handed her one of my 19's and asked her to try it.

Man did she love it. Not only was she able to shoot it, but scored better than she ever had. After that the only time I got that gun back was to clean it.:p:D:D

We've been a Glock family ever since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was always a 1911 guy, until a guy made me an offer on a g19 that I couldnt walk away from. The rest is history as they say. I now have 2 glocks. I also still love 1911's ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Two of my friends own a G22 and G23 and are "gun guys". I bought a G23 and probably have more rounds thru it than the two of them combined. No problems yet other than occasional brass to the forehead (G4)?

·
109 Posts
Owning a firearm was new to me. I knew nothing about guns (like seriously, not a clue). So I wanted something that was dependable and easy to learn from. And I always LOVED the way a Glock looked; clean, smooth, sexy. But I didn't want to make a rash decision so I looked at other guns for a really really long time. So in the end (last month), or should I say the beginning cause now I want another one lol, I got a Glock 23 Gen4 because I knew it will be a good choice for this beginner. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wanted to purchase a Glock after some thorough research. Reliability, longevity, accuracy, weight, and engineering were all of my concerns. So I started with what law enforcement carry. Glock... Step one complete. I looked up what polygonal rifling was and compared the difference between standard rifling. Then I started asking why do law enforcement carry Glock? Well in short besides all of the above reasons, there was NO external safety. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of not having to remember to switch "off" a manual safety. Being a new first gun owner (G17) I didn't want to have remember a lot of things to do before I pulled a trigger in a self defense situation. (I planned on getting my permit) after reading and hearing about others in the complications of cleaning a gun with traditional rifling, I'm very satisfied with my polygonal rifling that's easier to clean and lasts longer.
I've purchased my 17 after all these things were considered, thought about, reviewed, and then finally fired one. That first nervous as hell feeling loading rounds into a gun I've never shot before will never be forgotten, but the satisfactory feeling of making the right purchase will be with me for a long time. After the 17 I had to get another Glock, this time a 27. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Gr8Glocks said:
For me, I was at a local outdoor shooting range and overheard some guys talking about their Glocks. So I went down and bought two the next day, a G21 SF (gen 3) and a G22 (gen 4)! I was amazed at the simplicity and accuracy of these Glocks "I'm Hooked" I plan on purchasing many more in the near furture, any recommendations anyone?
I shot a friend's 17 and was hooked.

Models 30 & 21 are my favorites. I carry the 30 every day and won the GSSF Amateur Civilian C Class with the 30 even. My prize was my 21C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts