Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if Glock took a 10mm case and necked it down to .357? It could be a .357 Glock since it would have the longer 10mm case instead of the necked down 40 S&W case used on the .357 Sig. Thoughts?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
What if Glock took a 10mm case and necked it down to .357? It could be a .357 Glock since it would have the longer 10mm case instead of the necked down 40 S&W case used on the .357 Sig. Thoughts?
The .357 Sig mimics the .357 mag quite well. I can only imagine the ballistics on a 10mm necked down to .357. But then again the 10mm has amazing ballistics so why mess with it?

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but it sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Just my thought on it anyhow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What if...

A buzzard had a pickle up its rear, would there still be music?!?

(sorry, military humor and I couldn't resist. The result of spending two months of my life with a Master Chief Petty Officer under his direct supervision)

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Little Brother to "The .50 Fat Mac"

Attachments

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Mostly guys that get stuck in bottleneck traffic jams on the way to work.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
So you'd have a .357 Super Sig, LOL. Should have awesome ballistics, probably like the 357 Max and you could use it in a semi auto. I just wonder what kind of velocity you could get out of a 125gr JHP out of something like that. Bet it be a real terror on Coyotes out to 75 yards or so from a 6" barrel G20 conversion.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It is called the 9x25 Dillon. There is a ton of info and youtube videos about it. The 9x25 Dillon is to 10mm what the .357 Sig is to the 40 S&W. Several videos I have seen show chronograph speeds of 1,700+ some much higher. Hornady advertises a 9x25 in 90 grain at 2050 feet per second. Lone Wolf produces a 10-9x25 conversion barrel for the 10mm. The 9x25 Dillon still uses the standard Glock 10mm magazines and only needs a barrel swap to run.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
*spews water...

What the heck is that??? That's real?!?!
Yes, they kinda screwed themselves. Only was going to be available to military because it would penetrate body armor. Not enough military interest so it's been dying a lingering death.

On a side note. When FN introduced the 5.7 it was only going to be available to military and police. Because it sailed through body armor. There was concerns by certain LE groups. FN reassured those groups that they had nothing to fear. You see what happened there.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
It is called the 9x25 Dillon. Lone Wolf produces a 10-9x25 conversion barrel for the 10mm. The 9x25 Dillon still uses the standard Glock 10mm magazines and only needs a barrel swap to run.
Ahh, so that's what the 9x25mm is. I thought it was kin to the 38Super/356TSW/9x23mm but it's parent cartridge is actually the 10mmAuto, wow, now that sounds like a barrel to get for a G20. ;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Who the heck comes up with these???
People with way too much time on their hands and a very strange imagination.

Some of those make me think "what if we dropped Viper's V10 in Ford Focus"? :rolleyes:

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
jonm61 said:
People with way too much time on their hands and a very strange imagination.

Some of those make me think "what if we dropped Viper's V10 in Ford Focus"? :rolleyes:
I knew some guy who dropped a zr1 engine into hes colorado. It was a beast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.