Glock Forum banner
4721 - 4740 of 4819 Posts

· Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Ha, once again I've beaten you to the punch ! I contacted GreyW under the ruse that Im a quality control officer for Eley ! He agreed to ship the ammo to me for testing as it could be defective! I agreed to send him back the empties so he can reload them! I also sold him a set of .22 rimfire dies and reloading data and instructions ! For the low price of $9.99 + postage and handling! They are coming express from the Dominion Republic
Ohhhhhhh you ratbasterd!:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
802 Posts
Jumped in on Midway USA clearance and free shipping this weekend.
A new IWB holster for the Sig 320, Cold Steel knife, a Kriss AR grip, 2 pairs of pants.
View attachment 277131
Sweet purchase, i carry my Cold Steel Large Voyager Tanto. They hold up well. Be Careful, they easilly identify as guns and you will end up buying another , then another... etc..

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Sweet purchase, i carry my Cold Steel Large Voyager Tanto. They hold up well. Be Careful, they easilly identify as guns and you will end up buying another , then another... etc..
I started carrying Cold Steels in the 1990’s. Voyager Tantos were my duty knife of choice for ages. I have a bunch of Cold Steels.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
View attachment 279918
View attachment 279917
My wife brought back a vest for me. She and the kids went to the NFR in Vegas. Says it’s a conceal carry vest has a pocket on each side with mag carry pouch too. I think I’ll have to try it out.
I use the mag holders on my raw denim vest. I’ve never tried the elastic gun holder though. Love the vest!!

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
Whilst the Wife was horse trading today at our gun guys ! I took the opportunity to pick up a heap of cleaning gear (patches, Sweets 7.62 solvent and Hoppes #9 ) Also picked up 8 lbs of both ADI 2206H and ADI 8208!

· Registered
2 Posts
CZ457 varmint precision chassis 22lr
Atlas PSR Bipod
DIP Executive bolt knob
DIP 25moa pic rail
Athlon midas tac 6-24x50
Burris XTR Signature rings
Luth AR Chubby grip
Magpul PSR Gen3 stock
Anarchy Outdoors extended mag release
Anarchy Outdoors mag extensions x6
CZ 10rnd mags x6

DTI AR15
Athlon Helos BTR Gen 3 2-12x42
Atlas CAL Gen2 bipod
Luth AR MBA stock

Taurus GX4
Taurus 13rnd mags x2
On Your 6 Designs IWB holster

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
CZ457 varmint precision chassis 22lr
Atlas PSR Bipod
DIP Executive bolt knob
DIP 25moa pic rail
Athlon midas tac 6-24x50
Luth AR Chubby grip
Magpul PSR Gen3 stock
Anarchy Outdoors extended mag release
Anarchy Outdoors mag extensions x6
CZ 10rnd mags x6

DTI AR15
Athlon Helos BTR Gen 3 2-12x42
Atlas CAL Gen2 bipod
Luth AR MBA stock

Taurus GX4
Taurus 13rnd mags x2
On Your 6 Designs IWB holster
Looks like someone took advantage of Black Friday!

