What have you bought related to guns.?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glockin9, May 27, 2017.

1. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

I have also seen price gouging.
    Both on ammo and guns.
    All of a sudden every AR upper is $100 more in cost.

2. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

I see that as a sign. With online orders being delayed & prices + shipping going up, some might be faced with traveling to get what they're looking for in a timely manner. Just wished you could deduct the mileage. :D:rolleyes:

GlockGhost likes this.

3. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Active Member

Just got a threaded barrel for one of my 19s. Factory barrel ordered from Glock. Also bought a suppressor that I hope to get before Christmas.
    Also ordered some ghost connectors.

NWG40, Southlake and mattm like this.
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Ordered an SS guide rod for my P80 .45 G21 clone, after losing a rod and replacement spring. 5 minutes after ordering, I found what I had lost in the ammo room, so went back and cancelled. This aging thing is ridiculous. All I could remember was "yeah, I'll forget where I put this if I leave it here" and I did.On the plus side, I did throw out a barrel of crap that should have been tosses awhile ago.

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I’ve probably lost more stuff that I put in a special place than not!:oops:

NWG40, mattm, Southlake and 1 other person like this.
  6. eridgway

eridgway Active Member

Unfortunately I bought a new pistol, my first 9mm in 25 years. Didnt bother to think i wouldn't be able to locate any ammunition for it. Its a S&W performance center M&P9 shield 2.0, ported with tritium. Figured a better pocket carry than my heavy g27, kinda worthless without the gun nuggets

Danzig likes this.
  7. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

My oldest son came over Sunday and when he saw those he said, "Huh. That should be easy; hang on", and pulled out his phone. I had no idea what he was talking about until thirty seconds later he showed me a modelling diagram of an almost identical unit on some 3D printing site. So he's going to print us both some more. He said they'd take around twelve to fifteen cents each in material.

Danzig, NWG40, mattm and 1 other person like this.
  8. eridgway

eridgway Active Member

Our public library has a 3D printer for the public to use. I wonder how upset they would be if I used it for those...lol

9. John in AR

I suspect they're like a label maker or cordless drill - once you have one, you find all kinds of uses for it. He's made all kinds of one-off things that are all pretty impressive and cheap enough that they've actually more than paid for the cost of the printer.

10. NWG40

I watch ammoseek.com. The way things are going it'll wind up costing more, but the availability is there with at least a decent selection. If you don't find what your looking for check back daily. The offerings change that fast.

mattm and eridgway like this.
  11. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Active Member

I was able to buy some 9mm ammo today. Went to 3 different places and was able to buy 300 rounds from each location.

NWG40, mattm, eridgway and 1 other person like this.
  12. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Today was not the day to seek 9mm on ammoseek. Almost regretting selling 9 for 25 and 30 cents a round. Glad it was to friends.
    Check several times daily. A few months back when most 9 was around 30 cents, I got a case of fiocci 1200fps for 20. Same ammo today was 50 iirc. I've watched deals sell out in minutes, sometimes less.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    eridgway likes this.
  13. eridgway

eridgway Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. Found a couple boxes of underwood extreme 90 gr +p lead free jhp at midway until I can find something else. About a buck a round. Guy at work found a couple boxes of win heater fmj he's gonna trade me for some 12 ga shells. Good to have friends

NWG40 and Danzig like this.
  14. eridgway

eridgway Active Member

Sorry winchester not win heater...lol

mattm likes this.
  15. NWG40

The Extreme Defense / Penetrators are the solid copper rounds and always command a higher price. But for the FPS & Ft. Lbs. you get outta those little devils, one shot is all you're going to need.

eridgway likes this.
  16. eridgway

eridgway Active Member

I thought 20.99 for 20 rd box for defense ammo was decent. Bought 2 boxes to fill my mags and of course run a couple mags to see if the gun handles them. Its a s&w performance center model so I would think it should. MidwayUSA has a few diff choices of them in 9mm. Had I known more about them probably would have checked for .40 S&W for my G27

17. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member

Should be able to still find hornady critical defense for about a dollar a round

18. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Gen 3 G19 Shooter Supporter

Sorry about the delay.

Nope, not an Axis II, just the regular Axis.

Pics:

20200803_143309.jpg 20200803_143316.jpg 20200803_143340.jpg

NWG40 and Danzig like this.
  19. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

Kalashnikov USA kp9. It's a vityaz clone almost to the T. A lil pricey but seen nothing but good reviews. 20200803_174413.jpeg 20200803_190345.jpeg

NWG40, mattm, Danzig and 4 others like this.
  20. John in AR

:D Good lord; that charging handle looks like the business end of a trombone...

NWG40, mattm and gladesbassin like this.