Glock Firearms banner
9481 - 9500 of 9534 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
A Tough Decision

All year long I have wavered back and forth between purchasing the 29 and the 30. Countless hours of video, shooting my friends models, researching satisfaction, etc., but I couldn't make up my mind. So, I made the only reasonable decision.
View attachment 257212
Now I have to decide which one to carry tomorrow...
You could carry both.
Congrats!

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Well! I'm sorry to say, I'm keeping my .375 for the time being! The chap who wanted to swap also wanted (wait for it) $1500 cash!!!!!!!! I just laughed! I explained I can get a shot out '77' and rebarrel it for less than that!
The chap who wants to swap my .375 H&H Bruno ,came into the store today and has offered a straight swap! I'm tempted I must admit but I'm going to let him sweat for a couple of days

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Whilst at my Gun Guys today. He pointed out he had just received a shipment of Lithgow .22 lr Bolt actions! They have only in the last couple of years started manufacturing rifles! Lithgow has a long history of building rifles in Australia but mainly for the military. Many years ago they built .22 rifles and they were a fine weapon! So you can imagine my interest! Until I found out the price at $1450.00 Au!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou but no thankyou

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
Whilst at my Gun Guys today. He pointed out he had just received a shipment of Lithgow .22 lr Bolt actions! They have only in the last couple of years started manufacturing rifles! Lithgow has a long history of building rifles in Australia but mainly for the military. Many years ago they built .22 rifles and they were a fine weapon! So you can imagine my interest! Until I found out the price at $1450.00 Au!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou but no thankyou
I’ve seen Enfields from the Lithgow factory.
Why are the .22 rifles priced so high?

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Mate! I have no idea! There was a time many years ago that they were a very competitively priced firearm ! They are also offering several centre fire models! I don't think I'll be in the market for them in the near future

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mate! I have no idea! There was a time many years ago that they were a very competitively priced firearm ! They are also offering several centre fire models! I don't think I'll be in the market for them in the near future
I have to get my glasses checked - almost spit out my coffee. I thought your signature line said, "So many Mormons, so few bullets."

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Not a fricking one. :cry::cry::cry:
Of course not! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You were too busy out enjoying yourself, in your boat! Generally living life to the fullest! In the mean time Thousands of firearms lay in Gun stores waiting for somebody to adopt them and give them a safe and caring home! Shame on you Sir! Shame!!!! 😁 😂🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
75,422 Posts
Of course not! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You were too busy out enjoying yourself, in your boat! Generally living life to the fullest! In the mean time Thousands of firearms lay in Gun stores waiting for somebody to adopt them and give them a safe and caring home! Shame on you Sir! Shame!!!! 😁 😂🤣🤣🤣
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts

My gun guy just emailed me this ! No prices though

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
It was too much for me so I just nipped round to my gun guys store. The Woomera Retails for around $3,299! The most expensive model of Lithgow is about $4,800! and in my eyes the ugliest thing I have ever seen
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

The Lithgow 'signature' LA102 $1800!!!! That has got to be the ugliest bolt handle I have ever seen ! What ever happened to Lithgow arms ?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts

My gun guy just emailed me this ! No prices though
They teased us then canceled the whole thing.😡
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Line

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
They teased us then canceled the whole thing.😡
View attachment 258219
Unbelievable! What ever happened to the Lithgow firearms company we knew loved and trusted?

·
Glocking it everyday!
835 Posts
Well, finally got me a chubby unicorn!

I prepaid for a 30 DS X back in February of this year but I guess they are having a hard time getting everyone back to work in Italy because still no news as to when more may be coming to the states.

One of the larger gun shops in my state, Florida, has a big presence on Gun Broker and I browse what they have every now and again and watch what I find interesting.

So this used 30 DS appeared and the price wasn’t going through the roof. I bid in the last 5 minutes and won. It’s a little over an hour and a half away so I drove up there today and picked this one up.

Not sure what I expected but it’s lighter than I thought and the grip is grippy. There’s a sticker with the model number on the bottom of the trigger guard, I question if this gun has ever been fired?

I have a box of .38 special, I’ll be in search of .357 magnum tomorrow and see if I can get it to the range.

If I like it, I might cancel my 30 DS X order.

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
Not something I've brought! But dear readers ,for your amusement! My Mate's grandson who is a pro shooter (and whom I am starting to believe is mentally defective) Has joined the elite group who have restricted class firearm licences! That means he can own Semi Auto Firearms! I own several and so does his grand father! So it's not as if the kid has never been around them! So what does the idiot do? Coughs up a $1000.00 au for a M1 Carbine! Why ? we all asked ? The answer ? Well there was a Ruger mini 14 ( we looked it up ,stainless in mint condition ) But that was $1200 au and the dealer told him the M1 was a better rifle! One born every minute!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
Not something I've brought! But dear readers ,for your amusement! My Mate's grandson who is a pro shooter (and whom I am starting to believe is mentally defective) Has joined the elite group who have restricted class firearm licences! That means he can own Semi Auto Firearms! I own several and so does his grand father! So it's not as if the kid has never been around them! So what does the idiot do? Coughs up a $1000.00 au for a M1 Carbine! Why ? we all asked ? The answer ? Well there was a Ruger mini 14 ( we looked it up ,stainless in mint condition ) But that was $1200 au and the dealer told him the M1 was a better rifle! One born every minute!
I wasn’t interested in M1 carbines when they were under $200 and ammo was nearly as cheap as .22LR!
Now they’re bringing over $700 and ammo is through the roof. All the military surplus has about dried up.
Mini-14s used to cost less than AR-15s now they’re running more.
Wouldn't of believed it 25 years ago.

·
Grumpy Old Man
6,636 Posts
I wasn’t interested in M1 carbines when they were under $200 and ammo was nearly as cheap as .22LR!
Now they’re bringing over $700 and ammo is through the roof. All the military surplus has about dried up.
Mini-14s used to cost less than AR-15s now they’re running more.
Wouldn't of believed it 25 years ago.
Years ago over here. M1 carbines were as cheap as chips, but the Ammo? Wow, was it expensive ! I'm talking about Mil Surp stuff ! I really think the lad is going to find it hard to find cases let alone factory stuff! I remember when the Mini 14's hit our shores! Everybody owned one but to us Pros doing culling work ? They were like Mana to a Jew! The greatest thing since canned beer! Rugged ,large magazine capacities and shooter friendly

9481 - 9500 of 9534 Posts