· Premium Member
2,052 Posts
I didnt buy anything but here is a 1963 savage 24J-DL rifle/shotgun combination gun in 22 mag over 20 ga that i just got done semi restoring for a buddy, he got it from a friend of his that took it in on some trading and he didnt want it. Had the wrong stock on it, it was cracked and split with electrical tape wound around it and the receiver and had the wrong length stock bolt with about 7 or 8 multiple sized nuts as spacers. The stock bolt threads were pretty rough on the receiver, barrel had some places where the bluing was worn down and it needed a good cleaning. Got it all disassembled and started off by cleaning the receiver and barrel in a parts washer at work. The receiver was originally threaded for a 1/4-28 stock bolt but the threads were on the verge of being stripped so i ran a 1/4-20 tap through it and cleaned them up pretty good. Both bores on the barrel appeared to be in good shape just dirty, cleaned them with hoppes #9 and a copper brush followed by patches until they were clean. Both barrels are shiny and riffling in the 22 mag bore looked really good for the gun being made in 1963. The ejector for the 22 mag and 20 ga were a little sticky so i took them apart and cleaned to get them free’d up like butter. Once i got both bores clean i stripped off all the bluing and cold blued the barrel using birchwood casey cold blue then soaked it with gun oil for about 10 days. It was my first time ever cold bluing and pretty happy with my first time, there are some streaks you can see in the right light but not too noticeable. I cleaned the receiver and internals and used some silver enamel to touch up a few marks that were noticeable. I found him a new boyds stock for the savage model 24 on ebay and ordered it wondering how well it would fit. When i got the stock in i did have to do some fitting to match it up the best i could with the receiver, it doesnt fit 100% perfect with the receiver but i think it mates up to it pretty well. The boyd stock was already finished but the fore end didnt match at all, it was too dark and more red than the brown boyd stock, i sanded quite a bit on the fore end as much as i wanted to try and lighten the color. I initially put 5 coats of wipe on poly in clear satin on the fore end. Then i moved onto the stock, i had to stain the receiver end of the stock were i had sanded through the finish for fitting, i had some minwax oak colored stain that matched up pretty well, one the end was stained i put 4 coats of wipe on poly on the stock and my plan was to have been done, but once it dried the stock was still noticeably lighter than the fore end, so i mixed some of the oak colored stain with the wipe on poly and put two coats on the stock and one on the fore end. After it set for 24 hours the stock needed to be lightened up slightly to
atch the fore end. Once i got the colors pretty close i applied 2 more coats of the wipe on poly without the stain. After allowing about 4 days for the stock and fore end to cure i finally got it assembled back together. he was pretty happy with the end result.

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Machine Font

Wood Writing implement Office supplies Tints and shades Metal

Office supplies Wood Writing implement Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Wood Tints and shades Shotgun Door Metal

Wood Gun accessory Tool Fashion accessory Metal

Wood Everyday carry Knife Hunting knife Blade

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
I didnt buy anything but here is a 1963 savage 24J-DL rifle/shotgun combination gun in 22 mag over 20 ga that i just got done semi restoring for a buddy, he got it from a friend of his that took it in on some trading and he didnt want it. Had the wrong stock on it, it was cracked and split with electrical tape wound around it and the receiver and had the wrong length stock bolt with about 7 or 8 multiple sized nuts as spacers. The stock bolt threads were pretty rough on the receiver, barrel had some places where the bluing was worn down and it needed a good cleaning. Got it all disassembled and started off by cleaning the receiver and barrel in a parts washer at work. The receiver was originally threaded for a 1/4-28 stock bolt but the threads were on the verge of being stripped so i ran a 1/4-20 tap through it and cleaned them up pretty good. Both bores on the barrel appeared to be in good shape just dirty, cleaned them with hoppes #9 and a copper brush followed by patches until they were clean. Both barrels are shiny and riffling in the 22 mag bore looked really good for the gun being made in 1963. The ejector for the 22 mag and 20 ga were a little sticky so i took them apart and cleaned to get them free’d up like butter. Once i got both bores clean i stripped off all the bluing and cold blued the barrel using birchwood casey cold blue then soaked it with gun oil for about 10 days. It was my first time ever cold bluing and pretty happy with my first time, there are some streaks you can see in the right light but not too noticeable. I cleaned the receiver and internals and used some silver enamel to touch up a few marks that were noticeable. I found him a new boyds stock for the savage model 24 on ebay and ordered it wondering how well it would fit. When i got the stock in i did have to do some fitting to match it up the best i could with the receiver, it doesnt fit 100% perfect with the receiver but i think it mates up to it pretty well. The boyd stock was already finished but the fore end didnt match at all, it was too dark and more red than the brown boyd stock, i sanded quite a bit on the fore end as much as i wanted to try and lighten the color. I initially put 5 coats of wipe on poly in clear satin on the fore end. Then i moved onto the stock, i had to stain the receiver end of the stock were i had sanded through the finish for fitting, i had some minwax oak colored stain that matched up pretty well, one the end was stained i put 4 coats of wipe on poly on the stock and my plan was to have been done, but once it dried the stock was still noticeably lighter than the fore end, so i mixed some of the oak colored stain with the wipe on poly and put two coats on the stock and one on the fore end. After it set for 24 hours the stock needed to be lightened up slightly to
atch the fore end. Once i got the colors pretty close i applied 2 more coats of the wipe on poly without the stain. After allowing about 4 days for the stock and fore end to cure i finally got it assembled back together. he was pretty happy with the end result.

