Glock Forum banner
8,861 - 8,880 of 10,368 Posts
That’s just ridiculous!
A right delayed is a right denied!
i know. when i read about some of you, sitting at the counter while the salesman calls to get the background check, here we HAD to wait 7 days. then all this panic buying, overwhelmed the police depts where the guns stores were located. so Queen Gina, made a new law that now a background check CAN TAKE UP TO 30 days.....

Where do you live?
answered below, by mattm

Buddy's in Rhode Island I believe. Home of Queen Gena (sp?) and a state my emperor Ned has deemed off limits to we "Constitution State" minions, except for day trips to the crowded beaches and bars. :rolleyes:. I cancelled my week at a resort awhile back, private beach, super clean place, due to existing restrictions, but now I couldn't go if I wanted to. But, public beach, beachfront bars...no problem to fearless leader.
Gina.....or The Queen, or The Tyrant, or the (can't say the word here)

thank god she's in her final years of being a goobner.

Buddy's in Rhode Island I believe. Home of Queen Gena (sp?) and a state my emperor Ned has deemed off limits to we "Constitution State" minions, except for day trips to the crowded beaches and bars. :rolleyes:. I cancelled my week at a resort awhile back, private beach, super clean place, due to existing restrictions, but now I couldn't go if I wanted to. But, public beach, beachfront bars...no problem to fearless leader.
if this nonsense continues, and i only see it as doing so, i can also see a major revolt against these goobners, up to and including, making them run for thier lives.......

if this nonsense continues, and i only see it as doing so, i can also see a major revolt against these goobners, up to and including, making them run for thier lives.......
I mentioned a bud of mine, screen name Duke Wavewalker, who has filled me in on RI issues over the years. He's given talks at the capital and is pretty active in trying to preserve gun rights in your state. We wanted to get together to shoot, but I'd have to go straight to his club and back, which would eliminate my ability to stop in at the Quonset Point Air National Guard where I've had fun in the past and is a must visit when in the area. Duke can't come to CT as all his mags are "too big.". .. retirement coming up, and will be elsewhere. About done fighting these clowns in the northeast.

I mentioned a bud of mine, screen name Duke Wavewalker, who has filled me in on RI issues over the years. He's given talks at the capital and is pretty active in trying to preserve gun rights in your state. We wanted to get together to shoot, but I'd have to go straight to his club and back, which would eliminate my ability to stop in at the Quonset Point Air National Guard where I've had fun in the past and is a must visit when in the area. Duke can't come to CT as all his mags are "too big.". .. retirement coming up, and will be elsewhere. About done fighting these clowns in the northeast.
I couldn't imagine having mag restrictions, it's just crazy too me. I feel Sorry for all you Americans who can't fully enjoy our rights as intended.

Some "leaders" have been using any excuse to restrict and eliminate 2A rights using the wuhan flu as a reason. Northam in VA comes to mind, but my,ahole gov, and many others, have tried restrictions, and succeeded in many cases. A coworker I Ihelped convert to becoming a potential gun owner has to wait 2 months to bring his "diploma" to the blue town to start the possible 6 month journey to getting his permit. 5 years ago, I went from class to permit in 3 weeks. Red town, an unfortunate minority in this former leader in freedom of a state.

Some "leaders" have been using any excuse to restrict and eliminate 2A rights using the wuhan flu as a reason. Northam in VA comes to mind, but my,ahole gov, and many others, have tried restrictions, and succeeded in many cases. A coworker I Ihelped convert to becoming a potential gun owner has to wait 2 months to bring his "diploma" to the blue town to start the possible 6 month journey to getting his permit. 5 years ago, I went from class to permit in 3 weeks. Red town, an unfortunate minority in this former leader in freedom of a state.
In the past three weeks I've bought an ak-m, an ar15 lower, three Chinese sks's, two glock 44's and left with them the same day. Although every single shop worker told me they doubt that I'll be able to leave with them the same day but fdle bg went through immediately. Seemed to upset a few shop workers for some reason but I guess that's what working at an airport for 10+years will do for your background checks.

