Glock Firearms banner
9441 - 9460 of 9470 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
As an amateur WWII historian, and a big fan of General George S Patton, I’ve purchased two commemorative pistols in his honor. The 1903 model shipped yesterday, the other 1911 model will ship next week, when it’s paid off. While I have other guns that are worth more $$$, these will be the pride of my collection.

Attachments

·
Happy Member :)
5,216 Posts
Well I didn't buy it today but my LGS owner asked me if I still wanted it and if course I do but I didn't want to spend the money. Since it was his last and only one he nicely decided to put it in the back for me. Oh man is ammo gonna be expensive and damn you call of duty for making me make this decision lmao
Musical instrument accessory Automotive design Eyewear Font Gadget

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Well I didn't buy it today but my LGS owner asked me if I still wanted it and if course I do but I didn't want to spend the money. Since it was his last and only one he nicely decided to put it in the back for me. Oh man is ammo gonna be expensive and damn you call of duty for making me make this decision lmao View attachment 256107
Nice! Congrats!
Now you can tell your wife/girlfriend that COD made you do it. And we will support you. lol

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Well I didn't buy it today but my LGS owner asked me if I still wanted it and if course I do but I didn't want to spend the money. Since it was his last and only one he nicely decided to put it in the back for me. Oh man is ammo gonna be expensive and damn you call of duty for making me make this decision lmao View attachment 256107
Thats the circle of... well I don’t know. I do know that once you start shooting, you’ll love shooting it which will require more ammo, which will require more $$$....it’s the circle of something. I’ll be tempted to shoot the 1903, but won’t shoot either = no ammo cost. Enjoy your new firearm!

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
I haven't weakened yet but.....I did some horse trading with a mate a few weeks ago and in his wisdom. He mentioned to a mutual shooter, that I might be weakening in my old age! I have a Bruno (CZ) .375 H&H gathering dust in one of my safes! I brought it years ago for shooting Camels and Water Buffalo! Well the Water Buff market collapsed and as for Camels? I used to shot them commercially and the limited magazine capacity of the Bruno was more a hindrance than a help! Now these days when shooting the .375 off the bench I'm not ashamed to say I use a 'sissy bag' (a small sandbag that fits between the butt and my shoulder) But Damn It's a .375 H&H! Now my dilemma! I have received an E-mail from this gentleman. He is offering to swap a Ruger 77 in 9.2x62 (and some cash from me) for my .375! Now normally I would scoff at the idea but his Ruger started out in life as a 30-06 but has been rebarreled, by the same Bloke who makes my barrels! Secondly .......It's a lefthanded action and I'm naturally left handed !!!! Come on talk me out of it! As I am weak

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Well, I don’t have experience with either gun. However, it seems to me you already made a great argument selling the gun. Go with you gut. My apologies for taking the easy way out.

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
Well, I don’t have experience with either gun. However, it seems to me you already made a great argument selling the gun. Go with you gut. My apologies for taking the easy way out.
No apologies needed !!!! 😃 I like to hear from other shooters on these matters! I know which way I'll end up going but I like to hear convincing arguments! The hard part is explaining to the wife ,that I replaced a 'work rifle' that I don't use, for another work rifle that also probably won't get used for work (even though it will be a tax deduction)

·
Low speed High drag
2,425 Posts
My brother bought himself a 20. He figured I needed one also so he got me one too. With ammo! Can’t beat a deal like that…. or a brother like that!
View attachment 256138
That's awesome! I'm trying to wait on getting another 10mm until the gen5 10mm's are released. I love my 1911 10mm and I shoot it almost daily. I'm really excited for you to shoot it and tell us what you think!

·
Super Moderator
74,591 Posts
Thanks! I have never shot a 10mm yet. Going to today though!
Oh man, you will love it. My G20 is one of my favorites to shoot. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
My brother bought himself a 20. He figured I needed one also so he got me one too. With ammo! Can’t beat a deal like that…. or a brother like that!
View attachment 256138
That’s awesome!! My dad has always been a 10mm fan. He gave me my first Glock 20 like your brother did for you. I’ve been hooked on 10mm ever since. I now have the 20.3 he gave me, the 20sf, 29.4, S&W 1006, RIA 10mm, & a kimber camp guard 10mm.

Cabinetry Furniture Photograph Dresser Light

My 20sf with green lasermax guide rod laser.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
I haven't weakened yet but.....I did some horse trading with a mate a few weeks ago and in his wisdom. He mentioned to a mutual shooter, that I might be weakening in my old age! I have a Bruno (CZ) .375 H&H gathering dust in one of my safes! I brought it years ago for shooting Camels and Water Buffalo! Well the Water Buff market collapsed and as for Camels? I used to shot them commercially and the limited magazine capacity of the Bruno was more a hindrance than a help! Now these days when shooting the .375 off the bench I'm not ashamed to say I use a 'sissy bag' (a small sandbag that fits between the butt and my shoulder) But Damn It's a .375 H&H! Now my dilemma! I have received an E-mail from this gentleman. He is offering to swap a Ruger 77 in 9.2x62 (and some cash from me) for my .375! Now normally I would scoff at the idea but his Ruger started out in life as a 30-06 but has been rebarreled, by the same Bloke who makes my barrels! Secondly .......It's a lefthanded action and I'm naturally left handed !!!! Come on talk me out of it! As I am weak
You have ammo for the 9.2?
That’d be a decision maker for me.

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
View attachment 256138
Very vice indeed ! God bless your Brother for his hindsight 🏆

You have ammo for the 9.2?
That’d be a decision maker for me.
For some strange reason Metric calibres, have always been popular over here. Ammo and Cases aren't a problem. All that is stopping me now is how much he ,wants in the cash part of the exchange. We haven't nutted that out yet!

9441 - 9460 of 9470 Posts