Glock Firearms banner
3861 - 3880 of 3897 Posts

·
Happy Member :)
5,216 Posts
I wish I could post a pic of my WW2 Hi Power. There is a handful of pistols that were my grandfathers that I don’t post pics of. They are a pistol every collection should have!
Lol one little sneak peak wouldn't hurt that's cool, ww2 stuff always fascinates.

·
Happy Member :)
5,216 Posts
WW2 1911 Arsenal rebuild, mismatch frame to slide.
Matching numbers wasn’t a thing during the war.
View attachment 255353
I got it from a guy whose Dad got killed during Korean War as a fighter pilot.
That's awesome. What a beautiful piece of history and matching numbers don't mean much when you have to fight for your life lol

·
Gunslinger
G27
10,399 Posts
WW2 1911 Arsenal rebuild, mismatch frame to slide.
Matching numbers wasn’t a thing during the war.
View attachment 255353
I got it from a guy whose Dad got killed during Korean War as a fighter pilot.
Man, I love those old 1911s, never owned one though. More's the pity. LOL. I do have several Argentine Colt Model 27s. They are pretty much the same as the older Colt 1911A1s. Good quality guns. I also have a couple of Chinese Norinco 1911A1s, also very good quality. I have switched to Glocks now but the old 1911s still call to me. I had a Colt Series 70 once but I let a cousin talk me out of it.

Description. COLT 1911A1 Model 1927 Sistema. Made in Argentina. Chambered in 45 ACP or 11.25mm caliber. Early Argentinian COLTs were supplied by COLT factory, but after several years. Argentina started there own production , guns were …

Description. COLT 1911A1 Model 1927 Sistema. Made in Argentina. Chambered in 45 ACP or 11.25mm caliber. Early Argentinian COLTs were supplied by COLT factory, but after several years. Argentina started there own production , guns were …

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Heading out to a new gunshop that my shootin buddie told us about. Its about 25 to 30 miles from our house. Never knew it existed! Tiny mom&pop shop.
They have 4 different kinds of 22-Hornet ammo brands on the shelf. Yes sir, bringing some of that home with us today! Gonna make a HORNET sting some paper targets!

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Just got back home from the mom&pop shop. Wowwwww, we dropped some major coin on ammo there!!!
I bought 250 rounds of 22-Hornet, and some other needed ammo. Wife bought a huge BUNCH of SK 22 rimfire.

The owner of the shop is a awesome gentleman! I see us going back there, ALOT!
Place was to the roof in ammo, literally!!! Said if he didnt have what we wanted, he`d order it.
I asked if their was a ammo limit, he said "carry out as much as you can hold onto, then come back in for more if you like"

He ordered a few cases of Lapua Center-X rimfire for us. Told us a week at the very most for it to come into his place.
He told us that the Lapua is very plentiful. Hell yeah, get us a few cases of it! DONE!

His prices on most ammo was EXTREMELY decent! This guy hates gougers and big box chinasi` stores.
He is a retired Marine from the military, does part time police work, and county highway work.

What a GREAT day, met a great person, scored the ammo we were looking for.
Wife an i could have stood there all day talkin to this older fella. We shared tons of story`s.
We all would have talked for hours between us, but he had customers to take care of.

Life is GOOD!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Just got back home from the mom&pop shop. Wowwwww, we dropped some major coin on ammo there!!!
I bought 250 rounds of 22-Hornet, and some other needed ammo. Wife bought a huge BUNCH of SK 22 rimfire.

The owner of the shop is a awesome gentleman! I see us going back there, ALOT!
Place was to the roof in ammo, literally!!! Said if he didnt have what we wanted, he`d order it.
I asked if their was a ammo limit, he said "carry out as much as you can hold onto, then come back in for more if you like"

He ordered a few cases of Lapua Center-X rimfire for us. Told us a week at the very most for it to come into his place.
He told us that the Lapua is very plentiful. Hell yeah, get us a few cases of it! DONE!

His prices on most ammo was EXTREMELY decent! This guy hates gougers and big box chinasi` stores.
He is a retired Marine from the military, does part time police work, and county highway work.

What a GREAT day, met a great person, scored the ammo we were looking for.
Wife an i could have stood there all day talkin to this older fella. We shared tons of story`s.
We all would have talked for hours between us, but he had customers to take care of.

Life is GOOD!
Griddler Congrats,major score !

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Griddler Congrats,major score !
Thanks buddie... YES = MAJOR SCORE! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
I asked him about that Hornady CD 10mm ammo for you. He is going to order it.
He didnt have a time frame when it would come in, but i expected that. As soon as i know something, i`ll holler to yah brother.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Griddler Fandamtastic,let me know the cost & ups for it and I'll send off a check to cover it,Thanks brother.

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Griddler Fandamtastic,let me know the cost & ups for it and I'll send off a check to cover it,Thanks brother.
You betcha brother, you`re welcome. I always try to pay it forward.
Others have helped me, now i want to be able to help others, in need.

If he comes thru for us, you an i will figure out the rest easily. We live close enough to meet up in the middle somewhere.

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
My Barrels have just turned up! 22 inch .358 win mag for my 660 Rem (complete with Magna porting .Didn't ask for it but my barrel guy must think I'm getting old ) Also there is a metal trigger guard ! My Barrel guy, must of had one laying around! Also there is the 24 inch Medium weight 'K' Hornet barrel! Of course there is the Swift barrel! Going to be a busy couple of days now!

3861 - 3880 of 3897 Posts