Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Lefty and really am looking for a port side ejection.

Does Glock make a lefty model?

The need isn't as great as with rifles, but I still prefer lefty built when I can get my hands on them.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Me being left handed, I've found the Glock ejects perfectly out of my line of sight and has never been a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can reverse the magazine release on the Gen 4 Glocks but they are all right side eject. When I shoot with my off hand I don't have any problems and none of the left handed shootes I've met have any problems with the Glock.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me being left handed, I've found the Glock ejects perfectly out of my line of sight and has never been a problem.
Cool. How's the magazine release? Slide drop?

I don't know much about Glock to be honest but they have a solid reputation that makes me want to join the club.

Glock doesn't make left handed models. Get a 19 Gen 3.
I'll check it out.

You can reverse the magazine release on the Gen 4 Glocks but they are all right side eject. When I shoot with my off hand I don't have any problems and none of the left handed shootes I've met have any problems with the Glock.
Cool. I'm glad to hear that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the gen4 has a true ambidextrous mag release, you can change it from side to side.
GLOCKs are designed to be operated with either hand comfortably, you can reach all controls easily, I hav taught myself to shoot left handed.

can help much with the direction of ejection.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea of port side, but it's not necessary. I feel like a square peg in a round hole and for once would like to find something built for me, not just modified.

It's weird, I know, and a bit over picky, but hey, you guys have everything built for you so I would like the same for one thing in the world that isn't poorly fitting baseball gloves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the idea of port side, but it's not necessary. I feel like a square peg in a round hole and for once would like to find something built for me, not just modified.

It's weird, I know, and a bit over picky, but hey, you guys have everything built for you so I would like the same for one thing in the world that isn't poorly fitting baseball gloves.
It's not weird.

I hear you. I'm also a lefty. I'm at the point now that I won't purchase any long gun if it isn't a lefty. Why bother. I might as well get what I want, right.?
I do like the Glock and as stated previously..ejection has never been a problem. The nice thing for me is while I am left handed, I shoot just as well and in some cases better right handed. It might be from practice and repetition but I think leftys have an advantage in that department.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not weird.

I hear you. I'm also a lefty. I'm at the point now that I won't purchase any long gun if it isn't a lefty. Why bother. I might as well get what I want, right.?
I do like the Glock and as stated previously..ejection has never been a problem. The nice thing for me is while I am left handed, I shoot just as well and in some cases better right handed. It might be from practice and repetition but I think leftys have an advantage in that department.
I had a guy tell me last night that most left handed people shoot right from the bench. I'm not bench shooting, nor have I met another lefty that's remotely true with. Of course that's always in passing, I don't know any other lefties off line.

I can shoot right handed, not as well, but close. Like I said though if I'm spending good money for something I would like it to be as functional as my right handed buddies.

I can't tell you how many rifles I've had to pass up shooting so I don't get burned, but I'm sure you know that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw a G26 Left handed ejection port on the left side

Glock doesn't make left handed models. Get a 19 Gen 3.
I thought the same thing... but I recently saw a LEO (COP) with a G26 left handed couldn't believe it... i'm thinking its special order through GLOCK...No Bull****

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I strongly reccommend that you not buy any firearm you you don't want. With that said, I can not reccommend any one over another .

We all purchase what we want because it appeals to our senses. Obviously, my likes and dislikes will differ from yours.

If you want to buy a Glock go do your reseach and find one in the caliber, size and color of your liking by all means.

And if you do, could I reccommend you look into Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) for a match and some fun near you? We enjoy the match and all of the people we encounter there.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I strongly reccommend that you not buy any firearm you you don't want. With that said, I can not reccommend any one over another .

We all purchase what we want because it appeals to our senses. Obviously, my likes and dislikes will differ from yours.

If you want to buy a Glock go do your reseach and find one in the caliber, size and color of your liking by all means.

And if you do, could I reccommend you look into Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) for a match and some fun near you? We enjoy the match and all of the people we encounter there.

I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Where a lot of handguns eject more to the side, Glock ejects more up and over your head and a little to the right, so shooting left hand should not be an issue. Gen 4's will have the mag release that will work and if you have a gen 4 that is throwing casings in your face then the ejector needs changed and it will stop.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where a lot of handguns eject more to the side, Glock ejects more up and over your head and a little to the right, so shooting left hand should not be an issue. Gen 4's will have the mag release that will work and if you have a gen 4 that is throwing casings in your face then the ejector needs changed and it will stop.
I use port side ejection as a general term for left handed firearms, the only way it really matter is with rifles.

I hate having to push off a hot casing cause it got stuck burning on my arm.

It's happened.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm also a lefty, although ambidextrous and i even favor my right with some things- for instance I swing golf clubs, and baseball bats as a righty, but throw lefty, and write lefty.

I have found that I am left eye dominant, but can switch shooting hands even though I am weaker with my right. Glock ejection has never been a problem either way I go.

I chose a Gen 3 23, and have found that even though the mag release is fixed on the left side on the gun I can apply enough pressure to drop the mag with the inside of my index finger pretty easily.

·
Vulgar Individual
588 Posts
my grandpa is a lefty and he loves my glock... finds it odd with the mag release like ^ that guy said, but he can hold a 2 in. group at 50 yards... but.. he's a retired marine with vision that is fading... so i gotta give him some credit...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts