Glock Firearms banner
9341 - 9360 of 9396 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've always been a fan of 9mm and .45, but there's something different about .40 that I really like. A lot of people complain about snappy recoil, but then a lot of people complain about 115gr 9mm being snappy as well. I don't think .40 is all that different, but definitely shoot what you like. As far as cost, yeah the "larger" calibers are more expensive, but I reload most calibers I shoot. Definitely a fan of the Sig 229 and 226, but don't have either yet. Maybe soon:D

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I've always been a fan of 9mm and .45, but there's something different about .40 that I really like. A lot of people complain about snappy recoil, but then a lot of people complain about 115gr 9mm being snappy as well. I don't think .40 is all that different, but definitely shoot what you like. As far as cost, yeah the "larger" calibers are more expensive, but I reload most calibers I shoot. Definitely a fan of the Sig 229 and 226, but don't have either yet. Maybe soon:D
IMG_1626631501.673944.jpg

This 226 X5 .40 S&W feels like your shooting 9mm.

·
1,588 Posts
i got the Ruger from a gun dealer, on Gunbroker, paid just a tad over factory list pricing

the S&W, i got that too on Gunbroker for a tad over factory list.

no local gun store in my area had either 1911. and it had been just about 1 year of looking and wanting

i could care less the final price i paid, i got what guns i had wanted to fill my cabinets of my mini collection.

i did refuse to pay (say) $500 and up over factory list.

when i saw some of the prices on some 1911's on Gunbroker, i just shook my head.
I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. That is a bad gun!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. That is a bad gun!!!!!!!!!
IMG_1626652879.215905.jpg

I love mine. I really cannot tell any difference in the way my RIA 10mm, & my Kimber 10mm shoot. Both are excellent. The only issue I had with the RIA was it would eject the brass & hit the slide. It stopped doing it after around 200 rounds though.

·
1,588 Posts
View attachment 252704

I love mine. I really cannot tell any difference in the way my RIA 10mm, & my Kimber 10mm shoot. Both are excellent. The only issue I had with the RIA was it would eject the brass & hit the slide. It stopped doing it after around 200 rounds though.
The price is the biggest difference!!!!

·
1,588 Posts
IMG_1626737474.957287.jpg
I bought a Glock 30S out at Kirtland AFB, BX. It was there, I was there, and it made me an offer I couldn't refuse!!!!!!!!! And if you believe that whopper!!!!! It was an early Christmas present!!!!!!!!! $565 out the door!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Some crazy **** going on...was just perusing GB auctions ending soon, and saw a 1964 Korth revolver in .38. This is their very first revolver made. Long story short I ending up winning auction. I know this gun is valuable, but not much else. Anyone have some knowledge they can drop on me? What they think One might be worth? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Some crazy **** going on...was just perusing GB auctions ending soon, and saw a 1964 Korth revolver in .38. This is their very first revolver made. Long story short I ending up winning auction. I know this gun is valuable, but not much else. Anyone have some knowledge they can drop on me? What they think One might be worth? Thanks.
Like this?

9341 - 9360 of 9396 Posts