Glock Firearms banner
9421 - 9440 of 9470 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
what power and size glass are you looking for? A leupold scout scope would be perfect!
Being that my eyes are not that good anymore, i`m looking at Leupold 6-18x40 scopes.
The most power in the smallest package is my goal. I dont plan on much shooting past 200/250yds with this gun, but i NEED the power.

·
1,650 Posts
Well, i went done did it. I bought another CZ rifle today. This one is the CZ527 American 22 Hornet.
A store manager i know at walmart gave me a smokin deal on it, i couldn`t walk away ($600 OTD!!!)

Already ordered a 22 K-Hornet chamber reamer today. So with that said, i finally got the gun i`ve been waiting for for decades.
Has decent wood. Not quite the pretty flame walnut i wanted, but really nice nonetheless. The set trigger is SAWWW-WEEEEETTTT!!!!
The trigger is also adjustable. Came with only one mag for it. Ordered a few extra mags from midwayusa. Action is very smooth. Machine work is flawless.

Thinkin Leupold glass, Warne rings. Still deciding on the glass yet. It`ll depend on the deals i find. Nothing is ever in stone, except the scope has to be MADE IN USA!
I'm a Leupold fan!!!! Nice rifle!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
I'm a Leupold fan!!!! Nice rifle!!!!!!
Thanks brother. I`m trying to get a picture of it uploaded in here for y`all to see it. Might take me awhile.
I hope it shoots as good as the gun looks, lol. I`m sure it`ll do good. I do reload, so i`ll have a pet load dialed-in in no time.

I own a couple (very old) target leupold scopes, but i know they`re far outdated for this fancy little ole hornet, lol. Plus they dont have enough power, and the parallax is on the front bell of those older scopes. Todays parallax adjustments are side focus knobs now. I LOVE the side focus scopes. Makes things soooooo much easier to work with. I can adjust the newer scope`s without ever taking my eye off the target.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well, i went done did it. I bought another CZ rifle today. This one is the CZ527 American 22 Hornet.
A store manager i know at walmart gave me a smokin deal on it, i couldn`t walk away ($600 OTD!!!)

Already ordered a 22 K-Hornet chamber reamer today. So with that said, i finally got the gun i`ve been waiting for for decades.
Has decent wood. Not quite the pretty flame walnut i wanted, but really nice nonetheless. The set trigger is SAWWW-WEEEEETTTT!!!!
The trigger is also adjustable. Came with only one mag for it. Ordered a few extra mags from midwayusa. Action is very smooth. Machine work is flawless.

Thinkin Leupold glass, Warne rings. Still deciding on the glass yet. It`ll depend on the deals i find. Nothing is ever in stone, except the scope has to be MADE IN USA!
I love .22 hornet. I don’t see a lot of my age group shooting it though. I shot it with my dad a lot as a boy.

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
I love .22 hornet. I don’t see a lot of my age group shooting it though. I shot it with my dad a lot as a boy.
I had a friend of mine, his dad had one, that thing was soooo kool back when we were alot younger. I never forgot those days. Still puts a smile on my face to this day.

I wore myself out with the 22 magnums. They just plain suck. Nobody makes accurate 22 mag ammo either. Hell a 22 LR will kill anything that a 22 mag will. Plus i got tired of the misfires with the 22 mag ammo as of lately. The way i see it, for a 22mag to only achieve maybe 50 more yards than a 22 LR, why am i even messing around with a 22 mag anyways.

Being that the 22 Hornet is down around the 22 mag area, with a little extra power on tap, that was the bigger reasons i decided to get one. That way i can reload for it and hopefully have a real accurate load for it eventually. Nice thing about the Hornet, i can load bunny fart loads, or some screamin`beagles. It just makes sense, to me.

If i need something to reach out past 200 yards and beyond, i`ve got PLENTY of other firepipes that will do that much better than the Hornet. This gun should fill my needs nicely for just some nice 200yd vermin extermination. No recoil, and the 22 Hornet`s are not a powder hog like most of my other firepipes are, lol.

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,843 Posts
I believe that no safe is complete unless there is a Hornet lurking in there! I almost bought a very cheap .22 magnum once! I asked my Gun guy how much the ammo was per 50 and he pointed out they were about $11.00 per box(.22 lr was about $2.50 )! I remember thinking ***!!! 11 big smoleans!!!!!! For a box of throw away cases????? Needless to say it never happened! I did for years own a single six with a spare .22 mag cylinder but I don't think, I ever put more than 2 or 3 boxes through it! The Hornet has made me a lot of money over the years! Until they passed the law that made the lowest powered round to shoot Roos, ,a 222 using a 50 gn pill! I used a Hornet, probably for 90% of my shooting and for Foxes 100% of the time.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
View attachment 255519
Polymer 80 Glock 43 finally completed, tested and ready for carry!!!!!!! What a project....but finally done!!!!!!! I had a terrible time getting it to work properly.
They don't quite go together like the imbecile & chef mumbled in a half hour,Congrats

·
1,650 Posts
I was going to do an AR47 with mine. Now that all Russian ammo is banned and the price of 7.62 is the same as 5.56, I’m trying to decide what I’m going to do with it.
I built one with a left-handed stag action and a special bolt face I found. I also ground down the firing pin so it protrudes a few thousands more into the harder Russian primers. I have shot quite a few rounds of Tula ammo through it! I would think you might look into a 350 Legend round. The ammo is available and reasonably priced. I built a pistol with a 10.5” barrel I cut down. It should be ready by next week. I'm teaching a couple of friends how to build the AR lowers. Mine is a Polymer 80 with a Stag upper and Bear Creek Arsenal barrel. Let me know what you deci, I'm interested.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,089 Posts
I have an AR47 completed for a while, I've not checked head space yet and I need some sort of glass for this build.
Need to get off my arse and get this one done and take it to the range.

I've not tried any polymer lowers as of yet, still milling out aluminum as a mainstay.

9421 - 9440 of 9470 Posts