Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when the star spangled banner played just before the television stations signed off for the night at midnight and came back on at six in the morning, i remember when Rachel Welch was the hottest babe in the world and i remember when UFO was a rock band.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
uh… I remember when we had to come inside when the streetlights come on. Now its getting kids to even go outside to begin with is the problem…

·
Registered
216 Posts
Riding bikes in my community until sunset. Backyard football every Sunday afternoon in the Church yard....until sunset. Watching Dolly Parton on the Porter Waggoner show when she was in her teens.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My grandma taking us out in the country to get the Sunday Sermon to those who couldnt get to church, living in a neighborhood where you were very careful about what you did wrong because all the parents knew yours and were allowed to punish you and then they told your dad!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SHOOTER13 said:
I watched man land and walk on the moon...LIVE...July 20, 1969
My grandma said it was staged in the desert!! Really!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Black and white TVs that had the "evil eye" dot on the screen when you turn 'em off....

Being the first people I knew who had a color TV....

Rotary telephones....

Audio cassette tapes, and tape backup drives for computers that used audio cassettes....

5-1/2" floppy disks....

"portable phones" the size of a lunchbox....

....and going real waaaaay back, the time when a man's word was his honor, and a handshake was as good as written contract.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happysniper1 said:
Black and white TVs that had the "evil eye" dot on the screen when you turn 'em off....

Rotary telephones....

Audio cassette tapes, and tape backup drives for computers that used audio cassettes....

5-1/2" floppy disks....

....and going real waaaaay back, the time when a man's word was his honor, and a handshake was as good as written contract.
When phone numbers had letters in them, 8 track tapes. Phones that were wired to your car! Dad, c'mon we are the only people in the WORLD that still have a black and white TV! Son, show me whats broken on it and we will get a new one! Now walk over there and change the channel!!

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I remember when there was no gun control act. And thinking that paying .10 cents apiece for war surplus 30-06 rounds was pretty steep.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
14,133 Posts
My Commodore 128...my first computer, I taught myself BASIC on...and learned to fly a helicopter on !!

I still have that...and every other computer I ever owned....the Smithsonian has nothing on me.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SeventiesWreckers said:
I remember when there was no gun control act. And thinking that paying .10 cents apiece for war surplus 30-06 rounds was pretty steep.
Damn , .10 cents!!thats just crazy!! Was gas. 35 cents?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHOOTER13 said:
My Commadore 128...my first computer, I taught myself BASIC on...and learned to fly a helicoper on !!

I still have that...and every other computer I ever owned....the Smithsonian has nothing on me.
That is priceless.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happysniper1 said:

Rotary telephones....

5-1/2" floppy disks....

Honor and your good word!! Wow, sweet!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I remember when I had hair:eek:

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
.10 cents for 30-06 was around 1967. The National Gun Control Act was passed by Johnson in 1968.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Birddogyz said:
I remember when I had hair:eek:
Really good memory, huh? Wayyyyyy back!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SeventiesWreckers said:
.10 cents for 30-06 was around 1967. The National Gun Control Act was passed by Johnson in 1968.
I think. 35 cents would have been just about that time. Unless the 4 stations, one on each corner were having a gas war!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dutchs said:
Really good memory, huh? Wayyyyyy back!!
Sorry man, i can't remember when mine wasn't grey, jealousy coming out!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Owning and carrying around a set of throwing knives, at age 9 or 10. The trees and streets in the neighborhood stood no chance!

Having a cap gun the size of a 2" .38, where the only orange part was this tiny little cross in the end of the barrel, that easily popped off. That one had the plastic caps, like moon clips.

Having a cap gun that resembled an old west revolver, that took the paper roll of caps.

Shooting aluminum cans with my Dad at 8.

Watching reruns of Adam 12 and Emergency!, the original Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek. The Six Million Dollar Man turning into The Fall Guy. The Greatest American Hero.

Cars made of steel, where you could watch the gas gauge drop as you got on the gas, and didn't care because gas was only .50/gal. Complaining about paying .85/gal. Not understanding how NJ could have the cheapest gas, at .99/gal, when every station required someone to pump my gas for me.

Running around in camo in the woods, playing with friends, because even though we had an Atari and a TRS 80 Color (a VERY early home computer, that was hooked up to the TV and didn't really do that much), it was more fun that being inside (and I was not really an outdoorsy kid...I spent a lot more time inside than most of my friends did).

The TRS 80 Color:

We actually learned Basic in elementary school. I want to say in 4th grade? Maybe 5th. On the original TRS 80:

I remember it being a big deal that we had to get and keep those 5 1/4" floppy discs! We had to bring money in for them!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts