What have you bought related to guns.?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glockin9, May 27, 2017.

1. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Bought a Maglula for the CZ Scorpion and a Zev 34 slide for the gen5 17. 2B83203E-E637-4DFF-AC4A-166AB5D83E18.jpeg
    Now if I can just find a gen5 slide kit and a barrel that’s not priced out of sight!:confused:

Olga17, eltell, 3404speed and 2 others like this.
  2. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Half a case of X4429 9mm jhp stuff, full-length 'rip-brace' buffer tube to replace the micro version on the banshee, bolt rebuild kit for the banshee (a preemptive, just-in-case thing since its bolt is proprietary & unique), half dozen magazine conversion guts that let the banshee upper use any AR pistol lower, four 24-round glock 9mm magazines, and some additional steel targets. Ordered an MRO for the banshee, but hasn't come in yet. Also got an RMA from Trijicon for an older MRO whose battery life isn't near what it should be. Boxed it up today to send back.

Also received the solvent trap to turn into a form-1 suppressor. Haven't done anything with it yet; just measured it & stuck it in the safe. Haven't even started the paperwork yet, just storing it unmodified and locked up until I get things rolling on it paperwork-wise.

{edit to correct 'rib-brace' to 'rip-brace'}

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    mattm, Olga17 and Danzig like this.

3. Danzig

Texas
    Where do you get your used MROs?

4. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Short answer - ebay.

Longer answer - the MRO was the first true top-end red dot I owned; bought when they first came out some years ago and were hundreds cheaper than the Aimpoint T series. Loved it, even though it had some very minor amount of magnification and a minor tinting to it. Was still great, and as good as my eyes are anyway. Then when Trijicon came out with the improved version around serial number ~85,000 or whatever it was, a lot of guys just had to have the better one so they sold their originals used on ebay for half price or less. When Trijicon came out with the MRO Patrol a year or two ago, same thing happened again. A lot of guys just had to have the newest, so there were a lot of bargains on ebay at the time. I looked a week or two ago and didn't see those kind of bargains; may have to wait for the next "latest & greatest" to come out and see if the same thing happens again.

One nice thing was that even though I bought this MRO used and told them that, trijicon sent me the RMA paperwork. I don't know if their warranty extends past the original owner, and told them in my initial email to them that even if it wasn't under warranty I'd like an estimate to repair. Hopefully it will be warranty or some simple and cheap part swap, but don't want to live with it as-is. On setting #4, batteries only last 6-8 weeks and so would (for my purposes) only be good on a strictly recreational rifle, and would be annoying even on that.

Danzig likes this.
  5. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Guns, I bought guns, lots and lots of guns. These libtards have all these brand new guns for sale. I’m buying all of them.

Olga17, 34MOS and Danzig like this.
  6. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member

Finally got my leupold quick flip scope covers in for the leupold scout scope on my gunsite scout. Normally about $65 a piece. Found one on ebay for $40 and the other for $55.

5C3AF096-6886-40F8-8C7B-C304ABA5B533.jpeg

9A88DB2B-A25B-4B69-8228-2B8628429E01.jpeg

0B29AB49-7512-4D8A-8BC7-F6D661A61893.jpeg

mtelep and Danzig like this.
  7. eltell

eltell Well-Known Member

UK
    [​IMG]
    Speed loader pouch for my son to use with the Ruger GP 100

mtelep, NQNPIII, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

Just bought another 300 rounds of 9mm ammo plus 50 rounds of .380 ammo as well.. 20200703_164103.jpg

Danzig, 3404speed and Sparky_D like this.
  9. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

14.5" Socom barrel with A2 sight. USPS tracking claimed I was getting it yesterday. Mail already ran today.1000rds of Tula X39 plinking ammo. FedEx claimed it was coming today. Couple of mags for the AR's. 3 triple AK "kangaroo" mag pouches for the plate carrier. Condor brand. Been waiting 2 weeks for a shipping notification from Botach on some.40. I want a FDE Magpul hand guard for the barrel. I thought surely I had one in my box of stuff. All I found was a black one. Oh well I guess I'll be talkin to Primary Arms.

Danzig and 3404speed like this.
  10. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

500 rounds of 9mm.

Danzig and mtelep like this.
  11. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just cerakote a black one.

Danzig likes this.
  12. Danzig

Texas
    Botach still screwing up?
    I had some crazy dealings with them about 10 years ago. Great prices but crazy shipping and customer service.

13. NQNPIII

I'm would still be one handguard short. This particular HG came on my 6920LE Colt.

14. NQNPIII

I've never ordered ammo from them before. But ya, they do a hybrid FedEx/USPS thing on the other stuff. I actually got my notification after posting. It is going to ship with a UPS tracking number.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just checked.
    1ZYxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Updated: 07/04/2020 7:00 A.M. EST
    Tracking Status
    Shipment Canceled
    Scheduled Delivery

Please check back later for scheduled delivery.

View delivery time window with UPS My Choice®. :mad:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Danzig likes this.
  15. topleft

topleft Active Member

Ohio
    Unexpectedly got 400 rounds of CCI .22LR sub sonic for $24 at a store out of town. This cartridge performs well with 2 of my suppressors.

Sparky_D and Danzig like this.
  16. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I had two orders with them recently with no issues. The last order was two G17 magazines that arrived in a week or so despite the Covid19 delays.

Danzig likes this.
  17. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

66$ plus tax

ouch. F6DE03DD-C2D3-44E4-8C1F-17307198E344.jpeg

18. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

Well I haven't bought anything yet, but!
    Cleaning out the bone yard @ the compound.
    Aluminum, brass, and serious poundage of stainless steel.
    Figure I can build a G23 and a G21 with the funds.
    Trying to find parts during these times can test one's patience.

Danzig likes this.
  19. mtelep

mtelep Junior Member Supporter

I ordered a Recover brace kit for my Glock pistols!!!! IMG_0286.jpg

Southlake and Danzig like this.
  20. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I ordered one on 7/2. It has good reviews.

Southlake and mtelep like this.