Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Look on eBay. I bought a stream light tlr-2 clone but with a green laser for my g21 for 130.00. It's called a laser speed

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked up a NcSTAR green laser/flashlight at the gun show this morning for $50. Feels solid and fits tight on the glock.

·
118 Posts
I have the Viridian C5L and it is amazing. Fits and looks great on my G23. It's a little pricey but I am very happy with it an glad I bought one.

·
Banned
94 Posts
I have three Viridian lasers, 2 C5Ls and 1 X5L they are excelent laser lights. I also just ordered a CrimsonTrace red laser grip to go with the X5L - red and green on one gun for just the right amount of overkill.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I picked up a NcSTAR green laser/flashlight at the gun show this morning for $50. Feels solid and fits tight on the glock.
How has this held up with firing, etc.? I take it that you can "Zero" this?

I have an NCStar scope which I really like so i'm interested to hear your thughts on the laser/light combo.

D

·
Banned
94 Posts
Danzig said:
What are you Predator?
No, but lasers on guns are like superchargers on cars, neither are nessasary but they can improve your performance if you use them right. I do love the Predator reference though

·
Banned
94 Posts
So far I have never had any problem with the Viridians no matter how many rounds I put through them. Something to think about, lasers are a great advantage - sometimes, red lasers are better indoors due to the fact that a red laser will always be less bright (intense) than a green laser of the same milliwatt rating due to the way the human eye perceives green over red. So green will be more visible over greater distances than red. Having two lasers one of each color on one gun gives you the ability to use red in and green outdoors, just remember that if the bad Guy is armed and you don't have the laser trained on him, your laser will give away your position. They are useful tools if used correctly at the right time and can be very intimidating to the badguy. So in ending this long winded note for those new to lasers in general, you get what you pay for when it comes to lasers, don't buy a cheap laser if your life or someone else's may have to depend on it. That's the same reason we all purchased GLOCKS.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,592 Posts
CaptainJack said:
No, but lasers on guns are like superchargers on cars, neither are nessasary but they can improve your performance if you use them right. I do love the Predator reference though
I have several. No argument here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
How has this held up with firing, etc.? I take it that you can "Zero" this?

I have an NCStar scope which I really like so i'm interested to hear your thughts on the laser/light combo.

D
I'm not surprised at how awesome this laser is. Zeroed in around 25 yards and it hasn't moved at all after 50 rounds with the glock .40 and about 30 round through a friends S&W 9mm. The only con is that its either a laser or flashlight, not both. However it takes all of about ten second to switch between the two. Compact, reliable and affordable!

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I'm not surprised at how awesome this laser is. Zeroed in around 25 yards and it hasn't moved at all after 50 rounds with the glock .40 and about 30 round through a friends S&W 9mm. The only con is that its either a laser or flashlight, not both. However it takes all of about ten second to switch between the two. Compact, reliable and affordable!

Tim
Awesome. thank you. HOw is the light? Mag Light Bright or TLR bright?

d

·
Registered
148 Posts
More like mag light bright. I've only played with streamlights tlr in stores, but i have a streamlight scorpion that's rated at 80 lumens and the NcSTAR is not quite as bright. For its purpose it lights up everything i think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CaptainJack said:
I have three Viridian lasers, 2 C5Ls and 1 X5L they are excelent laser lights. I also just ordered a CrimsonTrace red laser grip to go with the X5L - red and green on one gun for just the right amount of overkill.
Will you sell one of those laser lights you have I just bought a Glock 26 Gen 3? If it fits?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Will you sell one of those laser lights you have I just bought a Glock 26 Gen 3? If it fits?
threadjacking complete.

Welcome to the forum. ;)

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I run a Surefire X400 with a red laser. They make it with the green laser now, it is pricey mine ran me $400ish but well worth it. Like a poster already stated do go cheap with something that could give u an advantage over an assailant. If so buy more ammo to practice shooting so you can hit your Target either way. I hear good things about Streamlight but I went with the best of the best that stands guard on my nightstand everynight.

·
Dude
246 Posts
Green lasers are 532nm. They all appear the same color with the human eye. The thing to realize with a green laser is that it is the most visible color to the human eye with commercially available lasers. This also means, while they are very bright, you can see the beam, often times in complete daylight. This does give away your position even if you are behind concealment or cover.

If you're going to target-practice with a laser, the green is certainly a good choice for day-shooting as you can easily see the dot, but at night, could be a liability of sorts. Furthermore, green lasers really suck up the battery juice compared to a red laser.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts