what laser to get for my glock 17?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by techgov8, Apr 4, 2012.

1. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

So I'm going tomorrow to buy a laser cause I'm heading outta town with my buddy to shoot at his cabin. I've been looking between the crimson trace and viridian green laser. Which one should I get? They are both right around the same price at the gun store by my house. Just looking for something to mainly use inside anyways. It wont really get used outside at all except for tomorrow for a little while just to play with it.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum techgov8 !!

Me...I would get the viridian green, if they are the same price.

Why...because I already have red lasers. Green would be cool...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

3. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I use crimson trace laser gripes and really like it... I like the pressure pad on grip makes laser intuitive and not fumbling on levers....

4. kj4963

kj4963 Active Member

I have not used either of those, but I have a Lasermax guide rod Laser, and I cannot recommend it!

5. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

Yea I was all about the lasermax for a while and then I heard a lot of bad reviews. Is the crimson trace fairly easy to dial in and make accurate?

6. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I would go with viridian green hands down, I have crimson trace on my 23 only because it was $100 less. I really want one of those viridians tho.

7. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

I had a crimson trace on my g23 gen 4 and shot a couple hundred rounds through it and decided I didn't like lasers. I seemed to spend more time looking for the dot than I did shooting. For indoors only I guess it would be ok. For outdoor use I didn't like it. I traded for some good night sights and just aim now. Just my .02 worth

8. Can you please elaborate on why you can not recommend it? Cause I have read some very good reviews on it and all so found out that military and leo carry them on their guns.

http://www.lasermax.com/products/guiderodlasers.aspx
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/lasermax-guide-rod-lasers-review/
    http://www.topglock.com/reviews/5112__Lasermax_Sights__Lasers_LSRMX_LMS-1141P____GLOCK_.aspx

I am thinking about getting one for my G21 cause the laser/light combo that attaches to the rail is just to bulky for me. I would shop around tho cause some places charge over $300 while others charge under $300. http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/LaserMax-Glock-20-21-FGR-Laser-LMS-1151PFGR_p_7547.html

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes take to range test then dial in with included hex... Very easy...

10. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I actually ordered the viridian glk off Amazon for 200. I can always return it so it should be here today and I'm gonna try it out.

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just for info. G21 with the new CT railgard. Very petite, fits great, very non obtrusive. Easy to holster.

ForumRunner_20120407_083233.jpg

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Sorry, it is not a railgard, it is a Railmaster!

13. Tape

Tape New Member

get green, cannot see red when it is bright outside

14. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

That is why I got rid of the crimson trace cause I couldn't see it In the daylight. I spent to much time looking for the red dot that I would be dead before I found the red dot. Night sights for me.

15. I love my Viridian. I have the C5L in case I ever want to hang it off of a 19. But if you know it's for your 17 only, Viridian makes others, with more powerful light/lumens in the other models

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012