Glock Firearms banner
4161 - 4180 of 4218 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Bid on a set of raw walnut birdshead grips on ebay for my barkeep and got them for $15 shipped, i was off of work today so i decided to mess with them a little bit, i ended up wood burning a border in the grips and did a simple pattern inside the border. Also had some extra minwax stain laying around. I will put a couple coats of wipe on poly on them over the next couple days. They arent perfect but Im pretty happy with how they turned out so far, the wipe on poly should make them look a little richer.

Wood Natural material Font Fender Personal protective equipment

Wood Creative arts Natural material Musical instrument Art

Butterfly Insect Wood Pollinator Arthropod

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Bid on a set of raw walnut birdshead grips on ebay for my barkeep and got them for $15 shipped, i was off of work today so i decided to mess with them a little bit, i ended up wood burning a border in the grips and did a simple pattern inside the border. Also had some extra minwax stain laying around. I will put a couple coats of wipe on poly on them over the next couple days. They arent perfect but Im pretty happy with how they turned out so far, the wipe on poly should make them look a little richer.

View attachment 261668

View attachment 261670

View attachment 261669
Very well done.

Reactions: j102

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,847 Posts

View attachment 261668

View attachment 261670

View attachment 261669
I tell ya what! You might not think they are perfect but from what I'm looking at they are about as close to perfect as [email protected]#k is to swearing! Great job

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I tell ya what! You might not think they are perfect but from what I'm looking at they are about as close to perfect as [email protected]#k is to swearing! Great job
I tried lol. Only took me about 4 hours lol. Idk what they will look like on the barkeep, i did briefly put them on to check fitment but that was before i stained them. Put the first coat of wipe on poly on. Might do a few coats.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,332 Posts
I stopped by a gun shop. They had a used Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. I was kicking around the idea of getting one as a partner to my Beretta 92X Performance. $799 used.🤨 that’s a bit rich. I was pretty sure I saw them on sale for $699 new. The salesman that knows me says he’ll cut me a deal. I’m listening…$650 out the door. I tell him not bad but I’d think about it. On my way out the door he calls me back and says, $550, out the door.👀
Sonofab!tch! Now I have a Beretta CX4.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

bonus, it came with 2 30 round ProMag mags and 3 15 round Beretta mags.😌
I hit another shop and bought 2 new Beretta 92 mags for $20.
Stopped by Bass Pro in Grapevine and bought 4, 100 packs of 9mm brass Herters for $32.99 each.

Add to that a good couple of range days and it was a great week!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I stopped by a gun shop. They had a used Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. I was kicking around the idea of getting one as a partner to my Beretta 92X Performance. $799 used.🤨 that’s a bit rich. I was pretty sure I saw them on sale for $699 new. The salesman that knows me says he’ll cut me a deal. I’m listening…$650 out the door. I tell him not bad but I’d think about it. On my way out the door he calls me back and says, $550, out the door.👀
View attachment 261790
bonus, it came with 2 30 round ProMag mags and 3 15 round Beretta mags.😌
Stopped by Bass Pro in Grapevine and bought 4, 100 packs of 9mm brass Herters for $32.99 each.

id say you did pretty good, theres a few on gunbroker that are already at $550 not counting shipping, tax and transfer

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Shot it Wednesday. Perfect! Tight groups and shocker, even the ProMag mags worked flawlessly.😎
would of been cool if it was a fde one, i like how they look, but the all black looks good too, kinda hard to hide that beretta look lol. They look like nothing else, i know, lol i have a neos. Look completely futuristic

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Shot it Wednesday. Perfect! Tight groups and shocker, even the ProMag mags worked flawlessly.😎
"even the ProMag mags worked flawlessly"

You got lucky twice, hope on the way home and bought a lottery ticket..

·
1,803 Posts
I stopped by a gun shop. They had a used Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. I was kicking around the idea of getting one as a partner to my Beretta 92X Performance. $799 used.🤨 that’s a bit rich. I was pretty sure I saw them on sale for $699 new. The salesman that knows me says he’ll cut me a deal. I’m listening…$650 out the door. I tell him not bad but I’d think about it. On my way out the door he calls me back and says, $550, out the door.
View attachment 261790
bonus, it came with 2 30 round ProMag mags and 3 15 round Beretta mags.

They are nice! I have one also

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I stopped by a gun shop. They had a used Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. I was kicking around the idea of getting one as a partner to my Beretta 92X Performance. $799 used. that’s a bit rich. I was pretty sure I saw them on sale for $699 new. The salesman that knows me says he’ll cut me a deal. I’m listening…$650 out the door. I tell him not bad but I’d think about it. On my way out the door he calls me back and says, $550, out the door.
View attachment 261790

Congrats! Nice deal!

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
I stopped by a gun shop. They had a used Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. I was kicking around the idea of getting one as a partner to my Beretta 92X Performance. $799 used.🤨 that’s a bit rich. I was pretty sure I saw them on sale for $699 new. The salesman that knows me says he’ll cut me a deal. I’m listening…$650 out the door. I tell him not bad but I’d think about it. On my way out the door he calls me back and says, $550, out the door.
View attachment 261790

I haven’t seen a CX4 in years! Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
So I watched a video that said Beretta had been filling military and security contracts and never stopped making them. Still in production.
That’s crazy! I used to see them all the time, but not on the last few years. I know a guy who swears by his. He really likes it.

4161 - 4180 of 4218 Posts