Glock Firearms banner

2881 - 2900 of 3285 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Been looking for 145 gr. 350 Legend & found some online for $15 @ box. I went to my local Walmart & they had it for under $10 @ box + the 150 gr for $20. That'll teach me!
Also decided to pick up another .22, this time a NIB Browning Buck Mark in Kryptex Neptune
camo. $415, free shipping, & no CC fees. But at that price I paid that anyway.

·
1,245 Posts
Been looking for 145 gr. 350 Legend & found some online for $15 @ box. I went to my local Walmart & they had it for under $10 @ box + the 150 gr for $20. That'll teach me!
Also decided to pick up another .22, this time a NIB Browning Buck Mark in Kryptex Neptune
camo. $415, free shipping, & no CC fees. But at that price I paid that anyway.
I built one of those guns with an AeroPrecision upper and was mildly shocked with the accuracy!!!!! I had the bullets touching at 100 yards! I figured the ammo was cheap and it would make a good deer/ elk and pig gun. I put a 2-7x Nikon scope on it I found at the local BX.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I built one of those guns with an AeroPrecision upper and was mildly shocked with the accuracy!!!!! I had the bullets touching at 100 yards! I figured the ammo was cheap and it would make a good deer/ elk and pig gun. I put a 2-7x Nikon scope on it I found at the local BX.
That's good to hear. I have a Savage XP II in 350 Legend. As soon as Inslee quits dick'in around with the restrictions in Washington, I'd like to get to the range to fine tune it.
BTW.....you know Nikon is out of the scope business. Knowing that I got a P-22 still NIB before they
disappeared.

·
Gunslinger
8,674 Posts
Nothing. Can't find much and can't afford any of it. I have stocked up plenty of mags.

·
1,245 Posts
That's good to hear. I have a Savage XP II in 350 Legend. As soon as Inslee quits dick'in around with the restrictions in Washington, I'd like to get to the range to fine tune it.
BTW.....you know Nikon is out of the scope business. Knowing that I got a P-22 still NIB before they
disappeared.
I’m going to miss Nikon!!!! I have a bunch of them.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Got the bca 16” parkerized upper in 7.62x39 for my dad for his birthday in march. Did a tear down and clean on it. Put the magpul mbus sights off of my pistol build on it. Also had some extra slate black mlok covers that i put on as well.

F5134AA4-A48B-4095-8878-4DDE2B739E5C.jpeg

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Is the 7.62x39 AR-type platform as reliable as the AK-47? How is the accuracy out of the AR-type platform?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Is the 7.62x39 AR-type platform as reliable as the AK-47? How is the accuracy out of the AR-type platform?
The AK platform is not as accurate as the AR on average.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I just ordered a SeeAll Tritium sight for my new pistol. I've never seen anything like it.
Has a F/O rod for the daytime & a Tritium block for the night. Lifetime warranty & they
advertise the tritium's life span to 15-20 years. $100 on sale.
Anyone heard of it?

·
Happy Member :)
5,099 Posts
Now before anyone says anything I've had bad experiences with taurus semi autos swore I'd never buy another taurus. Saw this for $300 and I didn't own a wheel gun so I said why not. Haven't shot it yet but I like the looks and the feel. (I know there's way better revolvers out there but didn't want to go crazy for my first cause I don't know if I like shooting em)
20201113_103446.jpeg

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just ordered a SeeAll Tritium sight for my new pistol. I've never seen anything like it.
Has a F/O rod for the daytime & a Tritium block for the night. Lifetime warranty & they
advertise the tritium's life span to 15-20 years. $100 on sale.
Anyone heard of it?
If the half life of Tritium is 12 years as the manufactures state,the 15 would be correct but the 20 is a stretch as at 20 it would perhaps 1/3 or perhaps a bit better.

Reactions: NWG40 and jhg

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
If the half life of Tritium is 12 years as the manufactures state,the 15 would be correct but the 20 is a stretch as at 20 it would perhaps 1/3 or perhaps a bit better.
I think we'd all be happy with a 12 year life. By the time my pistol comes in & I do the 10 day wait (yep in Washington state that's the BS we go thru for a semiauto pistol) I should post some pics Hmm.........by Christmas maybe. But that sight is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Now a days when they dim so they don't show up enough with out staring/focusing at the front sight.
I replace just the front sight with a Ameriglo front sight which can be purchased separately and I've discovered that's all I need or want,no need for a rear as I've run a timer in low light or dark and my times have decreased with just the front lit.

2881 - 2900 of 3285 Posts