What is the purpose of the beavertail grips?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Roguebooger, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

2. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

3. shaehawkins

shaehawkins New Member

I only keep the mag extender on it if I have it in a owb for some reason anymore really the factory mag as it is is easier to conceal carry imo. Shooting with or without it doesn’t really bother me much I take both mags when I go to the range I like em both.

4. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

This is my setup[​IMG]

Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

6. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

This is my 30s set up[​IMG]

Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Like that one also

8. Dark Knight

I thought the beaver tail grips was so 1911 boys could shoot a real gun ? Come on someone had to bring it up.

9. Dark Knight

Now the discussion and debate starts lol

10. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

Do they make a beavertail grip for the 30s if so where can I find one

11. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

Do they make a beaver tail for the g30s if so where can I find one

12. shaehawkins

shaehawkins New Member

Welp just got back from the range with my G27 I put the little beaver tail grip on and holding it in your hand feels better no doubt but I wouldn’t say it makes anyone more or less accurate at shooting my G27 .40 has a good amount of kick and it didn’t make it easier to shoot or anything I could notice. It’s really just a personal thing I’ll probably keep it on just cause I like how it feels in the hand but it’s not gonna make you more accurate I guess it’ll help prevent slide bite but I’ve never gotten close to having that problem even without the beaver tail. Hope this helps anyone.

Jason75 likes this.
  13. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

Yes. Grip Force adapter. Not exactly same as Gen 4 covering the entire grip. Don’t believe it’s 30S specific. My box claims Gen 1 through Gen 4.

Jason75 likes this.
  14. Jamie6482

Jamie6482 New Member

Thanks I seen them don't like them I rather shoot it without it they don't do good on the 30s I wonder if I came by the Gen 4 30 frame and put that 30s slide on it

Jason75 likes this.
  15. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

I’ve done that. Works just fine. Eventually I’ll buy a Gen 4 frame.

Jason75 likes this.
  16. Dargun

Dargun Active Member

My son (40) years old and myself, went to the local range a few months back. I was giving him all my years of very expert opinions and insight on shooting, then proceded to darn near slice my thumb off with my wonderful slide. Very humbling indeed.

Jason75 and Dark Knight like this.
  17. GaryWWhite

GaryWWhite Member

I was watching some videos on Robert Vogel and he showed his grip on his Glock sans the beavertail grip. He remarked how he sometimes gets bit but noted that the way he can get the web of his hand way up high on the pistol is part of controllability with the gun. I have the beavertail on my G17 because I don't like to get bit! Just sayin'!

Jason75 likes this.
  18. Dtacshooter

Dtacshooter New Member

Contrary to what others are saying that the beaver tail makes you able to grip higher on the gun..nope.
    It actually forces you to grip slightly lower so you don’t get slide bite.
    I don’t use them because my draw technique is to grip high on the back of the slide, then slide the web of my hand down on the grip.
    This way I’m assured the highest grip possible. I do get slide bit every now and then but not too bad.