What have you bought related to guns.?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glockin9, May 27, 2017.

1. Standard cap Glock mags lately.

SJ 40, Danzig and jhg like this.
  2. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

50rd drums!!! When is the Magpuls getting released?

3. mtelep

mtelep Junior Member Supporter

I built one of those guns with an AeroPrecision upper and was mildly shocked with the accuracy!!!!! I had the bullets touching at 100 yards! I figured the ammo was cheap and it would make a good deer/ elk and pig gun. I put a 2-7x Nikon scope on it I found at the local BX.

SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  4. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's good to hear. I have a Savage XP II in 350 Legend. As soon as Inslee quits dick'in around with the restrictions in Washington, I'd like to get to the range to fine tune it.
    BTW.....you know Nikon is out of the scope business. Knowing that I got a P-22 still NIB before they
    disappeared.

SJ 40, mtelep and jhg like this.
  5. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Nothing. Can't find much and can't afford any of it. I have stocked up plenty of mags.

elk creek likes this.
  6. mtelep

I’m going to miss Nikon!!!! I have a bunch of them.

SJ 40, NWG40, jhg and 1 other person like this.
  7. mtelep

I received an X-Grip for my third G43 magazine.

NWG40, jhg and 3404speed like this.
  8. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

Got the bca 16” parkerized upper in 7.62x39 for my dad for his birthday in march. Did a tear down and clean on it. Put the magpul mbus sights off of my pistol build on it. Also had some extra slate black mlok covers that i put on as well.

F5134AA4-A48B-4095-8878-4DDE2B739E5C.jpeg

mtelep, Danzig, j102 and 5 others like this.
  9. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Is the 7.62x39 AR-type platform as reliable as the AK-47? How is the accuracy out of the AR-type platform?

jhg likes this.
  10. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

I would want to say this is a 100-125 yard weapon of accuracy.
    It's not a 6.5 in Grendel which is 300 yards flat.

j102, jhg, NWG40 and 2 others like this.
  11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

The AK platform is not as accurate as the AR on average.

j102, mtelep, jhg and 3 others like this.
  12. NWG40

Mags are the easy part! :rolleyes:

jhg, SJ 40 and 3404speed like this.
  13. NWG40

I just ordered a SeeAll Tritium sight for my new pistol. I've never seen anything like it.
    Has a F/O rod for the daytime & a Tritium block for the night. Lifetime warranty & they
    advertise the tritium's life span to 15-20 years. $100 on sale.
    Anyone heard of it?

14. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

Now before anyone says anything I've had bad experiences with taurus semi autos swore I'd never buy another taurus. Saw this for $300 and I didn't own a wheel gun so I said why not. Haven't shot it yet but I like the looks and the feel. (I know there's way better revolvers out there but didn't want to go crazy for my first cause I don't know if I like shooting em) 20201113_103446.jpeg

Olga17, Southlake, Danzig and 5 others like this.
  15. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Compared to guns and ammo mags are definitely the easy part. And by far the most reasonably priced. I am surprised mags didn't see the price gouging. I am really glad they didn't though.

j102, SJ 40, Greywood and 1 other person like this.
  16. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

If the half life of Tritium is 12 years as the manufactures state,the 15 would be correct but the 20 is a stretch as at 20 it would perhaps 1/3 or perhaps a bit better.

NWG40 and jhg like this.
  17. NWG40

I think we'd all be happy with a 12 year life. By the time my pistol comes in & I do the 10 day wait (yep in Washington state that's the BS we go thru for a semiauto pistol) I should post some pics Hmm.........by Christmas maybe. But that sight is what I'm looking for.

j102, SJ 40 and jhg like this.
  18. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Now a days when they dim so they don't show up enough with out staring/focusing at the front sight.
    I replace just the front sight with a Ameriglo front sight which can be purchased separately and I've discovered that's all I need or want,no need for a rear as I've run a timer in low light or dark and my times have decreased with just the front lit.

3404speed, jhg and Danzig like this.
  19. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

There is a couple of things that come to mind. The bolts are considered a "wear item" at a lower round count. I've heard as low as 3000rds. I pulled all my bolts and replaced them with Young manufacturing bolts. They look rather stout. I keep the originals as replacements. I tripped over a deal for $45 on some other bolts back when the "plandemic" started. I forget where. There is a couple of MFR's out there that have lifetime guarantees. Don't ask me who. Maybe Primary Arms sells one of what brand I have no idea. There is a seller out there that sells the Young bolts "The Buffalo." I had bought several times from him when I first discovered Young's stuff. Young only sells a chrome plated bolt. They used to sell a phosphate coated

Mags in my opinion are the biggest stumbling block for reliability. I have tried 2 different brands. ASC, and C-Products Defense. ASC's were garbage. I got an RA from them and sent all 22 of them back. They were going to "repair" them. 2 months later I called and asked what was going on. They sent me 22 brand new replacements in the wrapper. They were worse. The bodies wouldn't allow more than 14rds (30rd) and the follower would jam. The bodies were tapered in the curve. That was the problem. They claim on their website "Lifetime guarantee, we test every mag before we ship!" BS. I didn't bother contacting them about this totally different problem I wrote it off as a very expensive mistake. I sold 12 of them still in the packages to a gun show vender over the weekend. Maybe they had the same defect, maybe they didn't. I don't care. They sat in a box for a couple of years. A member on another forum had problems with his and trashed them.

I have had zero problems with C-P-D's.

As far as barrels I prefer the idea of at minimum having a nitride barrel due to the copper washed steel projectiles in most of the imported ammo. I have seen a chrome lined barrel being marketed. Can't remember who sells it. All 3 of mine are nitride 4150. 2 are 16" PSA, the 10.5" is from Alpha Shooting Sports. I know of shooters using BCA's and they are very accurate. I suspect without proof that many "other brand" sellers are selling BCA's.

My first PSA has touched 3 Tula at 65yds with a $20 red dot. I have 2 Primary Arms 300black/x39 ACSS scopes to zero in. Can't shoot the steel at indoor ranges. Need a partner to keep an eye on my gear at the outdoor ranges.

Small Arms Solutions has a great comparison on the hybrid carbines out there that use AK47 mags. PSA won hands down in all categories. They beat the big money CMMG mutant. IIRC it was mag picky. Mag compatibility is a factor. Not with PSA.

Draw back to the hybrids is no bolt hold open. Maybe the Yugo mags will? I have no idea.

A standard AR lower works with the AR uppers. Go to a H2 or heavier buffer. I have gone all the way up to a 6.1oz. However some run .308 springs. I have some. Haven't tried them yet.

All of my barrels are mid length gas. They recoil a bunch harder than 5.56. Many commercial uppers are carbine length. If you are recoil sensitive you might want to shy away from them. Then again playing with buffer weight, and the .308 spring can help tame them.

Any questions maybe I can answer them after work, or during depending on if I am sitting getting loaded or unloaded.

SJ 40, Danzig, jhg and 1 other person like this.
  20. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your answers on the 7.62x39 round on the AR platform.
    At this point, if one is building another AR, the 7.62x39 sounds like a good idea. Either that or another pistol caliber AR.

3404speed and SJ 40 like this.