Glock Firearms banner

9261 - 9280 of 9305 Posts

·
Happy Member :)
5,152 Posts
Congrats! The 870 is a great home defense and pig hunting gun.
Btw, I have a Beretta A300 that I use for Skeet/Trap and bird hunting. Excellent guns.
I bought a stoeger m3000 for skeet/trap but those Berettas are nice for sure. I'm not to familiar with shotguns all that much but I like to have a variety and I didn't have a pump action so might as well kill two birds with one stone and get one while helping my friend out. I hate seeing good guns go lol

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I bought a stoeger m3000 for skeet/trap but those Berettas are nice for sure. I'm not to familiar with shotguns all that much but I like to have a variety and I didn't have a pump action so might as well kill two birds with one stone and get one while helping my friend out. I hate seeing good guns go lol
especially you know who had it and how it was taken care of

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Speaking of long range guns,heres one I have had for the past 40 something years.

C3EA1AD3-6C39-4DA4-997E-D9AE023C6A06_4_5005_c.jpeg

It is a 1874 C. Sharps rifle 45 2 1/10" Hartford,tripple A fancy wood 30" rust blued barrel,Axtell sights.
When I was 21 me and my brother who was 2 years younger ordered it and oh how we argued over the features it was to have, we agreed on barrel length,wood and finish. What we couldn't agree on was butt style, my brother wanted a pistol griped shotgun butt and I wanted a pistol griped rifle butt,ended up flipping a quarter and I came up tails and now all these years latter I'm glad I lost.
About 15 years back I bought my brother out and have used it to compete in BPCR and SASS long range matches, it has won many first places by many more shooters than just myself. I get a kick out of introducing folks to the joys of distance black powder shooting. In N.H. a range we shoot at opened up some land to a bit beyond 1000 yards and this couple were watching a small group of us ringing a life size buffalo out there,I asked if they wanted to give it a try and they did. The husband with coaching hit the buff 3 out of five and his wife hit it 4 out of five and oh did she rub it in but what pleased me was she told him "we need to get one of those".

·
1,516 Posts
Speaking of long range guns,heres one I have had for the past 40 something years.

View attachment 248276
It is a 1874 C. Sharps rifle 45 2 1/10" Hartford,tripple A fancy wood 30" rust blued barrel,Axtell sights.
When I was 21 me and my brother who was 2 years younger ordered it and oh how we argued over the features it was to have, we agreed on barrel length,wood and finish. What we couldn't agree on was butt style, my brother wanted a pistol griped shotgun butt and I wanted a pistol griped rifle butt,ended up flipping a quarter and I came up tails and now all these years latter I'm glad I lost.
About 15 years back I bought my brother out and have used it to compete in BPCR and SASS long range matches, it has won many first places by many more shooters than just myself. I get a kick out of introducing folks to the joys of distance black powder shooting. In N.H. a range we shoot at opened up some land to a bit beyond 1000 yards and this couple were watching a small group of us ringing a life size buffalo out there,I asked if they wanted to give it a try and they did. The husband with coaching hit the buff 3 out of five and his wife hit it 4 out of five and oh did she rub it in but what pleased me was she told him "we need to get one those".
That looks like a Quigley Rifle!!!!!! I love that movie, regardless!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
That looks like a Quigley Rifle!!!!!! I love that movie, regardless!!!!!!!!
YuP,the only thing identical to the Quigley rifle is the sights as before Montana Vintage Arms,Axtell was the only game for quality sights for Sharps,Rollers,Stevens and Hepburn riles

·
1,516 Posts
Bought me a new long range shooting rifle today. Savage 112 heavy barrel Winchester in 300 mag. Has a very nice Leupold 6-18 Vari-XII scope as well. Also some LPP and LRP primers (for 10 bucks..) View attachment 248270
I have one in 300 and one in 22-250!!!! Both wear ultimate Sniper stocks. I want to go to the Whittington range in northern New Mexico and shoot them with a Savage 338 La Pua and an East Ridge Arms 50 BMG I own!!!! I truly love all of those guns!!!!!!

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,081 Posts
I didnt buy it just yet, but....
I`ve been looking at the CZ-457LUX 22 rimfire ever since the CZ-457`s came out. I`ve read all kinds of comments on them. Not sure i`m there yet, but i am closer.

View attachment 247761
CZ (We knew em as Brunos for years) were the choice of Pro Rabbit Shooters, over here for many years! A Pro Rabbit shooter would fire 200-500 rnds a night 7 nights a week! You don't get a better recommendation than that! I used one (a Model 2) for many years until I got my Fieldsman! Even then I always had a Model 2 as a spare!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I picked up my new G45 from the FFL guy this morning. I really like it. Feels great in my hand. Came with 3 mags, that's nice.
Congrats on the new shooter.

·
Super Moderator
73,315 Posts
I picked up my new G45 from the FFL guy this morning. I really like it. Feels great in my hand. Came with 3 mags, that's nice.
Congrats on the new G45 Geezer!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Co worker made me what I believe to be a decent offer for these Rock Island FS, with sequential serial numbers. Only one box, no original grips, but he added some ammunition.

9261 - 9280 of 9305 Posts