In the past three weeks I've bought an ak-m, an ar15 lower, three Chinese sks's, two glock 44's and left with them the same day. Although every single shop worker told me they doubt that I'll be able to leave with them the same day but fdle bg went through immediately. Seemed to upset a few shop workers for some reason but I guess that's what working at an airport for 10+years will do for your background checks.
Dangit dude...leave some 7.62x39 for me, wouldyaha?!?!:D
Don't need any yet, but that would be my next caliber, seeing as I don't see 5.7x28 coming down.
I was just conversing with Mike Miller, head honcho at ammoseek. Let's just hope biden don't win, though selling my ammo at that time would buy the sailboat I would want to go find a remote island somewhere far away.
We're still "20 minutes and done" here, thanks to a little fighting with the gov., that we won. Issue was, my last purchase, place was so mobbed I couldn't get to the counter. Got my refund, watched the gun go up $100, then another $100...but the wife says wait 'til we move and get "what I want"...glad she realizes I want them all :p...actually, just getting normal mags will be a good start.

Dangit dude...leave some 7.62x39 for me, wouldyaha?!?!:D
Don't need any yet, but that would be my next caliber, seeing as I don't see 5.7x28 coming down.
I was just conversing with Mike Miller, head honcho at ammoseek. Let's just hope biden don't win, though selling my ammo at that time would buy the sailboat I would want to go find a remote island somewhere far away.
We're still "20 minutes and done" here, thanks to a little fighting with the gov., that we won. Issue was, my last purchase, place was so mobbed I couldn't get to the counter. Got my refund, watched the gun go up $100, then another $100...but the wife says wait 'til we move and get "what I want"...glad she realizes I want them all :p...actually, just getting normal mags will be a good start.
Lol I'll think about it, but I'm actually looking for more right now as we speak. Glad your wife is gonna let you get what you want I'm solo in my boat so I tell myself what I can and can't get haha

Reactions: mattm
right now, some states may have a restriction on the number of rounds a mag can hold.

but there are no restrictions as to "how many mags" a person can own

the Mrs and I want to move away as well, we just have not decided where to. when i was driving long haul, i fell in love with the south west.

she likes floriduh....

i cannot stand heat AND humidity..

...Duke can't come to CT as all his mags are "too big.". .. retirement coming up, and will be elsewhere. About done fighting these clowns in the northeast.
Come to the south. I hunt bambi with a suppressed AR down here.

That said, in the spirit of future-proofing, I did buy some reduced-capacity 10-round pistol magazines recently. Never know what may happen 'someday', even in the south.

Come to the south. I hunt bambi with a suppressed AR down here.

That said, in the spirit of future-proofing, I did buy some reduced-capacity 10-round pistol magazines recently. Never know what may happen 'someday', even in the south.
yeah, South is where we're heading I believe. SC at the top right now, but TN (if only to freak my kid out, in fact I found a nice place in a town similar sounding to his, and it would be funny to let him know mom and I are moving to Harrimumblemumbleson :p), possible northern Fl after selling land in southern Fl.:rolleyes:...November will be a deciding factor as well. Not sure if I'm retiring tomorrow or in 4-5 years...I mentioned AR to my wife, met a service tech who lives there and loves it. The wife mentions Arizona from time to time, hmmm, I could stretch out the RPR...think we got it narrowed down to anywhere but here, or the neighboring states. I'll be bringing 180 10.Round. Mags.

One great thing about AR if you're a retiree is the low cost of living. Had one family member who was a public school teacher in California. The cost of living is so different here that his California teacher's pension bought him a house on a private golf course in Hot Springs Arkansas.

The downside is that if you're FROM arkansas, the only place cheaper to retire to tends to be in central or south america...

One great thing about AR if you're a retiree is the low cost of living. Had one family member who was a public school teacher in California. The cost of living is so different here that his California teacher's pension bought him a house on a private golf course in Hot Springs Arkansas.

The downside is that if you're FROM arkansas, the only place cheaper to retire to tends to be in central or south america...
Property tax in the northeast is whacked. I've been looking at homes in the $120-200k range, and property tax is $70-90 less A WEEK. My son just bought a place in TN, valued higher than my house by about $15k, and pays $4k less a year....then there's the vehicles...:mad:
I heard Uraguay is a good retirement locale..

8,861 - 8,880 of 10,368 Posts