View attachment 280069

View attachment 280064

View attachment 280068

View attachment 280065

View attachment 280067

View attachment 280066
Mate!!!!!! That is outstanding ! You've done yourself proud ! Beautiful work !

· Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Decided to change the look up a little on my winchester model 1300 20 ga. It was my first shotgun and ive had it for about 17 years. Shot quite a few rounds through it especially when i was younger and in a 4H sporting clay club, i shot it so much that one of the lugs on the pump action broke and had to get one from winchester. But after i got a little older i got out of the 4H sporting clay club and didnt really shoot much clays for 3 or 4 years when i was in high school. A year or so after i graduated i started shooting clays again and shoot it a few times per year doing a 100 round clay course and i really enjoy shooting it, not enough to be said about something as simplistic as a pump shotgun. Anyway it had the factory wood stock and fore end, which was ok but i think it was birch wood with a glossy finish which had a nice look to it but was too slick and if your hands were sweaty it didnt handle well. I got to looking online and a lot of parts are no longer available and most if any aftermarket parts are discontinued. I looked on a few gun parts websites and they had a synthetic camo stock and fore end listed, one place had the stock and another had the fore end. I think the stock was $90 and the fore end was $40. So would have been $130 for the set. I stumbled upon a wood kit on gunbroker but wouldnt fit my particular 1300 as it has the long action bar. Some had a short and some had a long. So just browsing on ebay i found the same seller that was on gunbroker but instead of just the wood stock and short action fore end they had a brand new never installed oem winchester 1300 synthetic mossy oak shadow grass camo stock and long action fore end. The seller wanted $100 free shipping so i messaged them and asked if they would do $65 and my original stock/fore end. After i sent a few pictures of how good shape the original furniture was in and they agreed! Also threw in a free camo sling swivel magazine cap as well! Got the stock and fore end in and they fit perfect. The camo sling swivel magazine cap didnt match very well with the stock and fore end as it was a different mossy oak pattern. So i had to improvise, i look the sling stud out of the camo cap, ground down the stud and drilled and tapped the sling eyelet for a 10-32 screw. i drilled a hole just slightly larger than the 10-32 screw in my original magazine cap. I got a stainless button cap screw along with a stainless washer and a nylon washer, inserted the screw and washer from the backside and slid the nylon washer on the outside, i applied some loc tite on the threads and then screwed the sling eyelet on hand tight, once the loc tite set up i can turn the sling eyelet back and forth without worrying about the screw loosening. Once i got that sorted out i turned my attention to the recoil pad. The one that came with the winchester camo stock was pretty firm and i know since the synthetic stock is noticeably lighter its going to be a shoulder bruiser. There really wasnt many options available for the recoil pad other than a slip on which i dont like. Just so happens about a year ago a guy at my work gave me a limb saver recoil pad that he had bought thinking it would fit his shotgun but the limb saver was for a beretta. Just out of curiosity i wondered if it would fit, i mocked it up and was surprised on how close it was. I did have to grind two nubs off the backside of the recoil pad and also drill new holes in the base of the recoil pad to match the winchester stock, the sides fit perfect but due to it being for a beretta and not a winchester the base of the recoil pad sticks out a little less than 1/8” on the top and bottom. All in all for no other recoil pads being available im happy with it. Also finished it off with a Bandera 1-1/4” sling in mossy oak shadow grass. I like the camo look, its the first camo shotgun i have and like having variety, plus i figured the camo goes with the pump action. Perfect bird gun. Sorry for the long post lol

