Glock Firearms banner
9501 - 9520 of 9534 Posts

·
1,737 Posts
I wasn’t interested in M1 carbines when they were under $200 and ammo was nearly as cheap as .22LR!
Now they’re bringing over $700 and ammo is through the roof. All the military surplus has about dried up.
Mini-14s used to cost less than AR-15s now they’re running more.
Wouldn't of believed it 25 years ago.
I owned a stainless mini-14 with a factory folding stock. I ended up selling it. It was hard to keep it as clean as I wanted! I prefer AR’s, own 11 of them in assorted calibers, barrel lengths, and for different purposes. Many I have built because I’m a lefty, and couldn’t find what I wanted in left hand. I like the AR’s the way I like Glocks. You can customize them in sooooo many ways!!!! It’s almost endless!!!!!

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Funny how things change. as late as the 80's over here if you paid more than 15 bucks for a Lee Enfield ,you were being robbed! 8mm Turkish contract Mausers ,6.5x55 Swedish Mausers ,6.5x55 Carcano carbines (with 100 rnds of ammo) ,were $45.00 each! A Israeli 7.62 NATO Mauser went for $100.00 (were some people taken in by them they were a 96 action but people thought they were .308 Win) And a Parker Hale Reburnished 303 brit SMLE or 7.62 #4 Enfield set you back about $100! The Parker Hales were pretty good value as they were re-blued ,restocked with a sporting stock and a new barrel!
Musical instrument Wood Air gun Trigger Musical instrument accessory

The .303 Parker Hale (with 5 shot mag )
Plant Air gun Trigger Wood Musical instrument

The Parker Hale T4 7.62

·
1,737 Posts
Got the paper work for my new (secondhand) Left handed Ruger 77 in 9.2 x62 today! Ended up doing a straight swap for my Bruno (CZ) .375 H&H! Picked it up this morning
I have a Ruger in 375 Ruger Magnum! I think the 9.2x62 is a bit easier on the shoulder. I’ve read outstanding things from both of your calibers. Was the Ruger Stainless Steel?

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
I have a Ruger in 375 Ruger Magnum! I think the 9.2x62 is a bit easier on the shoulder. I’ve read outstanding things from both of your calibers. Was the Ruger Stainless Steel?
No it's a standard blued . It's actually a 9.3 x 62 . I took it out today and am pleasantly surprised. It's reasonably easy on my shoulder. I've fitted a 4x40 Ziess scope on it, as I won't be doing any shots further than about 200 yards with it and that will be on Camels! Still working on a decent load for it but I enjoyed the outing .

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
I bought a savage ultra lite in 308 win. It shot terrible so I sent it back to savage. They replaced the rifle with a new one and I just got it set back up. Leupold vx3i scope with leupold rings and warne bases. This new rifle was dialed in after a few shots and seems to group factory ammo very nice, an inch or under at 100 yards. It is going deer hunting with me over the weekend. Maybe it will be my favorite new hunting rifle for packing through the woods.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

·
1,737 Posts
View attachment 259838

It’s not the cheapest round apparently.
How’s this for a score!!!!!! 2 boxes of 44 Special Critical Defense. Notice the nickel plated cases!!!! All at the price tag of 20 rounds for $20 out the door at the Kirtland AFB Exchange!!!!!!!!!
Food Recipe Ingredient Wood Table

9501 - 9520 of 9534 Posts