What glock would you recommend

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Bill24, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don’t get the 48 then.

2. deckerhand

deckerhand Member

I would recommend the g 19 I live in a ten round state as well you can order 10 round magazine. The ffl should have already made sure the magazines are 10 rounds. I am in north jersey if you happen to be in the same state I could Recommend ranges that rent to help you make your Final decision

Danzig likes this.

3. djg1965

djg1965 Active Member

The new Glock 48 now come with a rail for lights/lasers. They also come in all black, I have the silver colored slide, think it looks okay, but prefer all black.

Richard Davis likes this.
  4. Bill24

Bill24 New Member

Thanks deckerhand. I will try out the g19 to see how it feels. I'm a bit concerned about the smaller grip. In terms of ranges I'm based in NYC, so ranges that can be reached in NJ via mass transit may be better. On occasion I will rent cars and have been considering taking a trip out to Pennsylvania to shoot at some of their ranges.

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    When I lived in Jersey I would go shoot every blue moon at the PA public ranges. Don’t know if they still have them but they were run by parks department. Free to shoot just bring all your own targets, guns and ammo.
    I’d buy a lot of gun stuff at the Allentown gun show.

6. G26.4inOK

G26.4inOK Member

If you decided you did not need a rail, the G26 may be a better choice. It would be easier to carry and conceal, and holds 10 rounds as per your requirement. You could also use larger magazines in it or a pinky extension. I personally don’t like a weapon mounted light, and have a dedicated flashlight for home defense and an EDC flashlight.

RevV likes this.
  7. Bill24

Bill24 New Member

@G26.4inOK Thanks. Concealment isn't my top priority and I think the G26 would be too small for what I am looking for which is mainly range and home defense.

8. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

I would not discount a G26 all together.
    Maybe find a range where you can try all 3 sizes???

Richard Davis likes this.
  9. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

I have all 3 sizes,plus the 21. I note more flutter with my laser trainer with the 26 than any of my other pistols,even the 43 when squeezing the trigger. Hmmm, got some spare 6 pound trigger springs, think that'll be my next "fix."

10. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have Wolff 6LB trigger springs in all my glocks.

mattm likes this.
  11. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

6 lb. trigger spring plus a 3.5 lb. connector and a Johnny Glock ejector modification to pre-travel reduction makes for a great squeeze!

mattm likes this.
  12. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

The G26 is a great gun. It is my main carry gun, and a very nice shooter. But for home defense, the others Glocks mentioned in this thread are better choices. IMHO.

Danzig likes this.
  13. G26.4inOK

G26.4inOK Member

The G26 was my first gun. My thought was it could be a carry gun, and it is a great carry gun, and with G19 or even a larger magazines it is a home defense gun. Remember, it takes all of its bigger brother and magazines!

Richard Davis and RockL like this.
  14. JKricket

JKricket New Member

I have both a Glock 17 and the new Glock 48 MOS. I live in a 10 round magazine state, go with the new Glock 48 MOS. It is made for 10 rounds and is based on the 19. It will be perfect for you. When you're ready you can also add a red dot optic or a light.

Lucian_253 and Richard Davis like this.
  15. yorktown5

yorktown5 Member

I'm a bit surprised that I'm not alone on preferring the G26. Going back over ALL my GSSF scores and the 26 shoots the best of all for me. I think the palm swell fits in my palm better AND with older eyes both front and rear sights are in sharper focus. One trick us geezers use is to widen the rear sight opening for faster alignment. And it'll take the longer mags with grip sleeves too.

RevV, Olga17 and DanMar58 like this.
  16. DanMar58

DanMar58 Member

TEXAS
    I have a few 19’s. 43x’s, a 43 , and a 26. Ive been shooting Glocks since ‘94 and for some reason I am more accurate with my G26 than with any of my other Glock models. And I always have been. So much for longer sight radius being key to accuracy. Hahaha!!!

RevV likes this.
  17. Tony d

Tony d New Member

18. Tony d

Tony d New Member

19. jsglano1

jsglano1 Glock User

G34 has been the most accurate Glock I have shot, a bit long to carry but the most accurate by far

20. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I kind of doubt that a G34 is "more accurate" than a G17 or G19 or for that matter, any other Glock. I can believe that someone might be more accurate shooting a G34 than he would be shooting a G26 because of the longer sight radius. I would not think most of us would shoot a G26 better, but some claim they do.

So, accuracy of the gun is probably no different from one to the other if properly sighted. And if you are looking primarily for a home defense gun the G26 would probably do as well as the G34 because the distance you are likely to have to shoot is probably going to be less than 15 feet unless you have some really big rooms or long hallways.

For range shooting, I would prefer the larger models again mostly because of longer sight radius and better grip for longer periods of shooting.