What is yalls thought on tul ammo

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockin27gen4, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

I have been wanting to try .40 cal tul ammo in my glock 27, because it is cheap for target practice, I dont know if its good or bad any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

2. not my first choice but it works and i have ran a few w/o issue.

3. Have you tried the "Brown Bear FMJ"?

4. Nope but I've heard of it. Never personally seen any in stores.

5. Me either, I'm thinking of picking up a box and seeing how it cycles.

6. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

I Had a guy at a local gun shop tell me that it will wear your barrel down because it is steel bullets coated in copper and the layer of copper is thin so you basically get steel on steel, but the guy at the gun shop isn't the brightest guy in the world and he really just wants you to buy his favorite ammo

7. He's clueless. Next time he brings this up inform him that the Glock barrel and extractor are made from hardened steel, the ammunition is not. Therefore the ammunition, even if it was steel on steel which I doubt, can not cause any form of wear on the gun.

8. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

That's what i thought, the guy is a douche and just put that thought in my head but im going to buy wal mart out in it, they have it for 12.00 a box can't beat that price

9. Cheapest thing our's has is the Winchester White Box, 100rns for $25. Not bad, but for target practice if the super cheap shoots fine I'm all over it

10. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

Ours has that too but its $32.00 might have to do some price matching what city is that in, mine Is in long beach ms

11. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I was at Wal-Mart earlier today and thought about buying a couple of boxes myself, I read the box and discovered it was made in Russia.
    I decided to buy the Federal ammo and spend a little more and keep American money in America.
    I understand that ain't always possible, Austria, but when I can, I do.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Gun Show...PANGA

Gun show tomorrow and Sunday ( 1/28 & 1/29/12 ) at the PA National Guard Armory in NE Philly...I'll let you all know what bargains I find there...

13. Bowling Green, Missouri. Few months ago it was 19.99 at the store in Hannibal, Missouri. I bought ten boxes.

14. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

And that's for .40 or 9mm

15. In my case it's for 9MM. I haven't shot the 27 in forever.

16. iguana0983

iguana0983 New Member

I'm from ocean springs,ms and the tul ammo .40 goes for $12.97 a box. I find it reliable and affordable for at the range. $25.94 to $32.00 for 100 rounds is a big difference.

17. That's the price I pay at every Wal-Mart around me in the upstate of SC (12.97). I've had 0 issues with it other than it being just a tad bit dirtier than the cheap Federal and Winchester white box.

18. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

Yea thats the same as gulfport and long beach and d iberville im fixen to go pick up a few boxes now and try it out at the range

19. ZOMBIESLAYER

ZOMBIESLAYER New Member

The range I go to had ammo, I believe its American Eagle. The stuff runs great and its under 30 bucks for 50 rounds. Check it out.