Before
Wood Natural material Dagger Metal Fashion accessory

After
Wood Road surface Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt

Wood Tints and shades Office supplies Font Wire

Winetta or Berinchester Limb saver recoil pad lmao

Wood Tints and shades Personal protective equipment Wrist Auto part

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Decided to change the look up a little on my winchester model 1300 20 ga. It was my first shotgun and ive had it for about 17 years. Shot quite a few rounds through it especially when i was younger and in a 4H sporting clay club, i shot it so much that one of the lugs on the pump action broke and had to get one from winchester. But after i got a little older i got out of the 4H sporting clay club and didnt really shoot much clays for 3 or 4 years when i was in high school. A year or so after i graduated i started shooting clays again and shoot it a few times per year doing a 100 round clay course and i really enjoy shooting it, not enough to be said about something as simplistic as a pump shotgun. Anyway it had the factory wood stock and fore end, which was ok but i think it was birch wood with a glossy finish which had a nice look to it but was too slick and if your hands were sweaty it didnt handle well. I got to looking online and a lot of parts are no longer available and most if any aftermarket parts are discontinued. I looked on a few gun parts websites and they had a synthetic camo stock and fore end listed, one place had the stock and another had the fore end. I think the stock was $90 and the fore end was $40. So would have been $130 for the set. I stumbled upon a wood kit on gunbroker but wouldnt fit my particular 1300 as it has the long action bar. Some had a short and some had a long. So just browsing on ebay i found the same seller that was on gunbroker but instead of just the wood stock and short action fore end they had a brand new never installed oem winchester 1300 synthetic mossy oak shadow grass camo stock and long action fore end. The seller wanted $100 free shipping so i messaged them and asked if they would do $65 and my original stock/fore end. After i sent a few pictures of how good shape the original furniture was in and they agreed! Also threw in a free camo sling swivel magazine cap as well! Got the stock and fore end in and they fit perfect. The camo sling swivel magazine cap didnt match very well with the stock and fore end as it was a different mossy oak pattern. So i had to improvise, i look the sling stud out of the camo cap, ground down the stud and drilled and tapped the sling eyelet for a 10-32 screw. i drilled a hole just slightly larger than the 10-32 screw in my original magazine cap. I got a stainless button cap screw along with a stainless washer and a nylon washer, inserted the screw and washer from the backside and slid the nylon washer on the outside, i applied some loc tite on the threads and then screwed the sling eyelet on hand tight, once the loc tite set up i can turn the sling eyelet back and forth without worrying about the screw loosening. Once i got that sorted out i turned my attention to the recoil pad. The one that came with the winchester camo stock was pretty firm and i know since the synthetic stock is noticeably lighter its going to be a shoulder bruiser. There really wasnt many options available for the recoil pad other than a slip on which i dont like. Just so happens about a year ago a guy at my work gave me a limb saver recoil pad that he had bought thinking it would fit his shotgun but the limb saver was for a beretta. Just out of curiosity i wondered if it would fit, i mocked it up and was surprised on how close it was. I did have to grind two nubs off the backside of the recoil pad and also drill new holes in the base of the recoil pad to match the winchester stock, the sides fit perfect but due to it being for a beretta and not a winchester the base of the recoil pad sticks out a little less than 1/8” on the top and bottom. All in all for no other recoil pads being available im happy with it. Also finished it off with a Bandera 1-1/4” sling in mossy oak shadow grass. I like the camo look, its the first camo shotgun i have and like having variety, plus i figured the camo goes with the pump action. Perfect bird gun. Sorry for the long post lol

Before
View attachment 280263

After
View attachment 280261

View attachment 280266

Winetta or Berinchester Limb saver recoil pad lmao

View attachment 280262
Nice work!

4721 - 4740 of 4819 Posts