Glock Firearms banner
9321 - 9340 of 9396 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Picked up a SA Hellcat RDP this past weekend,think I have the perfect EDC,size,weight and features, now to get my favorite Holster maker to produce a shoulder holster and AIWB for it of kydex.
Picked up as well 2 of the 15 round magazines,can't see myself carrying the P 80's G 19 any longer as this gun offers what I want in the way of a EDC gun.

View attachment 251763
Please do a range report when you got some time with that model Hellcat. I’m interested to see how much you like it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Please do a range report when you got some time with that model Hellcat. I’m interested to see how much you like it. Thanks!
Will do,I'd like to get it to the range Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Registered
758 Posts
what gun did i buy today?

well actually, thursday (tomorrow) i will be picking up a S&W series E 1911 and a Ruger SR 1911. just had to wait the obligatory 8 days for them.
Hey buddy157, do you have any pics? Also are they working out for ya? I like 1911’s and was looking for one of the cheapier varients just to have one.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Will do,I'd like to get it to the range Monday or Tuesday of next week.
Well took the Hellcat out on. it's maiden voyage, for my subjective feeling of the grip frame, size is perfect for concealed carry, mine seems to shoot laser beams as to accuracy. I shot 50 ads. without compensator and 50 with also 20 rounds Speer 124 gr. Gold Dot + P and 20 rds. Federal 124 gr. + P HST with and without the comp. and it does what compensators do.
A buddy that was at the range with me said I didn't think that itty bitty comp. would really work but dang if it don't.

Only complaint is loading magazines, doest seem to matter if it's 11,13 or 15 round magazines are a bear to load, makes Glock fun stick look like cake comparatively,SA should put Maglula coupons in the literature that comes in the zippered case because loading the magazines is that much of a chore, other than that for myself I've found the perfect CCW arm.

Reactions: Danzig and j102

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hey buddy157, do you have any pics? Also are they working out for ya? I like 1911’s and was looking for one of the cheapier varients just to have one.
in the A-Typical fashion, all my 1911's are fantastic, even my lower priced Rock Island Armory.

i always loved the classic look/style of the 1911's, and all of mine are .45 ACP

my S&W Series "E"

and my Ruger SR

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
In other news, I just (hour ago) bought a Glockus compactus forty-caliberus :giggle:

AKA Glock 23 Gen 5.
I'm pumped! Now I've gotta wait for it to ship.:cautious:
Congrats !

Reactions: mtelep and jhg

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Was watching john wick 3 yesterday and suddenly wanted a derringer lol. Just bought a bond arms roughneck in 9mm with 2.5” barrel. Waiting for it to ship to my ffl. Bought it as mainly just a range toy thats fairly cheap to shoot but could also carry as a backup. They also offer it with 357/38 spl and 45/4.10 but those are very expensive to shoot lol.

98697531-FD58-47E1-ABF9-7C89F8A2EB16.jpeg

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'll second that. My Rock Island 1911 is solid. I'd love to get my hands on either one of yours (S&W or Ruger). I've been drooling over the Ruger for some time now. Someday....

i got the Ruger from a gun dealer, on Gunbroker, paid just a tad over factory list pricing

the S&W, i got that too on Gunbroker for a tad over factory list.

no local gun store in my area had either 1911. and it had been just about 1 year of looking and wanting

i could care less the final price i paid, i got what guns i had wanted to fill my cabinets of my mini collection.

i did refuse to pay (say) $500 and up over factory list.

when i saw some of the prices on some 1911's on Gunbroker, i just shook my head.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In other news, I just (hour ago) bought a Glockus compactus forty-caliberus :giggle:

AKA Glock 23 Gen 5.
I'm pumped! Now I've gotta wait for it to ship.:cautious:
Two days ago I passed on a sweet used Sig P229 because it was in 40. I’m a 9 double M kind of guy. Don’t own, nor have I owned a single 40. However I’ve read the P229 was originally designed around the 40 and 357 Sig. Maybe I should reconsider and just grab it so I have a 40 in the house. While striking out looking for 9mm ammo during this drought I saw some 40 on the shelves almost every single time.🤔

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,747 Posts
Two days ago I passed on a sweet used Sig P229 because it was in 40. I’m a 9 double M kind of guy. Don’t own, nor have I owned a single 40. However I’ve read the P229 was originally designed around the 40 and 357 Sig. Maybe I should reconsider and just grab it so I have a 40 in the house. While striking out looking for 9mm ammo during this drought I saw some 40 on the shelves almost every single time.🤔
.40 prices have seemed to hover at unreasonable prices just like the .45 ACP. Cheapest I’ve seen is $28 for brass FMJ 50 count. Used to be a few bucks more, nicely nestled between 9 and .45.
.357Sig is just stupid priced at the moment if you can even find it.
I bought a couple of cases of .40 a few years ago for $12.99 a box of 50, Fiocchi brass. That was a great deal at the time.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Was watching john wick 3 yesterday and suddenly wanted a derringer lol. Just bought a bond arms roughneck in 9mm with 2.5” barrel. Waiting for it to ship to my ffl. Bought it as mainly just a range toy thats fairly cheap to shoot but could also carry as a backup. They also offer it with 357/38 spl and 45/4.10 but those are very expensive to shoot lol.

View attachment 252632
I had the BA C2K for many years. I had the .410/.45 LC barrel, .38/.357 mag barrel, & the 10mm barrel. They are fun derringers!

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I had the BA C2K for many years. I had the .410/.45 LC barrel, .38/.357 mag barrel, & the 10mm barrel. They are fun derringers!

9321 - 9340 of 9396 Posts