Glock Firearms banner
9461 - 9470 of 9470 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
So,I am going tomorrow after work and picking up the 3rd Savage model 12 varminter rifle. This one is a .22-250 though.Fluted barrel and Laminate stock,but a different forearm profile. I'll post up the pics when I get it home.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
I haven't weakened yet but.....I did some horse trading with a mate a few weeks ago and in his wisdom. He mentioned to a mutual shooter, that I might be weakening in my old age! I have a Bruno (CZ) .375 H&H gathering dust in one of my safes! I brought it years ago for shooting Camels and Water Buffalo! Well the Water Buff market collapsed and as for Camels? I used to shot them commercially and the limited magazine capacity of the Bruno was more a hindrance than a help! Now these days when shooting the .375 off the bench I'm not ashamed to say I use a 'sissy bag' (a small sandbag that fits between the butt and my shoulder) But Damn It's a .375 H&H! Now my dilemma! I have received an E-mail from this gentleman. He is offering to swap a Ruger 77 in 9.2x62 (and some cash from me) for my .375! Now normally I would scoff at the idea but his Ruger started out in life as a 30-06 but has been rebarreled, by the same Bloke who makes my barrels! Secondly .......It's a lefthanded action and I'm naturally left handed !!!! Come on talk me out of it! As I am weak
Well! I'm sorry to say, I'm keeping my .375 for the time being! The chap who wanted to swap also wanted (wait for it) $1500 cash!!!!!!!! I just laughed! I explained I can get a shot out '77' and rebarrel it for less than that!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
Well! I'm sorry to say, I'm keeping my .375 for the time being! The chap who wanted to swap also wanted (wait for it) $1500 cash!!!!!!!! I just laughed! I explained I can get a shot out '77' and rebarrel it for less than that!
Didn’t know you had a crack problem in Australia.

9461 - 9470 of 9470 Posts